Time really flies… it’s a year since her last series.  We all really miss Yowon very much.  Can’t wait to hear what’s her next project would be.  Ohh… Your Majesty please give us fans a big break by announcing your next drama/film soon!!!

You’re very welcome for the clip.  I still haven’t found some R & B songs for the photoshoots yet.

haa.. yeah i hope there will be a Bomb soon, Yowon suddenly announces her new drama..hoho. can't wait !

err.. the song?

try some from Usher, or Britney Spears? hehehe...

I am glad there are a lot of people now who defend LYW. Check out these links:

Lee Yo-won and Lee Dong-wook in The Recipe

Lee Yo-won doubles her filming workload

The Recipe (2010-Korean Movie)

I don't know about "Potrait of Beauty" Ninimi, is that a Korean drama too?

Yeah, last year MBC got a huge achievement because of QSD. Hope this year LYW will be invited to participate as a special guest in award ceremonies so we could see her too.

Same here tatadede, hope the two countries will be in peace with each other soon.

QSD, I guess the whole kingdom is waiting...lol! Mmmm... I think our Queen is still enjoying her break.

yeah, nice to know that more people defend our Queen, she deserved it, she was underrated for a long time, and now is the time to show how great she is...

Potrait of Beauty is a Korean Movie, played by Kim Nam Gil and Kim Min Sun,

Min Sun was together with Yowon in AFRIKA, while KNG in Queen Seon Deok, there's bed scene/ hot scene between KNG and KMS, that was used by some fans to make Bideok Scene on their own fantasy..LOL

yeah i hope Yowon will attend the MBC Drama Award this year, usually the winners of previous year will be the presenter of the nominees they won last year.

OK , what photoshoot QSD? post here soon.... :)

just a little info from LSH's interview in Japan, said about Lee Yo Won.

this is the video cut : VIDEO

this is the translation :

Y : How did you spend your time with Um Taewung and Kim Namgil during break between shootings?

S : Taewung loved taking pictures and Namgil enjoyed romping around like a little kid and did things like playing with bugs. I enjoyed playing like that, too. We had fun.

Y : What about Lee Yowon?

S : We're the same age. In Korea, if you're the same age, it's easy to become friends. I think that's why we became friends so quickly..

Y : So, you got close to each other. What did you two talk about?

S : Actually, she's like a guy. Anjumma? (laugh) Oh, I'm not supposed to say this? Please cut this part. I mean, I feel comfortable about her like that. Actually, she's an Ajummma, a married woman.

Y : I'm an Ajumma, too. You can call me Yumi Ajumma. I'm okay with that.

S : I'll call you Yumi Nuna.

this is the caps when LSH can't bear laughing, saying Yowon is Anhjuma... LOL

first is serious

1-12.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-5.jpg

Ahnjuma .. :lol:

5-5.jpg

6-4.jpg

ohh please cut this part ! LOL

7-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

is that really fun to laugh at Her Majesty, Alcheon Rang? :rolleyes:

10-4.jpg

Y : How did you spend your time with Um Taewung and Kim Namgil during break between shootings?

S : Taewung loved taking pictures and Namgil enjoyed romping around like a little kid  and did things like playing with bugs. I enjoyed playing like that, too. We had fun.

Y  : What about Lee Yowon?

S : We're the same age. In Korea, if you're the same age, it's easy to become friends. I think that's why we became friends so quickly..

S : Actually, she's like a guy. Anjumma? (laugh) Oh, I'm not supposed to say this? Please cut this part.  I mean, I feel comfortable about her like that. Actually, she's an Ajummma, a married woman.

first is serious

Ahnjuma ..  :lol:

is that really fun to laugh at Her Majesty, Alcheon Rang?  :rolleyes:

The photoshoots are for CC club endorsements in 2006.  I’ll post soon once I got the songs.  I’m working on some other clip right now.  I tried to add subtitle for the first time but it didn’t work yet.  Hope my head can figure it out somehow.

Thanks for the video and its translation!  The co-stars can get along easily with our queen.  Her Majesty is very friendly and not a dictator.

