New Girl Group Lady Collection (레이디 컬렉션) Official Thread

Guest re8a

Guest kaypop.

finally, the mv i've been waiting for is released!

i loved it! they're all pretty and their voices are amazing.

i really wish them the best!

i want this group to get busy! ^_^

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some new events on their schedule:

박세민의 2시의 스케치 [?]

Date: 10.28.2009

Time: 2 PM

Channel: iTV FM 90.7Mhz

M!Countdown

Date: 10.29.2009

Time: 6 PM

Channel: Mnet

'유한대학' 축하무대 ['Yuhan University' Celebration Stage]

Date: 10.30.2009

Time: TBA

'라이브파워뮤직' 녹화 ['Live Power Music' Recording]

Date: 10.31.2009

Time: 7 PM

I used google translator, so there's probably some mistakes. They're finally making their debut on a music program! I wish it wasn't M!Countdown, but I'll settle for anything at this point. =)

Guest noodlez101

join us at

ladycollection . lovelyforum . net

we have all the info you need there!

-lyrics translations {Kr+Eng}

-subbed videos

-twitter

and soo on!

Guest nad_donad

[Hot Debut HQ 091029]Lady Collection (레이디컬렉션) - 훔쳐보기-슬픈말 (Watch Secretly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru-7vtxzR8s

© urasiansourceKpop

So glad they finally start performing on music shows...... I hope next week we'll see them on Mubank - Mucore - Inki..

I just watched a glimpse of the performance, will watch the full performance later...

They seemed a bit nervous, but that's understandable since this is their debut performance on TV...but all of them look pretty...

I don't really like the grey bottoms though, they seems a bit too plain....TT___TT

::EDIT::

Just watched the full performance....their vocals are awesome....

This is maybe just me, but I think they rarely do close-up on Ji Eun, they do a group shoot on most of her part...

Guest candysami0708

YAY!!!

i love the MV for watch secretly!

Eli's voice really is something! well all their voices are special! :)

and OMG! their first performance on MCountdown was AWESOME!

i love their vocals!

and yeah i kinda noticed that too, when ji eun is singing the cameraman don't focus on her :(

but it's all good :D

lol.now i can't wait for their next performance! :) :) :)

Their M!C debut was great!! Ji Eun's adlibs at the end!<3 Their vocals are beyond impressive. The choreography was so cute. I also like the stage outfits they used. Very classy, nothing flashy or age-inappropriate.

I hope they get some more attention now! =)

New rookie group Lady Collection's leader Jieun (JC), revealed in a recent interview that she's close with 2NE1's Sandara Park and was once her mentor!

Jieun, who had been training under YG Entertainment from 2003-2007 and was part of their label until this January, had grown close with fellow trainee, Sandara Park.

Jieun said, "Because of the age difference I wasn't really her friend but more of an older sister as I cheered her on. But now it's the other way around as she cheers me on. And because I used to give her vocal lessons, it feels more special."

She also spoke about her former fellow trainee's recent success, "She's doing better than I thought she would and that makes me proud. Sandara Park is really determined and her long practice period really paid off with her face acting/expressions improving too. And of course she's become even more beautiful and healthy."

The former YG member had her debut all set but it was delayed by 2 years which caused her to switch to a new record label and ultimately leading Lady Collection, who actually made their first live debut performance last night! Check it out below:

/credits: AllKpop

Guest JazzyMina

Their debut was good XD but ji eun sounds abit diff then she used to?

Oh wel im lookin forward to their further peformances ;D

i love this group!! very talented indeed and i hope they peform poker face sometime

Some new pics!

2qiclyu.jpg

25fjf55.jpg

2dqrlgk.jpg

24b2kwn.jpg

11jqh6v.jpg

1z2k8wi.jpg

2e4vric.jpg

e7e3gw.jpg

in66h0.jpg

n521iw.jpg

10zy0cn.jpg

wrj6vq.jpg

15x0j2a.jpg

2885ibm.jpg

I hope someone can translate this interview. It's kind of long, so I'm curious.

새로 나온 여성그룹인가 싶었다. 3인 3색의 매력에, 외양도 여느 아이돌 여성그룹 못지 않다. 잘 빠진 S라인에 시선이 멈추는 것은 기본이다. 그런데 노래를 들어보니, 순간 공기가 ‘확’ 바뀐다.

◆ “보컬그룹, 최고의 수식어에요.”

아이돌 여성 댄스그룹 일색인 가요계에 실력으로 똘똘 뭉친 여성그룹이 등장했다. 지루해진 가요계 공기를 한순간에 산뜻하게 바꿔놓을 화제의 신인, 레이디컬렉션(Lady Collection· JC, 앨리, 세이)이다.

“성숙한 이미지를 주고 싶어 레이디(Lady)는 일단 정해놓고, 그 다음에 붙일 단어를 찾았어요. 단어란 단어는 다 갖다붙여보다 모음과 전시회라는 뜻이 있는 ‘컬렉션’이 떠올랐어요. 그룹명 때문에 가끔 댄스그룹인 줄 아시는 분도 계시지만요.(웃음)”

레이디컬렉션은 아이돌 댄스그룹 일색인 가요계에 오랜만에 등장한 걸출한 보컬그룹이다. 과거 빅마마, 에코가 연상된다. 팀으로 치면 이제 갓 데뷔한 신인이지만, 멤버 각자의 이력은 만만찮다. 모두 치열한 경쟁을 뚫고 발탁, 솔로앨범을 낸 경험이 있다. 당시 대중적인 인기는 크게 얻지 못했지만, “노래 하나 만큼은 잘 하더라”는 인정을 받았다.

