12 hours ago, QSD said:

OK not done with QSD yet…  after DM announced her royal wedding with Bidam, Bidam gives Yushin his book.  What is the book about? 

I remember it's the book Muno gave BD before he died... it assisted the process of Three Kingdoms reunion. 

BD used to fight hard for that book, but how easy it was for him to give up that big dream and gave it to YS (his no. 1 competitor) after DM agreed to marry him. I found him pitiful sometimes. He was so painfully different with his mom: MS captured ppl's hearts to attain what she wanted (Silla), but BD fought for Silla only to have DM look at him as a man. 

Recently, I have listened to this song repeatedly, and now I think it somehow tells BD's feelings

Spoiler

This is a remix ver of an original song, but this ver is more interesting to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, Bidam is the opposite of Mishil’s love for Shilla.  In his world, there’s only Deokman.  He’s madly in love with her.

The lyrics of the song do sound like him.  The moment when DM deceiving him about the solar eclipse, his heart following her to the end.  She’s someone he had never met before.  He’s amazed that she could trick him.  He’s funny at the execution scene when Deokman makes an appearance.

On 3/14/2018 at 8:34 PM, vaiduakhu said:

BD used to fight hard for that book, but how easy it was for him to give up that big dream and gave it to YS (his no. 1 competitor) after DM agreed to marry him. I found him pitiful sometimes. He was so painfully different with his mom: MS captured ppl's hearts to attain what she wanted (Silla), but BD fought for Silla only to have DM look at him as a man. 

I always wonder whatever happened to this book. Why didn't Yushin said anything to help Bidam during the time that he was being framed up. But I guess that was just the writers way to make Bidam rebel.

Yeah Bidam's love was that... Deokman became his world and became his only source of happiness, so I guess it was just really tragic love for him from the start. Depending your happiness on having someone's love doesn't always guarantee happiness.

I always feel that Emperor Togon from Empress Ki was a bi similar to Bidam, that I cannot help but think that if Bidam became a king and got Deokman, it will end up still painful for him because of his insecurity.

Yeah I was curious about that too. I never re-watched that part of Yushin and Wolya's talk so I don't know. The only thing I know was that Yushin told him "what your grandfather and my grandfather failed to do, let's make it come true". And the Bokya hated Yushin's family for betraying them.

On 17/03/2018 at 12:07 PM, QSD said:

@bluebelle05 

If you’re re-watching QSD, can you find out why Wolya is the last prince of Gaya when Yushin’s grandfather was a royal himself, according to Yanki?  Thanks.

20 hours ago, yanki said:

Yeah I was curious about that too. I never re-watched that part of Yushin and Wolya's talk so I don't know. The only thing I know was that Yushin told him "what your grandfather and my grandfather failed to do, let's make it come true". And the Bokya hated Yushin's family for betraying them.

@QSD @yanki

So after a bit of research, it turns out Gaya was a confederacy. The confederation consisted of six tribes/kingdoms (Geumgwan Gaya, Daegaya, Seongsan Gaya, Ara Gaya, Goryeong Gaya, and Sogaya)

Kim Yushin was from Geumgwan Gaya. His great-grandfather is Guhyeong (also called Guhae- the last ruler of Geumgwan Gaya) Faced with an onslaught of Silla forces, King Guhyeong chose to surrender freely, and brought his family and his treasures to Silla. He was received with ceremony and his family were admitted to the second-highest rank of the Silla bone rank system, the "true bone." The king was given the rank of Sangdaedeung (Bidam/Alcheon's post). Kim Guhyeong/Guhae -> Kim Muduk/Muryeok (3rd Son) -> Kim Seohyeon (2nd Son) -> Kim Yushin  

Wolya is from Daegaya. He's the eldest son of Crown Prince Wolgwang. These are from Episode 26:

The six kings of the six Gaya Kingdoms refused to cooperate. Even after Gaya fell, Geumgwan Gaya, Daegaya refugees fought amongst themselves. - Yushin

You Geumgwan Gaya rolled over for Silla while we Daegaya fought to the last man. - Seolji

I'm the last heir of Daegaya, Crown Prince Wolgwang's eldest son, Wolya. - Wolya

I'm buying your allegiance. What your father, Wolgwang of Daegaya and Guhae, the last king of Geumgwan Gaya couldn't do, we can do here today. - Yushin