Yeah phetbeo and QSD, you're welcome.

oiah, video and screen caps credit to candychen

translation credit to Lee Seung Hyo's blog

yeah really funny, LSH said Yowon was like a guy, she's so boyish of course !!

and that Anjuma thing, i thought Yowon is still fine to be called "Onnie" than Ahnjuma, even her marriage status automatically makes her as Ahnjuma... :D

good QSD, keep working ! LOL

we're just waiting :lol:

yupp. Yowon is not dictator, she can get along with anybody around her.

i just realize that this happened just after she got married.

before got married it said she used to be not as nice as today, she can't get along with the crew and other casts. interview is someting suck to her.

i think this article have ever posted here?

and the crew in Fashion 70s were so surprised seeing her, they said, Yowon really changed.. :)

i also ever heard that she avoid beeing too close to male cast, becoz didn't wanna be trapped in love affair. yeah that's all before marriage.

But now we can see she really get along with the male stars, Joo Jin Moo, Lee Bum Soo, Kwon Sang Woo, Uhm Tae Wong, Kim Nam Gil, Lee Seung Hyo :)

I’m not sure it was posted before but I think I have read that article somewhere.  Before she got married, she was very tired and didn’t want to be interviewed, and people mistaking her as not nice.  Then after she had a family and came back, she felt she has more energy and talks to her co-star and the crew more.

The reason she avoided her male cast I think she didn’t want any rumors and maybe her husband-to-be was also very jealous at the time.  They were dating for more than one year before marriage.  Since then he also changes and understanding of his wife.  So she’s more comfortable with her male co-star now.

@nikachan: "Portrait of Beauty" is a movie of Kim Nam Gil :)

I see. Thanks.

S : Taewung loved taking pictures and Namgil enjoyed romping around like a little kid and did things like playing with bugs. I enjoyed playing like that, too. We had fun.

Y : What about Lee Yowon?

S : Actually, she's like a guy. Anjumma? (laugh) Oh, I'm not supposed to say this? Please cut this part. I mean, I feel comfortable about her like that. Actually, she's an Ajummma, a married woman.

first is serious

1-12.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-5.jpg

Ahnjuma .. :lol:

5-5.jpg

6-4.jpg

7-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

is that really fun to laugh at Her Majesty, Alcheon Rang? :rolleyes:

10-4.jpg

LSH must really feel so comfortable with LYW that he can make a joke like that. He can't call the interviewer Ajumma because he's not familiar with her. LYW must be so kind & friendly with LSH.

I’m not sure it was posted before but I think I have read that article somewhere.  Before she got married, she was very tired and didn’t want to be interviewed, and people mistaking her as not nice.  Then after she had a family and came back, she felt she has more energy and talks to her co-star and the crew more.

The reason she avoided her male cast I think she didn’t want any rumors and maybe her husband-to-be was also very jealous at the time.  They were dating for more than one year before marriage.  Since then he also changes and understanding of his wife.  So she’s more comfortable with her male co-star now.

I think she was & is always careful not to stir any scandal. Besides the husband, her grandpa was so against her becoming a celebrity, I guess she didn't want to disappoint him & so she tried to keep a clean image. Just my thoughts.

I see. Thanks.

LSH must really feel so comfortable with LYW  that he can make a joke like that. He can't call the interviewer Ajumma because he's not familiar with her. LYW must be so kind & friendly with LSH.

I think she was & is always careful not to stir any scandal. Besides the husband, her grandpa was so against her becoming a celebrity, I guess she didn't want to disappoint him & so she tried to keep a clean image. Just my thoughts.

Her grandpa must be very proud of her both achievements and good image till today, since she doesn’t let money and fame to change her differently from leading the normal life that her grandpa wants her to.  Thank you so much grandpa for having no more objections to Her Highness to still performs today.

a fan from Philippines came topic Lee at Viet Nam anh wrote

Hello!! Amethyst

Nice to meet you. I see you who updates many pictures in everyday.

I follow about new pictures ,new clips, news. Lee Yo WOn, she's so CUTE ^^

and you make its in everyday.

Thank you for everything that you're making !!!

I adore you. You made me to come in this webboard in everyday ^^.

I hope that you will not bore with what you are doing now.

I'm very happy when I see Lee Yo Won's face. I think she may ever come in this board and may see your post because many picture (a lot) are linked to this board.

You are come from philippines ?

Nice to meet you.

I encourage you. Everything that you make it , it's value!

and THANK YOU VERY MUCH ^^

FC-- LEE YO WON ^0^

ohh i will post again, so those who haven't read will read it.

yeah i think her husband-to-be was jealous at that time, but also maybe she herself didn't want it too.

i think she has no interest to get married with person with the sama occupation, actors or celebrity, if she did so, i think she can't ever hide her private live as she does now if her husband is a star too.

yepp, after marriage i think her husband has more faith that her pretty wife will not trapped in love affair no matter how handsome the co-star is.. :lol:

so he just keeps believing that Yowon only loves him as her husband, one of the luckiest guy in the world... :D

I see. Thanks.

