Show Off Your Keitai's Thread!

kerpao

ohhh thanks for the reply!

I went to the cell phone mall place in mk right after i posted the msg on the forum :P

I couldn't find the T923 but i did find the 0902 selling at an amazingly expensive price O_o (4000+ for new, 2500+ for used)

But i did find another phone that i liked.. the sharp sh9120c, it was being sold for $2500 new and $1600 used,

I'm debating whether to get the new one or the used one though.. there was one pink used sh9120 that was in good condition (just a few scratches here and there.. but hey.. i think i've done worst damage on my older phones xD)

but firstly..

I can use the sharp sh9120c in Canada right? :3...haha.. just to make sure >.< I don't really trust the sales ppl that much ._.

sh9120c is inferior to the sh0902c in every way. Its cheap b/c its mtk platform and worse screen resolution, features.

I don't understand why so many people on this forum own Keitei's when they don't even live in Japan. Most of the useful functions are rendered useless outside of their country of origin. Perhaps its as you say, these people just want a phone that can make pretty lights on the side?

Haha, I don't understand it either. Especially when they pay $500+ for that phone....

uh actually, with ionnuke, registered99, and I, we pay A LOT less than 500+ for a jphone. the cost of the phones we've paid for is anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 off what a new one would cost or one in good condition. Keep in mind some of these may be in average to like new condition. At the most we use phones for mms only. So having data isnt worth the extra cost on the plan, etc.

I cant be bothered with most local phones. Design is a key problem. Wide, ugly, qwerty, features I DO NOT want on a phone.

And we've got jphones that are fully functional in the US, MMS, GPRS, mp3 ringtones all working. Gotten at really good prices. Its all about knowing where the good deals are and where to get them. Its really not hard at all. Plus where else can I get a 3g working flip phone with a 3.0in+ lcd and unlocked with no issues.

Key point is, its not worth being an early adopter and pay premium. Even when I was an early adaptor and got an sh-06a the month it came out, I got a really good deal on it I paid less than 1/2 of the retail cost and cheaper initial price than yaj.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colloquy

^ You may not pay $500+, but it's evident that some people are willing to pay that price.

I've actually used a Japanese phone in the US, and I quickly found out that I'd much rather have function than design.

yeah, but thats their problem for not looking for good deals. I never pay for full price. Its their or their parents money, Im not stopping people from using their money, its their choice

And functions are good enough, I just need texting and calls and camera usage, anything else is nice, but not really needed. I hate the slab design and qwertys so I refuse to use one

Guest o1honey

sh9120c is inferior to the sh0902c in every way. Its cheap b/c its mtk platform and worse screen resolution, features.

ohhh, yea the s/a told me that the screen resolution is lower than the sh0902c, but unfortunately i don't have the money to blow on a sh0902c so my best choice is the sh9120c.

at least (to me) the sh9120c, is better than most domestic phones :3

Guest IonNuke

I don't understand why so many people on this forum own Keitei's when they don't even live in Japan. Most of the useful functions are rendered useless outside of their country of origin. Perhaps its as you say, these people just want a phone that can make pretty lights on the side?

It's true. I don't live in Japan. I live in Taiwan half the time and it's easier to cross into Japan and visit friends that live there. And while I'm there I can usual the options on the phones and I actually do use all the functions and it benefits me in shaving off time while traveling. As for other people they're probably just enthusiasts or want to make something popular lol and go with the flow~~~~

DCM ID software is really handy.... self checkouts and check-in @ the airport in Japan. No need to wait in and no need to go to the airport early LOL. heh

^ You may not pay $500+, but it's evident that some people are willing to pay that price.

I've actually used a Japanese phone in the US, and I quickly found out that I'd much rather have function than design.

Tis true there is people willing to throw down entire paychecks on mobile phones. But I think it's all preference and how they use it. A lot of the people that throw down 500+ on it only use it to look cool and stand out. They probably can't read Japanese to begin with LOL. As for other phones on the market.... there are none that have some sort of Japanese input system so when I have to SMS and respond to my Japanese friends I'd have to type in really basic English or they may not quite get what i'm saying. But with a Japanese phone I can just write as if I was talking to them and they'd get everything too. Actually the Motorola RAZR2 V9 has a Japanese input but that's only b/c I extracted the firmware out of the Docomo M702iG Motorola phone and compiled it with the RAZR2 V9 firmware and reflashed the phone. I don't like the V9's microwave keypad. So, so much for that option...

If I was trying to look cool, I can't justify $500+ on a telephone where only like 30% of the functions work.

>.< I don't really trust the sales ppl that much ._.

And I don't trust sales people either. I spend a few months googling for web pages and reviews and data spec white paper sheets on specific devices before I go buy it. And then when I go buy it, I usually know more about the products than everyone in the store added together so I trust my own brain.

Guest peppermintsugar

For me, my boyfriend is about to drop about $500+ on the EVO coming out because it does all of this insane mini cooper that I, personally, couldn't care less about, but HE thinks it's a big deal, so whatever.

Other people don't care about recording videos on their phone in 720p (aka me) and want a phone that does the basics and looks really nice. I paid $200 shipped for my keitai and it does everything I want it to do perfectly. Couldn't ask for more, couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Different strokes. With that said, my SH906i works flawlessly, and I've only had to CPR while traveling this past weekend due to long drives in the middle of no where, but aside from that, everything has been perfect.

Guest Kawaii-A*

D: how could you say thattt lol

I can give you 10 reasons at the top of my head as to why I love my f-01b LOL:

1) it's sooo pretty!! where can you find such a nice phone in north america??? (ok i know blackberries/iphones...but..)