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Guhae+of+Geumgwan+Gaya&item_type=topic

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Gim+Mu-ryeok&uid=1575

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Kim+Yu-sin&item_type=topic

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Gaya+confederacy&item_type=topic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaya_confederacy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/03/2018 at 10:01 AM, vaiduakhu said:

I think in other dramas, this happens too: the heroin and hero hated each other nut yesterday, and in the morning, they wake up finding they are madly in love with each other. Yudoek romance is kinda expected, it's typical Kromance theme. When I watched them bickering, irritating each other in DM's nangdo time, I foresaw there would be a romance line b/w them. 

The classic fought-like-cats-and-dogs type of relationship where they can't stand each other but eventually fall in love with each other  like in BOF, Reply 1997/1994,etc

On 13/03/2018 at 11:48 AM, QSD said:

Her first love isn’t an issue nor related. 

i mean not LYW's but kim rae won's. I heard after his interview it became an issue, netizens criticised him for giving out lots of clues pertaining to his first love.

On 13/03/2018 at 12:19 PM, QSD said:

Cell Bloom is opening a duty-free shop today at 2 PM local time in Shinsegae department store.  The queen will be there.

@QSD are you from korea? i'm amazed coz you are always updated.

On 14/03/2018 at 8:34 PM, vaiduakhu said:

I remember it's the book Muno gave BD before he died... it assisted the process of Three Kingdoms reunion. 

Those books were map compilations (very detailed with roads,mountains,rivers and all) of the three kingdoms (Episode 58). It could be  very helpful for creating military strategies.

On 16/03/2018 at 7:50 PM, yanki said:

I always wonder whatever happened to this book. Why didn't Yushin said anything to help Bidam during the time that he was being framed up. But I guess that was just the writers way to make Bidam rebel.

Yeah Bidam's love was that... Deokman became his world and became his only source of happiness, so I guess it was just really tragic love for him from the start. Depending your happiness on having someone's love doesn't always guarantee happiness.

I always feel that Emperor Togon from Empress Ki was a bi similar to Bidam, that I cannot help but think that if Bidam became a king and got Deokman, it will end up still painful for him because of his insecurity.

I think we could just assume that Yushin made the most out of those books and it helped them a lot in the unification, he must be really geeked out after receiving those being a military man himself.

There was nothing YS could do to save BD. Before they found out about Yeomjong's schemes, QSD (pressured by her ministers and fully believing BD's betrayal) already removed BD from his post, declared him an enemy of state and ordered his execution.  And though it was as a misunderstanding due to YJ's schemes (and partly Chunchu helped in cultivating doubt in BD's mind) the truth still remains that BD joined his supporters and instigated a rebellion therefore committing a mortal sin.

Well of course QSD can rescind the royal command if he surrenders (but i doubt the people and the nobles would let BD live even after surrendering) alas he didn't surrender but instead killed countless of soldiers (naturally they would think he's there to kill the Queen) just so he could go near QSD and call her "Deokman". What was the writer even thinking? I mean even if BD successfully call her "Deokman", he will have another crime under his name. Could he just maybe surrender (even if he'll be sentenced to die later on) so he could find a way to explain the misunderstanding to QSD? Asking for an audience might be impossible but he could still try or maybe explain it in a letter and then call her "Deokman" later on when there's just the two of them lol but they have to make it dramatic for the ratings so i guess BD will have to die the painful way. Even so, if QSD rescinds the royal command she could potentially lose the support and respect of her court and the people. There was really no way out for BD.

Empress Ki also made my heart ache, I'm a WangNyang shipper. I adore TalTal (he's like Empress Ki's version of Alcheon). And I agree, Togon was just like Bidam in his devotion for one woman but he 's a bit fortunate i think coz at least he became an emperor and he had Seung-nyang by his side (tho it's unclear whether she came to love him or not)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bluebelle05 said:

@QSD @yanki

So after a bit of research, it turns out Gaya was a confederacy. The confederation consisted of six tribes/kingdoms (Geumgwan Gaya, Daegaya, Seongsan Gaya, Ara Gaya, Goryeong Gaya, and Sogaya)