LSH must really feel so comfortable with LYW that he can make a joke like that. He can't call the interviewer Ajumma because he's not familiar with her. LYW must be so kind & friendly with LSH.

yeah must be so close,, that LSH also dares to upload The Princess photo on twitter.. LOL

yupp, i love LYW with her clean image..

ohh i will post again, so those who haven't read will read it.

yeah must be so close,, that LSH also dares to upload The Princess photo on twitter.. LOL

yupp, i love LYW with her clean image..

Yes, go ahead and post the article. 

We'll never forget her royal guard did that to her princess.  hah...

The queen is a great granddaughter so she wouldn’t ruin her image to disappoint her grandpa.

ohh phetbeo, fans from philipine also join veitnam forum, good.. :)

yupp, QSD, we will never forget the very kind of Alcheon Rang to post the most curious thing about Her Majesty.. big thanks for him !! :P

oke this is the article :

LEE YO-WON TALKS 광식이 동생 광태 (WHEN ROMANCE MEETS DESTINY)

Sometimes a little rest is all it takes, ask Lee Yo-Won.

It was just around 2003, when the young star announced her marriage with a pro-golfer, and her temporary retirement from the entertainment scene. People were surprised, both because of her marriage at an early age, but particularly because she got out of the limelight right as she was starting to climb the ladder in Chungmuro. Starting as a model in the late 90s, she debuted on TV at the age of 18. But it wasn't until 1999 and the huge success of 주유소 습격사건 (Attack The Gas Station) that she started getting recognized by the public. And when she played a young woman in love with a married man in 푸른 안개 (Blue Mist) -- directed by Pyo Min-Soo and written by the great Noh Hee-Kyung -- some eyebrows were raised: can this pretty face really act, too?

All it took to prove that was Jung Jae-Eun's delightful debut 고양이를 부탁해 (Take Care of My Cat), still one of the most beloved Korean films overseas, achieving cult status at home. Next to another up and coming young star, a certain Bae Doo-Na, she played the posh city girl who quickly realizes how vapid and superficial her 'world' has become. But with the exception of Choi Wan-Gyu's fantastic Historical Drama 대망 (The Great Ambition), she mostly focused on her film career, with star vehicles that didn't take advantage of her acting talent, and didn't make that much money either. With a growing number of 'Anti-sites' building on the net, with people questioning her acting skills, she seemed to be left out of the growing popularity of Chungmuro and the Korean Wave. So she packed up her bags, left for the US, and spent two years there. Doing what, studying, honing her skills? No, just resting. Imagine that, a normal married life...

Fast forward two years, and here we are. The success of her latest Drama 패션70s (Fashion Seventies) was followed by a great opening weekend for her first film in three years, the romantic comedy 광식이 동생 광태 (When Romance Meets Destiny). She's getting more offers now, to be a lead, mostly because something changed. She gained a little weight, she looks fresh and well rested, confident in her abilities as an actress, but most importantly, she's matured. Be it because of marriage, or simply sitting down and reflecting on your past, without worrying about where your next fat paycheck will come from, but she looks like a new person. Her acting has improved by leaps and bounds, too. In 'Fashion Seventies' she more or less reprised her 'innocent girl' role, but she did so with a touch of realism, of maturity, of sincerity that you couldn't find on similar roles she did in the past.

Lee Yo-Won sat down for an interview with Film2.0, discussing her latest works, and her return to the industry after a long break. Here's some highlights:

Looks like you gained a little weight, you look good.

Lee Yo-Won: I guess it's because I took a break. After we finished shooting 'Fashion Seventies' this Summer, I only worked on some magazine shoots and rested a little. As the release of the film was approaching, I got a little busier.

You debuted at quite a young age. Even if a lot of actors debut while in High School nowadays, there aren't a lot of people who do serious roles at that age.

Lee: That's because I was 18 back then, I was really young. People think I debuted in 1999 with 꼭지 (Ggokji), but I actually was a model before that.

When you started your modeling career, was becoming an actress your main goal?

Lee: Up to my first year in High School, I didn't really dream of becoming anything in particular. I attended school in Seongnam, and I was just a quiet student back then. Didn't really think that much about my future goals, I was the kind of girl who would just do whatever she was told, and accept any situation. But then, by chance, I stumbled upon an ad for a model audition on a magazine, and I thought... why not. My friends always told me I was tall and thin, so I just gave it a try. I took the audition, and that's where it all started. I first worked for a few magazines, then I got a chance to do CFs, and that eventually led to auditions for Movies and Dramas.

