Show Off Your Keitai's Thread!

kerpao

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c0lap1nada

I'm looking for a new phone that has wifi & sel-cam. Any suggestions? Nevermind, I think I'll wait for n-02b price drop ;(

Also, how much would a SH-01A white (condition: 9/10) go for?

Thanks;)

Guest GloomyPookie

I believe there was someone here who could get a hold of Chinese market fully unlocked phones? I'm asking this because I'm interested. :)

Guest minekyo

HELP ME PLEASE !

Hey guys I need help with my phone :( I have a docomo sh906i and every time someone calls me it does not work like it automatically goes to one missed call. However, when I call someone using that phone it works perfectly fine :S ?

does this have something to do with my settings ? Sim card ?

Guest IonNuke

White Docomo N-02A in use while in Japan a few days ago. Connected to 1Seg watching TV.... something to do waiting for the bus. The lighting almost makes this thing look pink -_-

157075_1771808300159_1387825512_32057504_2380565_n.jpg

Guest dreamymagic

uhm hello there!

i thought i might just ask anything i am still not sure about here.

i really want to get a keitai (i actually have the 740SC one from softbank. I used that when I was in tokyo. but returning to germany, it won't work anymore, since it is locked. i actually once shoved my old sim card into it but the phone told me to 'insert correct USIM'.

i had no clue what a USIM actually is so i googled a bit and came to read that it is basically a sim card for the 3G network. this information might be wrong....

my card was broken anyway, already 5~6 years old and some friends did not receive my SMS any longer. at first i thought my regular phone is broken, since it tends to have some issues too actually, but i changed to O2, and suddenly everything was fine.)

The card I am using now is O2 Freikarte. (i am a prepaid using girl 8D)

I actually shoved that card into the softbank keitai too, just to see if the error message changed, and it actually did.

it said now that the provider i use/the area i am in, is not supported

I read on a forum that all the newer sim cards in germany most likely are 3G cards, so I wondered if that new error message meant that I am using a 3G card currently.

I habe actually no clue on that T-T;;

is there a way i can check that?

Because I know that germany usually works on GSM 900/ GSM 1800, and a few keitais are like 3G (but only Japan) listet DX

(edit on that: i think i just now understood that the new sim cards are okay to work with 3G, but that does not mean it is neccessary that it is 3G, because it depends on the phone, right? my phone i am using has GSM 900/1800/1900- and EDGE-Net listet O: so basically it cannot work on 3G, even though my sim card might does. did i understood this right now? X-x~~ but does that mean in those keitais that you can choose and edit it somewhere on what network you want to be kind of? XD; because i just read in some forum that people were talking about how to switch back to GSM from 3G etc...)

actually i want a flip phone (since i usually have my phone in my bag with all sort of other things, and from my last phone i cracked the display. so i thought having a display on the inside, protected and all would be good for me)

but there aren't any flip phones in germany expect like 3 for seniors... which look ugly.

i am mainly looking for a cute flip keitai (possibly in white or pink) i can write SMS with and do regular calls.

it would be nice if the camera is fairly okay too.

right now i kind of came to like these:

N-01b supposed to work on: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHZ / 3G (only Japan)

N906iu supposed to work on: GSM 900/1800/1900/ UMTS (3G) 2100/ WCDMA (3G)

F-08a supposed to work on: WCDMA (3G)/ GSM (2)

supposed to work on because i collected those from various sites since a few people put in different networks.

as far as i understood, those 3 keitais are all needed to be unlocked with hypersim, but that does not mean it would work if the network is wrong~

so i wondered if those 3 actually would work in germany with hypersim+o2 sim card

we have Tmobile in germany too ._.; so if changing would help, i probably would (even though i kind of prefer o2, but i heard 02 might be troublesome...)

and another question would be.

i can do just usual calls then and also SMS, but MMS and internet is not possible right?

(i thought it would be handy to have internet, but i think i could live without)

this whole topic kind of confuses me because many people tend to tell you different things DX;

and i seriously don't want to buy a keitai + hypersim when it is certain already now that it won't work

so that's why i am asking.

and also

i thought of maybe buying a second hand one possibly at mbok.

did anyone ever tried that?

i wondered if it might be a good idea or if i rather not should do that...

sorry for this huge text >w<

the n906iu its possible to have it software unlocked and have working 3g phone calls working and there wouldnt be any issues working with a hypersim if its software unlocked and works like a regular phone with the typical docomo restrictions.

For using in germany, I would ask or search on howardforums, there are a few users there

these threads were recent:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1675229-Keitai-users-in-germany?highlight=germany

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1681388-Hypersim-for-Germany?highlight=germany

if you want a software unlocked n906iu or nec in white or pink I would ask zerox678 either on howardforums or private message him here, I think you would get a faster response if you message him on howardforums, but he can typically find any phone in any configuration in china.

The other option is if you are in Japan and can buy an n906iu or n-02a and some n-08a/n09a (depends on build date) is buy it locked and get it software unlocked it costs quite a bit but worth it when you have a phone and the only thing you have to worry about is just normal battery usage.

If you want mms and internet, then you'll need to look for a chinese sharp phone, specifically, the sh9020c/sh9010c/sh1810c which are available in pink/white. And if you need 3g data and usage, then pink wx-t92/wx-t923 or a flashed 920sh/923sh to chinese fw.

I also have a pink p906i...:P

DSCN9683.jpg

Guest dreamymagic

sadly i am not in japan anymore...

was totally annoyed too. since i just used the 740SC there (you cannot really survive without a phone there. funny how i wrote about 400 mails in just 1 month and i won't write this many in 10 month in germany...LOL)

but when i was back in germany, i heard that in akihabara some shops do unlocking service.

however sending my 740SC off now and all this... i dunno really.

i don't like it that much, so i could possibly safe that money and put it into another keitai i really would like to have...

somehow super not my type that phone u_u

then again i often dislike sharp ones...i dunno even now why..../fail

i am picky and probably will go for design after all lol.

thanks for your answer!

i'll check those links now and pm zero! : ]

Guest IonNuke

as far as i understood, those 3 keitais are all needed to be unlocked with hypersim, but that does not mean it would work if the network is wrong~

so i wondered if those 3 actually would work in germany with hypersim+o2 sim card

we have Tmobile in germany too ._.; so if changing would help, i probably would (even though i kind of prefer o2, but i heard 02 might be troublesome...)

In the past I've told all my customers from Germany to avoid using O2 with hypersims and keitais. Especially O2 prepaid cards ;) They epically fail and do not work. I haven't quite figured it out yet. I've run into this problem several years ago with users on the P906i and N906i days~~~ T-Mobile DE works and I've tested that over here (apparently my T-Mo DE sim roamed outside of Germany). Vodafone would work too. Even O2 UK gave me problems.

Archived