Taeyeon (snsd) Failure At Seoul Drama Awards 2009

Guest spuddevaughn

Guest keeptryin'

I don't think that it's really her fault. I thought it was just an awkward combo. Esp when the guy's voice is so deep. ^ agree with above statements.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is everyone saying that that performance is a failure?

OMG~~~ you cannot say that.. she's a wonderful singer...

dont judge a person just from one perf...

you MUST see another perf..

i agree that that wasnt the best perf of taeyeon... i personally think that this song doesnt match with taeyeon's voice... i dont even think that her voice can blend that well with the male singer..

calling this perf is a failure is a litte to much...

you cannot say that, you are not in her position.

Guest Miss.Understood

Ek. Not her best performance, must've been a bad day, other than that, I still love her and her voice - just not in this performance.

Park Hyoshin was awesome as per usual.

He harmonizes beautifully with singers like Hwayobi.

The harmonizing in this performance sounded so awkward. lol.

This song is just not meant for Taeyeon.

Guest FDTxtianshix

she totally failed at the song and ruined probably one of the most heart-wrenching Kpop songs I have ever heard. .

Agreed. Why did they even have to make it into a duet? Park HyoShin sings it amazingly as a solo singer. TaeYeon didn't sing Can You Hear Me well either; it was emotionless, pitchy and lacked confidence. I think the only word I can use to describe what has happened to Snow Flower is butchered. Major props to Park HyoShin for doing so well on his part in a situation like this.

Opening post was started by an anti-fan.

Lol, I don't get why you have to bring that up. In the original post, the OP said s/he likes TaeYeon but if you think OP is an anti, fine. But, OP presents a valid point

I like Taeyeon, don't get me wrong but she was off key most of the time and almost missed a part of the song near the end. She was just pitchy during the whole performance which I've never heard her do before

What, just because s/he is an "anti" as you believe, the OPs point is invalid and/or biased? Note that the OP only said "Taeyeon duet with Park Hyo Shin total FAILURE!!" as in this certain duet was a failure and not Taeyeon is a failure in general.

Guest yahoojedi

the harmony was just bad. but the solo parts were actually good.

taeyeon's lives always amazes me. i guess it's just that TY's and PHS's voice range don't match each other.

i mean TY's voice is quite high. but PHS's voice is low. so yeah.

but at least they tried to adjust.

Guest Lishathestain

dang 11 pages? lol. good job guys.

it was a bad performance i must agree. man i can't even finish it & that's like one of my fave songs of all time :( :( phs did great though.

but i still don't think Taeyeon is a fail singer lol. that's just too much judging it by this one performance.

Guest IckyVicky<3dongbang

she's a good singer but she was singing w/ a singer not an idol.

i think she could have done better but it was really not a great performace.

harmonizing isn't her thing. ><"

LOL & i'm not bashing. this wasn't a good performace and people who say it was..... O,o

but i'm not saying shes not a good performer.

Guest colloquy

Can you properly critique an athlete's technique in swinging a bat if you aren't a professional baseball player?

Excellent question...man, you need to a professional baseball player to analyze baseball? ESPN has been fooling me all this time.

Yes, you can critique someone if you don't know the profession, but in order to properly tell what was going on you need experience in the field. If someone you don't know dies, you'll feel sympathy but you won't feel the crashing emotions than if it had been someone you personally knew that had died. In order to properly empathize with someone you need to have had to experienced it beforehand. Thus all the 'lol she was leik totly bad singr dere' posts and the replies 'Can you do better?' They're basically saying, you have no idea how difficult it is to do this because you have no experience in the field of singing. If you're just watching on the exterior, you can always say 'Oh that looks easy', but experienced people will go 'Wow that was a really difficult move.'

Lol, this makes no sense. If somebody on this thread says, "That's a bad performance," (Note: Most people here do think she's a good singer generally) what does that person's singing ability have to do with it? Did they say that singing wasn't difficult? Did they say it was easy? Please stop talking out of your richard simmons. I bet anybody in the music industry would probably agree with the notion that it wasn't good.

Guest Leland22

This will make sense for anyone who's a singer but there were 3 main problems for this performance:

1. The song was in the wrong key for her range.

2. Their ranges are a little too...err...far apart and don't synch up very well.

3. The music seemed a little quieter than normal in comparison to the voices...

Guest doremii*

it was a bad perf.. not the end of the world. I still think she's a good singer and I enjoy her songs.

