Moon Geun Young 문근영

kanzcech

Kim Joo Hyuk Is Laid to Rest, '2 Days and 1 Night' Cast and Moon Geun Young Mourn at Funeral

kim-joo-hyuk-is-laid-to-rest.jpg

Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Jong Min, Kim Joon Ho, Defconn, Lee Jun Ki and Joo Hyuk's girlfriend Lee Yoo Young look somber as they send the late actor to his final resting place.
Family and friends of Kim Joo Hyuk paid final respects to the late actor on Thursday, November 2 to send him to his final resting place. The mourners gathered at the funeral held at the Asan Medical Center funeral hall in Seoul. 

"2 Days & 1 Night" cast members Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Jong Min, Kim Joon Ho and Defconn as well as the show's former director Yu Ho Jin were among those attending the funeral. Actors Lee Jun Ki, Oh Ji Hoo, Chun Woo He and Moon Geun Young, who is managed by the same agency Joo Hyuk was in, were seen at the hall as the coffin was put into the hearse. 

The funeral was headed by Joo Hyuk's older brother Kim Joo Hyun, Namoo Actors chief representative Kim Jong Do, and Joo Hyuk's girlfriend Lee Yoo Young. The late actor will be buried at his family's burial ground in Chungnam. 

Joo Hyuk passed away on Monday, October 30 in a tragic car accident in Gangnam. His Mercedes Benz SUV rear-ended another car before swerving into a wall of an apartment complex and flipping down the stairs. He was rushed to Konkuk University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at around 6:30 P.M. 

Another "2 Days & 1 Night" cast member, Jung Joon Young, wasn't present at his funeral because he was filming "Law of the Jungle" on Cook Islands. The crew of the show was finally able to inform him about Joo Hyuk's passing on Thursday. 

The show's staff said in a statement, "We offer our deepest condolences at the unfortunate news of the late Kim Hyuk's passing, and pray for his safe passage to the afterlife. The 'Laws of the Jungle' staff have made contact with the filming team [on the Cook Islands] as of November 2 at 8:30 A.M. KST. After receiving word from them, we learned that the filming team including Jung Joon Young, who arrived at their destination on Sunday, October 29, moved to a remote location where communication is difficult, to begin filming. As it happens, the communication company on the Cook Islands experienced a fire at the time, which kept our communications from getting through." 

"Filming was scheduled to carry on until tomorrow, but due to inclement weather, the crew has wrapped up filming as of now. After wrapping up filming, the crew relocated to a more accessible location, and we notified Jung Joon Young right away. The staff is currently consoling Jung Joon Young, who was close with the late Kim Joo Hyuk, while trying to find the means for him to return to Korea as soon as possible. It will be difficult as the area does not provide a direct line from the islands, but we will do our best," they stated. 

Previously, the show's crew was criticized for not contacting Joon Young and informing him about his former cast mate's passing immediately. 

cr:showbiz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“2 Days & 1 Night” Members Record Final Goodbye Messages For Kim Joo Hyuk At The End Of Special “In Memoriam” Episode

2-days-1-night1-768x432.jpg

On November 5, KBS’s “2 Days & 1 Night” aired a special “in memoriam” episode in honor of former member Kim Joo Hyuk.

The “in memoriam” episode, announced only the same morning, featured highlights of his time on the variety show, including his first meeting with the cast, his earning of the nickname Gutaengie-Hyung, the appearance of his close friends like his agency head and actress Moon Geun Young, the time the show revisited photographs of his parents, and finally his last episode as a regular cast member.

At the end of the episode, the “2 Days & 1 Night” members recorded their final farewells to their former castmate, including Jung Joon Young, who was not able to attend the funeral after the news of his passing was delayed by communication issues on “Law of the Jungle.”

In Jung Joon Young’s message, he said, “Hyung was always a cool hyung to us and more beloved than anyone. When I was on hiatus from ‘2 Days & 1 Night,’ I contacted all the hyungs as soon as I arrived back in Korea, but Joo Hyuk hyung thought I might have been having a hard time so he came to see me in person. You came to see me when I was having a hard time, but I’m so sorry that I was not able to do the same for you. I want to go to your side now as fast as possible.”

Also shedding tears, Kim Jun Ho said, “We will never forget you. Our Gutaengie-hyung, I hope you can rest in peace in a good place now.”

Cha Tae Hyun filmed his video message in front of the Myeongdong Cathedral, saying, “I came here because I wanted to show you this place. In our last filming together, we visited places where we made good memories with you. You mentioned this place, thinking one of us might have come here. This is where you took your composite photograph with your parents [earlier on the show]. I really wanted to show you this place. Of course, you can probably see it better from where you are now, but even still I wanted to show it to you.”

At the end of the video messages, the production staff revealed a video that Kim Joo Hyuk had sent them two weeks ago to commemorate the show’s 10th anniversary.

In the video, Kim Joo Hyuk said, “Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. It’s really impressive for a show to go on for 10 years. I think this is all due to the viewers. I hope that the members can work even harder from now on so that a program like ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ doesn’t have to end. I say this every time, but I really miss the show, and I am always cheering the members on.”

The beloved actor passed away in a car accident on October 30 at the age of 45. He was a cast member of “2 Days & 1 Night” from the beginning of Season 3 until December 2015.

cr:soompi

In ‘Glass Garden,’ Moon finds solace in a tortured soul : The actress channels her insecurities in stunning performance of a recluse

05224044.jpg

Few actors can pull off the kind of subtle catharsis that Moon Geun-young is able to deliver with just a slight change in her facial expression. The 30-year-old actress, who debuted in 1999 with the film “On the Way,” has become well regarded for her ability to deliver powerful emotions through the twinkle of her eyes and wrinkle of her cheeks.

