Show Off Your Keitai's Thread!

kerpao

Guest mao_chow

I've been looking around the thread and want some advice, because honestly this stuff is all a bit confusing to me.

so this is mainly @IONNUKE since you know your stuff, or anyone who is willing to help.

So, right now I have AT&T but I'll be switching over to T-Mobile most likely.

There are two phones I am eye-ing on ebay:

A DoCoMo P-07A SH-03A

or the DoCoMo P906i SH906i.

In the listing it doesn't state that it's unlocked...does that mean I can't use it here in Cali?

Or if I buy a hypersim would that work?

here's the link to the first one I'm looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

any help would be much, much appreciated.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peppermintsugar

I've been looking around the thread and want some advice, because honestly this stuff is all a bit confusing to me.

so this is mainly @IONNUKE since you know your stuff, or anyone who is willing to help.

A DoCoMo P-07A SH-03A

In the listing it doesn't state that it's unlocked...does that mean I can't use it here in Cali?

Unlocked means you don't need a HyperSIM, anything else means you need one. Sometime people list auctions as unlocked but then say you need a HyperSIM. . .I chalk this up to not knowing what they're talking about.

I just asked a few posts back if there were two different types of unlocking -- one to make it HyperSIM compatible and one to make it not need HyperSIM's at all, and the answer is no. If you need a HyperSIM, the phone is locked.

Guest IonNuke

hypersim just "unlocks" the handset so they can list it as unlocked for that reason.

It's just marketing tactics and different ways of interpreting something. It is what it is.

A DoCoMo P-07A SH-03A

I would recomend buying off zerox

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1635733

but he doesnt have a white one if you are looking for it

Guest ranianev

Hey everyone, I'm really new to the keitai business, and I'm wondering how much the Docomo SH-03A should cost on ebay??

I saw a listing for $249 but the plastic tray for the sim card is broken. Is that a big deal? I know I have to be careful with the HyperSim. Thanks :D

Hey everyone, I'm really new to the keitai business, and I'm wondering how much the Docomo SH-03A should cost on ebay??

I saw a listing for $249 but the plastic tray for the sim card is broken. Is that a big deal? I know I have to be careful with the HyperSim. Thanks :D

i heard from another user that it was pretty easy to put the sim card in with out a tray with hypersim

Guest ranianev

I don't think the plastic tray coming off is a problem. Even if you remove it, you can put it back anyway.

i heard from another user that it was pretty easy to put the sim card in with out a tray with hypersim

Ok thanks!!! Now I have to save up :wacko:

Guest deeism

hey. so today i came home to charge my sh03a, and it's not charging! it worked perfectly fine last time i charged it, but i cant figure out what's wrong. it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with my charger, but i can't really tell anyways.... and i dont know what to do now :S

@ranianev: i broke my tray as well, but it slides in perfectly fine.

Guest untilthatday

anybody in the UK using a keitai? (please help)

i really want a P906i but im not going to buy it and a hypersim until im sure both will work with an o2 sim. thanks!

Guest zerox678

A DoCoMo P-07A SH-03A

PM me for a Price for each phone.... Its definitely lower than fleabay

Guest IonNuke

^ i dont own a dock. and i live in a city of blackberries and iphones, so unfortunately, no one else does. : (

i live in the city of iphones, blackberries, and sidekicks.... and maybe some razrs but I'm toting JP phones all day long ;) you're not alone.

Guest deeism

i live in the city of iphones, blackberries, and sidekicks.... and maybe some razrs but I'm toting JP phones all day long ;) you're not alone.

i guess that's also a plus since no one else has the as similar phone!

im giving up on keitais for now.. until i reach hk : P

edit.

so i just started using the lg lollipop and GUESS WHAT! my sh03a works now. ughughughughughguhguhdskfjghldfg

Guest IonNuke

Ordered a brand new Vodafone Sharp 904SH the other day. Pics to come when the unit arrives..... today lol.

Archived