Kim Yushin was from Geumgwan Gaya. His great-grandfather is Guhyeong (also called Guhae- the last ruler of Geumgwan Gaya) Faced with an onslaught of Silla forces, King Guhyeong chose to surrender freely, and brought his family and his treasures to Silla. He was received with ceremony and his family were admitted to the second-highest rank of the Silla bone rank system, the "true bone." The king was given the rank of Sangdaedeung (Bidam/Alcheon's post). Kim Guhyeong/Guhae -> Kim Muduk/Muryeok (3rd Son) -> Kim Seohyeon (2nd Son) -> Kim Yushin  

Wolya is from Daegaya. He's the eldest son of Crown Prince Wolgwang. These are from Episode 26:

The six kings of the six Gaya Kingdoms refused to cooperate. Even after Gaya fell, Geumgwan Gaya, Daegaya refugees fought amongst themselves. - Yushin

You Geumgwan Gaya rolled over for Silla while we Daegaya fought to the last man. - Seolji

I'm the last heir of Daegaya, Crown Prince Wolgwang's eldest son, Wolya. - Wolya

I'm buying your allegiance. What your father, Wolgwang of Daegaya and Guhae, the last king of Geumgwan Gaya couldn't do, we can do here today. - Yushin

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Guhae+of+Geumgwan+Gaya&item_type=topic

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Gim+Mu-ryeok&uid=1575

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Kim+Yu-sin&item_type=topic

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Gaya+confederacy&item_type=topic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaya_confederacy

Nice findings.  Great job!

14 hours ago, bluebelle05 said:

@QSD are you from korea? i'm amazed coz you are always updated.

No, basically I live on google translation.  I dig anywhere I could find for her news and then go from there.

18 hours ago, bluebelle05 said:

i mean not LYW's but kim rae won's. I heard after his interview it became an issue, netizens criticised him for giving out lots of clues pertaining to his first love.

Man, I still feel amused at Kim Rae Won's story. He really jumped into Han River after breaking up with her? then, why broke up though? she initiated it?  *"Cold water" song is playing* :lol:

Although thank to his story, we fan know a bit abt LYW's private life, it's a bit too personal to talk abt on broadcast without other party's consent, isn't it? 

18 hours ago, bluebelle05 said:

There was nothing YS could do to save BD. Before they found out about Yeomjong's schemes, QSD (pressured by her ministers and fully believing BD's betrayal) already removed BD from his post, declared him an enemy of state and ordered his execution.  And though it was as a misunderstanding due to YJ's schemes (and partly Chunchu helped in cultivating doubt in BD's mind) the truth still remains that BD joined his supporters and instigated a rebellion therefore committing a mortal sin.

Well of course QSD can rescind the royal command if he surrenders (but i doubt the people and the nobles would let BD live even after surrendering) alas he didn't surrender but instead killed countless of soldiers (naturally they would think he's there to kill the Queen) just so he could go near QSD and call her "Deokman". What was the writer even thinking? I mean even if BD successfully call her "Deokman", he will have another crime under his name. Could he just maybe surrender (even if he'll be sentenced to die later on) so he could find a way to explain the misunderstanding to QSD? Asking for an audience might be impossible but he could still try or maybe explain it in a letter and then call her "Deokman" later on when there's just the two of them lol but they have to make it dramatic for the ratings so i guess BD will have to die the painful way. Even so, if QSD rescinds the royal command she could potentially lose the support and respect of her court and the people. There was really no way out for BD.

Yeah, it's indeed no way to rescue BD in that situation. When he had slight thought of rebel, the result was either "win" or "die", nothing in between. 

I think, although BD was "shameless" in love, he was still a prideful man. He could run away for his life as suggested by his subordinate, but he turned himself in that way, rather than surrendered or other secret ways (sending letter, or help from YS, Alcheon). I also think it's the last thing he could do for DM. As the leader of rebellious force, he fought till the very end (in a battle he knew he couldn't win), and DM's ppl (YS) could kill him, then she declared the victory  in front of her soldiers. It reinforced soldier's loyalty to her and lifted up their spirits for later goal (Three Kingdoms reunion). In war, killing the enemy's leader has great meaning to end the war. Besides, although DM was very clear abt killing BD and his ppl, her ppl would be more or less doubtful abt it because of her personal relationship with BD. So, witnessing her determination to kill him and his decease by their own eyes cleared all their doubts. 