Even if you behaved well, your parents must have been surprised about your acting career.

Lee: More than my parents, it was my grandfather who was really against it. My father was a really strict person, but my mother had always been the kind of person who trust you and lets you do what you want. So if I said I wanted to do something, they usually allowed me to do it. Sometimes I even think about how much different my life could have been, if my mother was just a little stricter (laughs). More than my parents, my friends were really surprised. They were all shocked I was on TV, they'd often say "That's you?". I wasn't exactly the center of attention in school, so that surprised them a lot.

But then, after being so active with your movies and TV Dramas, right after 'The Great Ambition' you surprised everybody announcing your wedding. You were just 22 back then, why did you do it so early?

Lee: Honestly, after marrying I didn't really agonize over my future. After doing films and dramas together for so long, I was mentally and physically exhausted. I never had time to rest and reflect on my career. When I announced my marriage, that created a good opportunity to rest a little. I didn't really plan for it on purpose, but then I just decided to take a rest, since I finally could.

While you were taking a break, Korean films have changed a lot. The size of the market increased as well. If you were thinking of continuing your career as an actress, did you ever reflect on those changes?

Lee: Just a little. Sometimes I thought to myself, maybe if I didn't take a break I'd be a top star now. When I started my break, I kept getting offers to star in films like 태극기 휘날리며 (Taegukgi), 클래식 (The Classic) and 동갑내기 과외하기 (My Tutor Friend), which all ended up becoming big box office hits. I turned them all down, because I decided to rest. But that doesn't mean I regret that. I'm the type of person who loves to work, who would even force herself not to turn down an offer, lest someone else took it. But it weren't for that break, I probably would have worked non-stop until now. To me this break was a good opportunity, I finally had some time for myself.

So what made you finally come back?

Lee: Lee Jae-Gyu, the PD of 'Fashion Seventies', had a big role in my comeback. Actually he wanted to work with me in 다모 (Damo), but I refused the offer. Then, even before we started working on 'Fashion Seventies', he wanted to work with me for another project, and once again I ended up rejecting the offer. But the guy calls me again, saying he wanted me to star in 'Fashion Seventies'. I was about to come back home from the US, and I loved the character (Deo-Mi) so much, I just decided to do it.

You came back on the spotlight with 'Fashion Seventies', but you actually started shooting your film 'When Romance Meets Destiny' first. But compared to the Drama, your role in the film is much smaller.

Lee: 'Fashion Seventies' came first. I came back to Korea in December [2004], and we were supposed to start shooting in January, but it kept being postponed. While that happened, I looked around for something else to do in the meantime, and my manager showed me the script for 'When Romance Meets Destiny'. At first I just had fun reading it, I never realized they really wanted me to take the role (laughs). Even when they asked me If I was interested, I thought they were joking, even my manager had a list of new actors they wanted to cast in the role.

Then how did you end up accepting the role?

Lee: Actually, even if my first role after coming back is small, I wanted something like that from the beginning. I was afraid if the role was too important, it'd be too much burden for me. I was looking for a role that would leave a lasting impression, even if it was a small one in a film with only men. Think of Lee Eun-Joo's role in 'Taegukgi'. But, then again, 'When Romance Meets Destiny' has two men and two women. It was much different from what I expected, and took another direction. But as I read the script one more time, I started liking my character Yoon-Kyung more and more. I liked the fact she was both graceful and had a realistic outlook on life. Just because it wasn't a leading role, I had a lot less burden about my comeback.

People on the set say you've changed a lot.

Lee: (laughs) That's right. I was a little cold back then. You could expect it to a degree, since I was always so busy and tired, but back then I didn't really click with the other actors. I just focused on my scenes and went my way. Even when I was doing interviews, I wouldn't talk for so long, I'd just say a few words (laughs). This film was the first time I really got close with my fellow actors. I didn't just talk more on the set, I also looked at the other actors' scenes, and it was fun working with them.

source : http://twitch.dev2.apperceptive.com/interviews/2005/12/lee-yo-won-talks-when-romance-meets-destiny.php

This is my first project ever of adding the subtitle so please bear with me if it isn’t great.

I’m grateful that Fatlouie85 had translated the interview.  It’s pretty funny, love it!!!  You can add this fun fact to your collection Ninimi. 

LOL… the queen wants Bidam to die quickly at that final scene. 

TV Section Interview

tvsectioninterview.jpg