Can't believe there are 12 pages. lmao.

Guest Lishathestain

Excellent question...man, you need to a professional baseball player to analyze baseball? ESPN has been fooling me all this time.

i lol'd irl.

ok nvm i'm still laughing.

oh this is true. most of the times antis really do say that

I have conversed with plenty of anti-fans and they all try saying 'no I'm totally a fan of xxx' in order to try to sway you to their opinion. It's a persuasion technique, I use it all the time.

V

Agreed. Why did they even have to make it into a duet? Park HyoShin sings it amazingly as a solo singer. TaeYeon didn't sing Can You Hear Me well either; it was emotionless, pitchy and lacked confidence. I think the only word I can use to describe what has happened to Snow Flower is butchered. Major props to Park HyoShin for doing so well on his part in a situation like this.

Lol, I don't get why you have to bring that up. In the original post, the OP said s/he likes TaeYeon but if you think OP is an anti, fine. But, OP presents a valid point

What, just because s/he is an "anti" as you believe, the OPs point is invalid and/or biased? Note that the OP only said "Taeyeon duet with Park Hyo Shin total FAILURE!!" as in this certain duet was a failure and not Taeyeon is a failure in general.

So if you're a fan of someone you go around posting propaganda about the artist you're a fan of. Which fan uses failure several times in trying to show people a performance that was lacking? If she was any fan at all this wouldn't even be posted because instead of trying to draw attention to it she would have just said 'yes, that was lacking' and moved on. It's glaringly obvious it was started by an anti-fan, because I have conversed with plenty of anti-fans and they all try saying 'no I'm totally a fan of xxx' in order to try to sway you to their opinion. It's a persuasion technique, I use it all the time.

Lol, this makes no sense. If somebody on this thread says, "That's a bad performance," (Note: Most people here do think she's a good singer generally) what does that person's singing ability have to do with it? Did they say that singing wasn't difficult? Did they say it was easy? Please stop talking out of your richard simmons. I bet anybody in the music industry would probably agree with the notion that it wasn't good (although, I wouldn't really use the word "failure" but to each to their own).

You have no idea what you're talking about and aren't even properly responding to what I was saying. People here are trying to explain why it was a bad performance but the majority of them make themselves sound stupid. And yes, most of the announcers on ESPN have been past players themselves, most of them professionals, so they know what's going on. Inexperienced announcers have no clue what they're talking about and sound like a joke the majority of the time, which you see a lot. Which is what I was saying.

Needle

Regarding your comments: amen, amen, and amen!

12pages? excellent!

get's get this rollin'. More popularity for Taengoo, (favorable or not, that's another question). <3

LOL, anti-fans are obviously antis no matter how they hide it. I can pick out a handful in this thread just by their commnets&siggies. ^_^

Guest colloquy

You have no idea what you're talking about and aren't even properly responding to what I was saying. People here are trying to explain why it was a bad performance but they majority of them make themselves sound stupid. And yes, most of the announcers on ESPN have been past players themselves, most of them professionals, so they know what's going on. Inexperienced announcers have no clue what they're talking about and sound like a joke the majority of the time, which you see a lot. Which is what I was saying.

Of course I'm responding properly... you're still making no sense. How does not being able to relate to the "crashing" emotions of singing live have to do with a good critique? Most music critics have never been singers, and also, having "empathy" with who you're critiquing does not mean they sugarcoat everything. The music industry is actually pretty harsh. Being a singer and having knowledge of music are two entirely different things.

It was a bad performance on Taeyeon's part. You don't have to analyze and study music to know she wasn't up to par with PHS. She's a great singer but not quite as spectacular as her duet partner.

Guest splendidlure

Seriously, the only reason this thread is this long is people keep on making excuses for Taeyeon. Seriously, It won't kill her to have a few criticisms.

This performance was not up to par, accept it, and just move on. gosh.

Guest moncchichi

people who are defending her saying it was good... honestly?? it was bad and taeyon is supposedly the best singer in snsd... yes, singers have their bad days, but since this was a pretty big event, shouldn't she have practiced a lot prior to the perf?

Archived