2) 12.2 MP CAM LOL. not even cameras in canada are that good! (some anyway)~

3) waterprooofff = love<3

4) it can rotate so you can see yourself when you take pics<3 lmao

5) touch screeen~

6) the background lights are so pretty..so yeah I agree with you ^^

7) you can customize your bg and little character thingy :3

8) there's a pedometer!! XD

9) umum.....the screen is like...3 inches lmao

10) I love keitais and japan <3 hehe

Just because we can't use the internet, etc doesn't make the phone bad~

I choose keitais for their looks and features, and other phones can't seem to compare in those categories.

Guest ranianev

Yeah a lot of the features maybe useless outside of Japan, but we understand those sacrifices and could really care less about them as long as our phones can make calls/texts.

The pretty designs are one of the reasons why we get them of course, really exotic and not as boring looking as the usual phones we get here.

Plus the phones come with big screens that have far better graphics AND cameras that are way advanced, so the phones can be used as great cameras too.

Guest IonNuke

Yeah a lot of the features maybe useless outside of Japan, but we understand those sacrifices and could really care less about them as long as our phones can make calls/texts.

The pretty designs are one of the reasons why we get them of course, really exotic and not as boring looking as the usual phones we get here.

Plus the phones come with big screens that have far better graphics AND cameras that are way advanced, so the phones can be used as great cameras too.

^^^^ and that some of us aren't throwing down 500 for a keitai. We got them for less than that ;)

Guest Kawaii-A*

^^^^ and that some of us aren't throwing down 500 for a keitai. We got them for less than that ;)

I seem to be the exception LOL. however~ even at $600 I think it's worth it :)

Guest colloquy

For me, my boyfriend is about to drop about $500+ on the EVO coming out because it does all of this insane mini cooper that I, personally, couldn't care less about, but HE thinks it's a big deal, so whatever.

Other people don't care about recording videos on their phone in 720p (aka me) and want a phone that does the basics and looks really nice. I paid $200 shipped for my keitai and it does everything I want it to do perfectly. Couldn't ask for more, couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Different strokes. With that said, my SH906i works flawlessly, and I've only had to CPR while traveling this past weekend due to long drives in the middle of no where, but aside from that, everything has been perfect.

Japanese phones do lots of 'insane mini cooper,' and that's why it's so disappointing to go from using a phone that is phenomenal to one that is not. That's their main selling point in Japan. To me, using a 'keitai' in the US was like carrying around a memory of an athletic friend that's been crippled by a terrible accident.

Guest Golden Zeta Gundam

I have 2 J-phones , Softbank 920SC and DoCoMo SH-07A

I love both and would take these over the Iphone any day , yes the internet and what not may not be available

but having a Phone that Flips open and flips to the side to watch some TV or whatnot makes people drop their jaws

sure made some Iphone owners drop their toys and look at mine..

Keitas are being sold in Sydney, alot of stores selling them , I got my SH-07a for $325 AUD

not bad really :D , just hate that my SH-07A doesn't have the Gundam game which the FOMA/Panasonic phones have

Guest IonNuke

The blinky lights on the side is a good thing I think. Since majority of the day my phone is on silent (due to work - technically not even suppose to have our mobiles switched on lol) so the different colored lights indicate which group of people call or SMS me. Without lights I probably wouldn't know who was sending me what and would find out @ the end of the day with a billion messages lol.

Guest peppermintsugar

Japanese phones do lots of 'insane mini cooper,' and that's why it's so disappointing to go from using a phone that is phenomenal to one that is not. That's their main selling point in Japan. To me, using a 'keitai' in the US was like carrying around a memory of an athletic friend that's been crippled by a terrible accident.

Yeah, I just simply don't feel the same at all, haha. Actually, if all of the features like internet and whatnot worked, I would be a lot less inclined to get one. I had a Sidekick for YEARS and was just constantly on AIM, on the internet, browsing the web. . .like, my phone would not ever leave my hand. It was annoying, and I personally never want to deal with that ever again. Aesthetics > features for me.

Guest IonNuke

yeah I can see my phone blink from my bed I dont have to get up to check since i can see a blinking LED lol

.................lazy bum.

Yeah, I just simply don't feel the same at all, haha. Actually, if all of the features like internet and whatnot worked, I would be a lot less inclined to get one. I had a Sidekick for YEARS and was just constantly on AIM, on the internet, browsing the web. . .like, my phone would not ever leave my hand. It was annoying, and I personally never want to deal with that ever again. Aesthetics > features for me.

Aesthetics is rather nice.

But I just take Aesthetics + Features..... LOL.. Somewhere in the middle i'll figure it out.

yeah thats why you have a t923 and why I still keep my 903sh and sh9010c. Now ideally I'd get one in the middle and get a t930 or sh1810c. I just hope it has better reception than the sh9010c. But n-02a soft unlocked when I get it back would be prefect, 3.2in+ flip phone, working 3g, and decent 5mp.

Guest IonNuke

The reminds me.... I gotta start using the N-02A again. I forgot all about it. It sits in my ghetto SoftBank converted to Docomo box.

Hi guys, I'm heading to HK this summer and I've been debating on whether to get a ketai or not for years and I've finally decided on purchasing one. I'm in the dark about what'll work considering I live in Canada but I'm willing to lose some of the functions like internet since I never do anything more than call and text with my current one anyways. I've been looking at the new lineups but recommendations would be great.

Guest IonNuke

Go to Sintat. And if you can speak cantonese.... good. If you can't... bring a friend that can or you'll be ripped off completely.

Archived