Her expressiveness made her the perfect choice to play Jae-yeon, the main character in director Shin Su-won’s latest film “Glass Garden.” Jae-yeon is a promising doctoral student who spends her days in a glass garden researching humans’ relationship with flora. Her preference for life in reclusion makes her the fascination of a novelist who wants to write Jae-yeon’s story. At first, she is cold to his advances, but slowly, Jae-yeon begins to open up to him about her life. 

After premiering at the Busan International Film Festival last month, the film was released in theaters on Oct. 25. Magazine M, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, recently met with Moon to discuss the movie. Below are edited excerpts from the interview.

05224127.jpg

05224127.jpg

Q. In the film, Jae-yeon grows up with a father who believes trees have souls. She has a crippled left leg and believes that humans, too, have the ability to heal themselves like trees. It doesn’t sound like an easy character to play. How did you feel about the role after reading the script?

A.
 I thought Jae-yeon must have lived a tough life, suffering from all the discrimination because of her disability. Although her struggle was not mentioned in the script, I could see how vulnerable she was. Instead of faulting her damaged heart to external factors, Jae-yeon accepts it as her fate. She still struggles, but she is able to keep going in life because at some point, she decides to expect less from the world. The one thing I believe Jae-yeon is determined to protect is her glass garden.

How were you able to understand Jae-yeon’s feelings in detail when they weren’t even mentioned in the script?

Because I have felt similar feelings (laughs). I was emotionally hurt by a number of small things. When people feel hurt, some show it on the outside while others don’t. People usually find their own way of trying not to feel hurt. For me, instead of becoming hostile and angry toward society, I hide my feelings and expect less from the world.

Jae-yeon feels more comfortable around trees than people, but she finds one person to open up to - Professor Jeong, who becomes her love interest and ultimately betrays her. Why do you think she opened up to him?

Although Jae-yeon almost gives up on human relationships, that doesn’t mean she has given up on expectations from people because people usually have the desire to interact and live together with others.

Some people hardly open up to others, but when they do, they spill out everything. I think Jae-yeon is one of those people. She opens up to Professor Jeong because she thinks he is different from others. But when he betrays her, she becomes hurt and decides never to open up to anyone else.

You leave a strong impression with just the changes in your facial expressions. Did you try to show off anything in particular in “Glass Garden?”

I have heard that I have lots of facial expressions. Some say that I speak with my face (laughs). But I have never acted while consciously thinking about what kinds of facial expressions I make. For example, after watching the whole movie, I realized that Jae-yeon’s eyes looked pretty blank after she isolated herself in the glass garden. It’s not something I did intentionally, but I guess the audience can better concentrate on Jae-yeon’s facial expressions since she isn’t a kind of a person who expresses emotions through words or behavior. 

What do you think the forest means to Jae-yeon?

The forest, or the glass garden inside the forest, is a place where Jae-yeon can feel free from everything that torments her. She doesn’t feel hurt in that space. Inside the glass garden, she doesn’t need to cover her crippled leg with thick socks and is able to fully immerse herself in her research. I think the space represents the inner world of Jae-yeon.

Jae-yeon doesn’t give up on her research no matter what others say. Is there something you feel similarly confident about in your acting?

I’m not sure. But these days, I’m starting to think that the characters I play are very important and that I have become attached to them. Acting isn’t always easy. I have to understand the characters, their situations and convince the audience.

But such difficulties don’t mean I should give up or become lazy. I think what motivates me to act is the affection I have for my characters and the work. Looking back, I think I have put great effort into every piece. But depending on how much affection I felt, the level of difficulty varied. So for now, I want to play a character I can enjoy, like Jae-yeon in “Glass Garden.”

BY JANG SUNG-RAN [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

cr:koreajoongangdaily

Actress Moon Geun Young reveals her health has gotten better and thanks fans for their concern

moon-geun-young.jpg

Actress Moon Geun Young recently graced the cover of 'The Big Issue'.

Having previously undergone surgery a total of four times as a result of compartment syndrome, Moon Geun Young commented in an interview, "I have recovered a lot now," and expressed her gratitude toward fans for their support. She also said, "I think I should be more honest with myself." 

moon-geun-young_1510167780_htm_201711081

When asked what kind of actress/person she wants to become, Moon Geun Young mentioned, "A thoughtful and an expressive actress.  As for an individual, I don't want to be shy when it comes to certain situations."

moon-geun-young_1510167715_2017110811298

moon-geun-young_1510167793_2017110811201

cr:allkpop

Moon Geun-young, "I have to be honest with myself"

photo908400.jpg

Moon Geun-young was on the cover of "Big Issue".

This was her first magazine photo shoot since her comeback with "Glass Garden" that was the opening film at the 22nd Busan International film Festival and opened in theaters on october 25. She was joined by skilledstaff members who did her hair, and styling.

In the following interview, Moon Geun-young showed much affection for her "Glass Garden".. About director Shin Soo-won, Moon said, "She's a warm hearted person although she doesn't show it".

Earlier this year, Moon Geun-young underwent four surgeries because of an acute form of compartment syndrome. She says that she is almost fully recovered and she's thankful to those who worried about her. She realizes she has to be honest with herself.

About being an actress, Moon said, "I want to be an actress who understands as much as possible and never embarrassing myself. Even if I do make a mistake, I want to be someone who can be embarrassed about it".

photo908401.jpg

cr:hancinema.net

Archived