먼저 JC(지은)는 빅뱅, 투애니원, 세븐 등이 속해 있는 YG 엔터테인먼트 소속가수였다. 소름 돋는 가창력과 타고난 `필`로 여성 솔로 가수로 강한 인상을 남겼다.

앨리는 애인(AYN)이란 이름의 여성 솔로 가수로 첫 음반을 발표한 적이 있다. 세이는 싸이월드 송 페스티벌에서 금상을 수상했으며, 2007년 가수로 데뷔하기도 했다. 세 사람 모두 탄탄한 노래실력을 겸비했기에 보컬그룹의 `드림팀`으로 불린다.

“저희는 보통 그룹들처럼 메인보컬이 따로 없어요. 모두가 메인보컬이고, 파트도 특별히 나누지 않아요. 자신의 장점을 발휘할 수 있는 분야에서 누구나 메인보컬로 나서요. 그게 특징이자 장점이라고 할 수 있습니다.”

최고의 여성 보컬 3명으로 구성된 보컬그룹인 만큼 은근한 경쟁심은 없을까. 그런데, 이 세 사람. 솔로보다 팀으로서 갖는 매력에 흠뻑 취해 있었다.

“모든 부담을 혼자 짊어져야 해 일을 할 때 즐기지 못했다”는 세 사람은 “팀에 들어와 부담도 팍팍 줄고 활동하는 것도 신난다”고 환한 웃음을 터뜨렸다.

◆ ‘훔쳐보기’로 팬들의 마음 훔치고 싶어!

멤버들의 보컬 색깔 역시 개성이 넘친다. 그들의 설명을 빌리자면, 지은은 옹골진 목소리다. 앨리는 허스키하고 특히 노래할 때는 호랑이로 변한다. 세이는 청초한 외모답게 청량한 보이스를 지녔다.

“처음에 코러스 하거나 화음을 넣을 때 어려움이 있었어요. 목소리가 다 다르고 좋아하는 장르도 다르니까요. 다른 그룹들처럼 메인이 있고 보조가 있는 개념이 아니라 각자 맞는 분위기와 파트에 자신의 장점을 최대한 발휘합니다. 화음 위주보다 파트가 확실하고 솔로에 확실한 기량을 보여준다고 할 수 있죠.”

데뷔앨범 타이틀 곡은 ‘훔쳐보기’이다. 섹시하면서도 럭셔리한 레이디 컬렉션의 이미지를 부각시키면서, 실연을 당했지만 사랑을 잊지 못하는 여자의 아픔을 노래했다.

“보컬그룹이지만 다양한 느낌을 보여줄 수 있는 노래에요. 너무 처지지도 않고, 약간의 안무도 들어가구요. 헤어진 후 다들 미니홈피를 훔쳐본 경험들이 있을 거에요. 용기가 나질 않아 나서지는 못하고, 뒤에서 그 사람의 여운을 곱씹는 그런 경험들을 노래했어요.”

막판까지 타이틀 곡 후보에 올랐던 ‘아는 오빠’는 여성들이 공감할 만한 내용의 가사에 멤버 각자의 가창력이 잘 살아난 노래다. 흑인 R&B 창법에 애절한 한국적 감수성도 묻어난다. 그밖에 이번 앨범에는 빠른 비트의 ‘포커페이스’, 미디엄 템포의 곡 ‘그 누구보다’ 등의 노래가 수록됐다.

“한국의 데스터니스 차일드(destiny`s child)가 롤모델이에요. 계속 발전해서 빠른 노래도 하고 안무도 잘하고 보컬로서 충분히 기량을 발휘하는 그룹이 되고 싶습니다.”

무엇보다 그들은 가수들이 인정해주는 그룹으로 성장하고 싶단다. 무대 위에서는 카리스마 넘치지만, 무대 밖에서는 “친근한 옆집 언니처럼 되고 싶다”고 입을 모았다.

그리고 레이디컬렉션 앞에 붙이고 싶은 수식어가 무엇이냐는 질문에 소박한 대답을 내놓았다. “그냥 보컬그룹이라고만 해도 좋을 것 같아요. 보컬그룹이라는 말은 아무나에게 붙여주는 게 아니잖아요.”

[매일경제 스타투데이 진향희 기자 happy@mk.co.kr/사진=강영국 기자]

[ⓒ 매일경제 & mk.co.kr, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지]

http://news.mk.co.kr/outside/view.php?year...9&no=557779

Guest nad_donad

^

^

Thank you for the pics...I love the pics of them in the alley and also the last pic....

Somebody please translate the article, I want to know more about them...

I'm feeling sad reading the interview with Jieun, she must be really tired of waiting for her debut until she decided to switch label...

(i don't know why they called it 'debut' not 'comeback' since she already has one full album as her debut)

Guest xootwisted

Aigoo. I`ve heard about them but never really thought Ji Eun is here.~*Outdated. Aww,why did YG let go of her?

I looove her vocals. I`m happy because she`s back again though and with a group!. I miss her.I love her songs.

Guest nad_donad

Another great performance of Lady Collection of M!Countdown yesterday....better than last week, they didn't look nervous...

I start to get disappointed with Lion Media...only 2 performances so far, not even in the major broadcasting channel (KBS,MBC,SBS)...

They didn't seem to promote the girls at all......must be really frustrating for the girls too....

Anyone know their next schedule? I

I think their latest performance was a tremendous improvement. They just seemed more comfortable and the entire feeling was so soothing that you just get lost watching their performance.

I wish they would perform more often. I don't want them to fail.

I loovee the watch secrety mv and the performance on 11.05.09 was really good too.

I hope they get to perform more too; their live vocals are pretty awesome.

and the pictures, they have this really classy (?) look. They're all soo pretty.

Archived