Besides political meaning, it was personal for him too: to prove that he had never meant any harm to her (his action showed otherwise though), and make his last image memorable to her, like "DM ah, I'm not the coward, I stand tall and fight hard till the every end for you. Everything I do, I do it for you... to make you feel my love." (God, I cringed hard at my own imaginary cheesy words :tongue:)

3 hours ago, QSD said:

New pics releasing by A.Testoni today.  It’s for golf wear this time.

Oh, I remember LYW also did golf wear endorsement for JDX before, with actor Cha Seung Won. 

562360_632606856783128_1112480338_n.jpg

Kinda prefer JDX's photos over A.Testoni's :) 

• Like 2

Forgive us for talking about your first love, Your Majesty.  Just know that we love you.  Saranghaeyo!

Reading his confession describing in details about the breakup, I’ll say it’s her who dumping him which led him jumping in the river for a cold bath.  I couldn’t believe he even got to talk with her for the first time in 11 years.  Not sure it’s really her though.  Sounds like a movie.

The JDX’s design looks more appealing, indeed.  Comparing the spring collection of the JDX one on the top to the bottom for A.Testoni, you can see noticeable difference.

uc?export=view&id=0B5qUWbYvtcb8NDVhT2c3S%25EC%2595%2584%25ED%2585%258C%25EC%258A

• Like 2

On 3/18/2018 at 5:20 PM, bluebelle05 said:

Oh, it makes more sense now so that's why. Thanks!

Spoiler

I was surprised when I saw that article too, I never thought that there was a story like that about him. But even though it sounds romantic I also think he shouldn't have given so many clues, all of the clues were pointing at her. At that time I wondered why he did that... she's already married, not sure how I will feel if I were LYW's husband.

On 3/19/2018 at 12:27 PM, vaiduakhu said:

There was nothing YS could do to save BD. Before they found out about Yeomjong's schemes, QSD (pressured by her ministers and fully believing BD's betrayal) already removed BD from his post, declared him an enemy of state and ordered his execution.

No I was talking about the time before Bidam started to join the rebels. He was being framed up by his followers and then he asked Yushin to lend him soldiers so he can attack the rebel's base. In front of Kim Chunchu and the QSD and the rest of her officials, he could've said something. They didn't show us the soldiers as well just Bidam alone going on the rebel's base.

On 3/19/2018 at 12:27 PM, vaiduakhu said:

Well of course QSD can rescind the royal command if he surrenders (but i doubt the people and the nobles would let BD live even after surrendering) alas he didn't surrender but instead killed countless of soldiers (naturally they would think he's there to kill the Queen) just so he could go near QSD and call her "Deokman".

This is one of my problem with the ending, I like the ending but I honestly wish that they at least let the viewers know what Bidam really wanted to say to the Queen at that time because I honestly doubt he went there just to say Deokman, maybe there is more but they left it open for interpretation. In this way I feel sorry for Bidam, because he died without being able to deliver his message. QSD understand him though she may not know what he really wanted to say at least she know that he didn't betrayed her love. But Bidam died full of regrets and without even given a chance to have a peace of mind.

Lol We actually talked about the ending before and like Vaidakhu, I also thought at that time Bidam choose death instead of escaping and hide somewhere, he know he will die by trying to get near that the Queen but he still went anyways so instead of living somewhere far from Deokman he choose to spend his remaining time trying to get near her.

He could've surrendered but if he surrendered he will not have any chance to talk to the Queen except in front of everyone where she might announce his punishment. And if she did secretly talk to her, then it might cause her trouble again even after he died, people might use it to criticize her.. (and once again become a reason for her problem) so he did that instead since he didn't kn that QSD was ill, if he succeed then good, if not.. it will still be of use for her.

No matter what, it will not change the fact that he betrayed Silla and made their people fight and kill each other and he went there without any plan to deny it or explain himself to anyone except her.

But in the end he died without even a peace of mind. I remember during KNG's speech he also said the same thing.

