Guest lynn_9344

nika, thanks for the article and your new avatar. She looks so beautiful.

natsammi, I like her in that casual clothes. She looks cute. Thank you very much.

lynn & ninimi thanks a lot, finally I could put LYW's face in my avatar...lol!!! Yes, she's beautiful.

New photos from today of Lee Yo-won attending the VIP premiere of the new musical Monte Cristo. Enjoy!

[courtesy of candy chen at www.leeyowon.cn]

Nice photos, thanks for sharing. I wonder when are they going to release the movie bean paste. Hope soon.

hehe got website .. got video of QSD http://www.sondoku.com/

haha why they had the chinese word.. "善徳女王 " QSD

Harky, that's the QSD Japan official website...nice, isn't it? The video is very clear.

errrwwww... Nikachan.. i find new article !

Still From japan,,

hahahhaha.. so many Interview in Japan !!! :P

it said 40-50 media come at that tima..ckckckkc....

here it is..

Please Translate..... okeey.... :D

Lee Yo Won's Article

the pics

http://hh.a.5d6d.com/userdirs/3/3/leeyowon...dd378e98f98.jpg

:) :) :)

Yes, ninimi, so many interviews...LYW got so tired when she was here, loll! I guess it's really hard when you are a queen...had to do lots of public relation work. Thanks for the link. Deokman_7272k sorry for making you wait, I'll translate & post it here as soon as possible.

<!--quoteo(post=15797817:date=Apr 21 2010, 08:31 AM:name=ninimi)class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ninimi @ Apr 21 2010, 08:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&quotemain'a href="http://www.oricon.co.jp/entertainment/interview/2010/leeyowon0421/index.html?cat_id=tops" target="_blank">Lee Yo Won's Article

the pics<!--QuoteEnd-->

Hi to all. Here's the translations. Please understand my English.

LYW Special Interview

Famous surprising!?

[i've gotten used to surprises (laughs)]

2009 South Korea's most sensational popular series Queen Seondeok finally arrived in Japan! In South Korea it was announced that this drama had exceeded 17 consecutive episodes with an audience rating of 40% breaking the record. Of course fans of traditional Korean drama in Japan which involve a wide range of people are also likely to support the epic. LYW served & starred in such work appeared in an interview! Anxious to catch up the real face.

My usual life is very simple.

This time, it's your first visit to Japan, what's your impression?

I was surprised by the events, hard schedule and interviews (laughs). I spent a very exciting day. Tomorrow is off so I look forward to go shopping. Because I love the waffle shop in Daikanyama, I am thinking of going there.

Perhaps because your role was to disguise as a man, I was surprised because there was no such a girly image (laughs)

I often been told that (laughs). People who were watching the TV drama the first thing they said to me was this phrase "your back is big than I thought". Recently, I've gotten used to surprises (laughs). Usually I don't like to stand out, my life is really very plain or simple. Therefore, it's possible that I could feel the gap of the extra character.

Do you like to do natural life?

Yes. I am concerned about health so I stick to healthy food... especially because of this work I got a little bit sick, since then taking care of health becomes a priority.

Filming the war scenes and training scenes surely were pretty hard.

Because as an actress things like getting covered with mud are not so many(laughs). However, in performing the raging temper character I was able to discover that I also had such aspect! For instance, the proud feelings after killing people during the war... It's an absolute reality because I didn't experience it (laughs).

Wavering & saying things clearly is similar.

Then, which part of the role do you empathize?

The time when Deokman was wavering, saying things clearly she was similar to me. However, the other scenes, the lifetime & the environment were completely different, I could sympathize to the character more while performing it. Especially, when I was running away & met my elder sister, the scene where we escaped together I was able to have more emotional empathy.

The romance is one of the charms in the play. Which characters have drawn you most?

Generally, I think that it's Bidam. He has many factors that women liked very much. But for me, my favorite was Chunchu. Though as an actor he is still a high school, but he was very matured when he played his character, his face is really cute & as it is he is a boy. He's going to be a great actor in the future. I have seen it through the eyes of a parents (laughs).

Thinking of cute heart leads women to feel good. Recently in Japan "otomen"(male who has feminine hobbies, skills, or way of thinking)<b> they are even called cute guys & are popular. What do you think of these types of men?

If it's a friend then it's fine with me, but as a boyfriend not quite (laughs). Nevertheless, I prefer a manly guy.

Well, to end please give a message to the people who will be watching QSD for the first time.

This film depicts the life of Korea's first queen, the episodes until she became a queen are really very interesting and captivating. By all means, I want you to enjoy watching it again & again.

(Text: Yoshida Kana)

Guest natsammi

LYW Special Interview

Thinking of cute heart leads women to feel good. Recently in Japan "otomen" (male who has feminine hobbies, skills, or way of thinking) they are even called cute guys & are popular. What do you think of these types of men?

If it's a friend then it's fine with, but as a boyfriend not quite (laughs). Nevertheless, I prefer a manly guy.

@nikachan: Thanks for the translation! I definitely think that LYW's life is truly very simple despite her fame and popularity. She's a simple person. And I agree with her that a "feminine" guy is ok as a friend but many women prefer a manly guy :)

Guest lynn_9344

Hi to all. Here's the translation. Please understand my English.

LYW Special Interview

Famous surprising!?

[i've gotten used to surprises (laughs)]

2009 South Korea's most sensational popular series Queen Seondeok finally arrived in Japan! In South Korea it was announced that this drama had exceeded 17 consecutive episodes with an audience rating of 40% breaking the record. Of course fans of traditional Korean drama in Japan which involve a wide range of people are also likely to support the epic. LYW served & starred in such work appeared in an interview! Anxious to catch up the real face.

This time, it's your first visit to Japan, what's your impression?

I was surprised by the events, hard schedule and interviews (laughs). I spent a very exciting day. Tomorrow is off so I look forward to go shopping. Because I love the waffle shop in Daikanyama, I am thinking of going there.

Perhaps because your role was to disguise as a man, I was surprised because there was no such a girly image (laughs).

I often been told that (laughs). People who were watching the TV drama the first thing they said to me was this phrase "your back is bigger than I thought". Recently, I've gotten used to surprises (laughs). Usually I don't like to stand out, my life is really very plain or simple. Therefore, it's possible that I could feel the gap of the extra character.

Do you like to do natural life?

Yes. I am concerned about health so I stick to healthy food... especially because of this work I got a little bit sick, since then taking care of health becomes a priority.

Filming the war scenes and training scenes surely were pretty hard.

Because as an actress there are not so many things like getting covered with mud (laughs). However, in performing the raging temper character I was able to discover that I also had such aspect! For instance, the proud feelings after killing people during the war... It's an absolute reality because I didn't experience it (laughs).

Wavering, saying things clearly was similar.

Then, which part of the role do you empathize?

The time when Deokman was wavering, saying things clearly she was similar to me. However, the other scenes, the lifetime & the environment were completely different, I could sympathized to the character more while performing it. Especially, when I was running away & met my elder sister, the scene where we escaped together I was able to have more emotional empathy.

The romance is one of the charms in the play. Which characters have drawn you most?

Generally, I think that it's Bidam. He has many factors that women liked very much. But for me, my favorite was Chunchu. Though as an actor he is still a high school, but he was very matured when he played his character, his face is really cute & as it is he is a boy. He's going to be a great actor in the future. I have seen it through the eyes of a parents (laughs).

Thinking of cute heart leads women to feel good. Recently in Japan "otomen" (male who has feminine hobbies, skills, or way of thinking) they are even called cute guys & are popular. What do you think of these types of men?

If it's a friend then it's fine with, but as a boyfriend not quite (laughs). Nevertheless, I prefer a manly guy.