• Like 2

On 19/03/2018 at 12:27 PM, vaiduakhu said:

Man, I still feel amused at Kim Rae Won's story. He really jumped into Han River after breaking up with her? then, why broke up though? she initiated it?  *"Cold water" song is playing* :lol:

Although thank to his story, we fan know a bit abt LYW's private life, it's a bit too personal to talk abt on broadcast without other party's consent, isn't it? 

10 hours ago, QSD said:

Reading his confession describing in details about the breakup, I’ll say it’s her who dumping him which led him jumping in the river for a cold bath.  I couldn’t believe he even got to talk with her for the first time in 11 years.  Not sure it’s really her though.  Sounds like a movie.

2 hours ago, yanki said:

I was surprised when I saw that article too, I never thought that there was a story like that about him. But even though it sounds romantic I also think he shouldn't have given so many clues, all of the clues were pointing at her. At that time I wondered why he did that... she's already married, not sure how I will feel if I were LYW's husband.

I agree it's too personal. I know its his story to tell but  he should at least refrained himself from giving out too many clues. LYW or not, that was def not a gentleman's move knowing his first love is already married and they run in the same industry. It's worse if it's really LYW coz I'm pretty sure he knows (well the whole industry knows) how protective she is of her private life.

2 hours ago, yanki said:

No I was talking about the time before Bidam started to join the rebels. He was being framed up by his followers and then he asked Yushin to lend him soldiers so he can attack the rebel's base. In front of Kim Chunchu and the QSD and the rest of her officials, he could've said something. They didn't show us the soldiers as well just Bidam alone going on the rebel's base.

As far as I know (hehehe i haven't rewatched QSD in full yet) QSD and her inner circle including Chunchu know BD was innocent that's why QSD told him to control/take care of his followers before they become more problematic. I think he borrowed soldiers from YS to attack YJ right? but then before he can even execute his plan, the whole boat-with-no-people-on-board and Chunchu's assassination attempt happened (the latter was the last straw that broke QSD's patience), the royal court had an upheaval, QSD ordered Chunchu's uncle to thoroughly investigate the case and kill those who made an attempt in CC's life. QSD and BD had a talk and she still believed in his innocence but she knows his followers were all behind those schemes. She knows there is no way BD will not be implicated it's his followers after all so she told BD to get out of the capital first, she'll resolve the problems then call him back afterwards.

QSD,CC,YS and Alcheon knows it's not BD that caused those problems but his followers. They believed him but will the other nobles specially those on CC's side believe him as well? Those ministers have their own agendas as well. It's their chance to finally get rid of BD and clear CC's path to the throne. QSD/YS/AL can defend him all they want but without solid proof of his innocence (IMO the message in the fan with BD's name & Qing's letter ruined his chances) BD's hands are tied up.  

*sorry if my English is bad/hard to understand, i'm not a native speaker :D

• Like 3

17 hours ago, yanki said:

Reveal hidden contents

If I were her hubby, I would be super proud! "My wife is a hot heart-breaker. Whatever, she's mine now... I'm a lucky man" :lol: jk. Everyone has love history, he understands it, I think. 

Wonder how KRW feels after "she" (pretty much conclude it's LYW) broke up with him, she got married soon after that and cut all ties with him (they haven't met or talked to each other since then). If I were him, I would jump into any river for real, to be honest! it hurts for sure... 

Btw, LYW has never officially showed her kids to the public, right? I'm curious how her kids look like now? other celebrities may show their kids on magazines, but knowing LYW, I better should never dream of it. 

PS: is it ok if we "gossip" abt LYW's private life here, lol... talking abt her works is pretty ok, but abt her private life, I'm not sure... not that we have much info to talk.

• LOL 1

You chingu remember a lot of things in QSD.  I forgot the whole storyline why CC checking on the boat for, is it something about the Qing’s envoy?  Also, I don’t recall BD asking for YS’s soldiers to help him either.  Aigoo… I need a re-watch!

Talking about DM sending BD away from the capital so she can resolve all the problems without getting him implicated, I love that ring scene.  It’s like an engagement for them, but a tragic one.

I don’t think it’s a problem to talk about her private life here, not that we know a lot about her.  However, to respect for her privacy, I certainly don’t want to dwell into too much on it either.  With that said, I still would love to see her family photos if someone like her bodyguard Alcheon who “accidently” posted online for us to marvel.  Vaiduakhu, maybe you can lure Erin to post one for us