Well, to end please give a message to the people who will be watching QSD for the first time.

This film depicts the life of Korea's first queen, the episodes until she became a queen are really very interesting and captivating. By all means, I want you to enjoy watching it again & again.

(Text: Yoshida Kana)

nika, thanks for the article translation. It's funny when she said that some said that her back is bigger than theirs.She does look like a boy during her nangdo days. In a tv interview before she also said that her favorite is Chunchu. Who wouldn't like YSH, the boy is way too cute. I agree with LYW, those type of men are good as a friend but not as a boyfriend. I too prefer a manly guy. :P

Natsammi & Lynn, you are very welcome.

I agree, she is very simple & it's what I like about her. Also she's a very humble person.

Yes Chunchu is really cute, I like him too. In the drama I could see how LYW feels for Chunchu...I could see her parental heart towards him that's why I really like them. Hope they will appear together again as a family in another drama.

Yes, me too I prefer a manly guy but one that likes a clean & organize house... lol!

Hi,everybody!

In addition to the photos posted by natsammi, here's a very short article related to that event.

Lee Yo Won Supporting Ohk Joo Hyn's musical

credit: allkoreangosspip.com

Just like what the writer noted, she does look very happy and she also looks very young in that outfit.

Thanks. I don't know OJH...is she a friend of LYW? & what drama or movie did she appear?

Guest lynn_9344

Natsammi & Lynn, you are very welcome.

I agree, she is very simple & it's what I like about her. Also she's a very humble person.

Yes Chunchu is really cute, I like him too. In the drama I could see how LYW feels for Chunchu...I could see her parental heart towards him that's why I really like them. Hope they will appear together again as a family in another drama.

Yes, me too I prefer a manly guy but one that likes a clean & organize house... lol!

Thanks. I don't know OJH...is she a friend of LYW? & what drama or movie did she appear?

I haven't seen OJH previous works. I'm sorry if I am so daft, but I did not know which one is OJH, the male or female lead?(lol)Seems that the musical play is a hit since celebs were there to watch it.

This news just came out an hour ago. I am having difficulty translating it since google translation is so confusing. If anybody has a better understanding of the news, please feel free to post. I read also other related news to have a better understanding of the article.

Original article: Lee Yo Won's suprise confession

credit:sports.chuson.com

Aired April 24, 2010 in KBS 2TV Entertainment Tonight, actress Lee Yo Won frankly confessed that she suffered a severe depression when she was 29. She also said that she want to play a light role in her next project.

This was probably the time when she did Bad Love. Actors are sometimes too immersed in the character they played that it's hard to let go of the role they played once it finished airing. I'm glad she was able to get over her depression.

I haven't seen OJH previous works. I'm sorry if I am so daft, but I did not know which one is OJH, the male or female lead?(lol)Seems that the musical play is a hit since celebs were there to watch it.

Aired April 24, 2010 in KBS 2TV Entertainment Tonight, actress Lee Yo Won frankly confessed that she suffered a severe depression when she was 29. She also said that she want to play a light role in her next project.

This was probably the time when she did Bad Love. Actors are sometimes too immersed in the character they played that it's hard to let go of the role they played once it finished airing. I'm glad she was able to get over her depression.

Lynn, if she was 29 then just last year. She did Bad Love in 2007, she didn't do anything in 2008, right? BTW, Koreans have another way of counting their age. In Korean count LYW is now 31. I am confused about when did she actually has the depression. The google translation is indeed confusing!

Here's another site that posted LYW's visit to Japan. It has more pictures if you want to see it.

LYW in Japan

The contents are almost the same to what I have already translated except for this one & I would like to share it with you because I too was very curious about it. It's about Alcheon, LYW was asked by actres Asano Yuko if Alcheon for a long time liked Deokman. LYW smiled wryly & answered that Alcheon as Deokman's bodyguard did not see her as a woman. Too bad, I wonder what it would be like if Alcheon & Deokman also had a love story in the drama.lol! I love Alcheon, he's cute!

hi all !! Long time no see.. miss u all.. :P

Nika thx alot for the translation !!!

yess last nigth was aired KBS Relay, they also have interview about her 30 years old age now, the video is available in mafiatahu.

n this is the caps

1004242336b2c705c7e49b3.jpg

1004242336eb2b48aa1ba45.jpg

1004242342bc979d0320132.jpg

1004242342870d1089e13a7.jpg

1004242342145ad5fd3faec.jpg

Surprised with her Hair... :lol: :lol:

Lynn, if she was 29 then just last year. She did Bad Love in 2007, she didn't do anything in 2008, right? BTW, Koreans have another way of counting their age. In Korean count LYW is now 31. I am confused about when did she actually has the depression. The google translation is indeed confusing!

Here's another site that posted LYW's visit to Japan. It has more pictures if you want to see it.

LYW in Japan

The contents are almost the same to what I have already translated except for this one & I would like to share it with you because I too was very curious about it. It's about Alcheon, LYW was asked by actres Asano Yuko if Alcheon for a long time liked Deokman. LYW smiled wryly & answered that Alcheon as Deokman's bodyguard did not see her as a woman. Too bad, I wonder what it would be like if Alcheon & Deokman also had a love story in the drama.lol! I love Alcheon, he's cute!

thx for the article nika, wow i find many new photos, really love her smile n laughter... so shining !!!

hahah.. many people curious about alcheon - dm too eeeh..... :P

Yes photbeo she's so pretty, n eventhough she doesnt take any drama this year, she's still active in CF, promotion, tv interview, photo session, and attending some occasion, so that we are still able to know her update activity, love it..

Guest Deokman_7272k

yo Queen Seon Dok really is driving me crazy.. my favorite characters are Deokman, Bidam, Yushin, Alcheon and Chunchu.... I have many favorite parts in the story too... I love LYW in the part when she was imitating the way Yushin rang commanded them and Jukbang and Godo was laughing hard...., I really love her in the war part in the mud, when she was holding Bow and Arrow, pretty eventhough she was dirty...

I like her aunt-nephew relationship... good actor chun chun, very effective in his role.... I love yushin-Qsd but must admit Bidam-QSD has greater impact... I really wish to see them in a different role. how come it looks impossible?

About her depression I am also curious, if she was 29 years old then, then it could just be last year... could it be the part of QSD when rating was pressuring her, there was a news that the rating subsided when Mishil died, but I don't think it has that much impact..coz the story is really good I can watch it over and over again,

Thank guys for the translation...

hi Deokman, QSD drives me crazy too. the drama has ended moths ago but it still stick in my mind..

i dunno why the drama gives me very great impact, and i am now a fan of Lee Yo Won, really loves her as Deokman n Queen Seon Deok..

yeah the scenes you mention are my fav too.

i also love when deokman fights agains Seokpum's Nangdo, when Seokpum n his friend try to put off her clothes to prove Deokman is a boy or a girl coz Deokman seems preetier than the girl beside them..

i like the way she kick n scream !! hahahah.. so funny !! really looks lika a boy !!

i Love all Nangdo times !!! it full of Laught...

in Princess time,Deokman seems soo preetty, cuteeee... her face is unique..

she is calm but mature..

i Love QSD all cost !!

Guest lynn_9344

ninimi, thanks for the screencaps. She looks elegant although I am not sure if I like her hairstyle or not :P When I saw the video, I was amazed at how she could still walk while wearing those very high heels.

nika, yeah, my bad. Bad Love was in 2007. So like ninimi stated, this was probably last year. Her age is confusing, I thought she is 31.Thanks for explaining.

deokman, welcome. Me too, QSD drove me nuts. I had sleepless nights while it was still airing and few weeks after it ended.

phetbeo,we miss her too but glad that we can still see her on tv and all.