Moon Geun Young 문근영

kanzcech

Guest jisung_15

Wow, thank you for all the latest news on MGY! Really excited about her tv comeback but quite confused about the mixed reaction online regarding the male lead. What is an idol? What sets him apart from an actor? It sounds like a pejorative term from articles I've come across. Quite sad that Kim Jae Wook said no to being second male lead. Although I was mainly Geun-Geun in MMM, I enjoyed his undeniable chemistry with Moonie and was looking forward to seeing them together onscreen again. Be that as it may, I hope Sado does make it the Oscars, and even wins Best Foreign Language film. What an honor that would be!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@anitgone

There are not yet had confirmation that he is out of drama, I hope not :sweatingbullets:

Moon Geun Young And Yook Sung Jae Casting Yields Mixed Reactions

moon-geon-young-and-yook-sungjae-will-st

Reports confirming the casting of Moon Geun Young and Yook Sungjae as the leading stars of "The Village," have been met with mixed reactions from domestic audiences. On September 2, Korean outlets including Sports Chosun confirmed that the BtoB member was cast as the leading man of the upcoming SBS series.

In the series, which is also known as "The Village: Achiara's Secret," Yook will portray Park Woo Jae, a policeman who is tasked with solving a murder. He appears in the series alongside seasoned actress Moon Geun Young. 

A report published by Enews provided quotes from the 20-year-old acting idol, who was initially reluctant to take on the role.

"I was cautious leading up to my decision to appear," said Yook, in his interview with Enews. "I will work hard, so that I do not compromise the reputations of Moon Geun Young sunbaenim (an honorific term of repect for seniors) and the other great actors." 

Audiences praised Yook for his role in the teen drama, "Who Are You: School 2015," but a greater significance has been placed on his ability to act opposite Moon. In addition to "Who Are You: School 2015," he previously appeared as Sooksookie in "Reply 1994" and as Kang Min Gu in the weekend drama, "Plus Nine Boys."  

Moon earned the title of Korea's little sister after emerging as a breakout star in projects like the 2000 series "Autumn in My Heart" and the film, "A Tale of Two Sisters." She will portray Soo Yoon, an educator who accepts a teaching assignment in a small village that is plagued by mysterious murders that result in burned corpses. 

The top comment on the Sports Chosun article analyzed the difference between Moon and Yook, in terms of acting experience. "The male lead is way below the female lead," said a commentator, in a post translated by the forum, Netizen Buzz

Critics of "The Village" casting noted that Kim Jae Wook and On Joo Wan were cast as supporting and second lead characters, respectively. 

Kim is known for his roles in "Coffee Prince" and "Who Are You."  Kim has an extensive acting resume which was established after his debut in the 2002 series, "Ruler of the World." 

On Joo Wan will portray Seo Ki Hyeon, the director Of Haewon Steel, in the series. He previously appeared in "Punch," "The Idle Mermaid" and "The Blade and the Petal." 

The series will be directed by Lee Yong Seok (The Great Seer) and written by Do Hyun Jung (Can Love Become Money). "The Village" will premiere after the hit medical drama, "Yong Pal." 

(c)kdramastars

Guest jisung_15

I just read at koala's that KJW is out :angry: was really looking forward to seeing him and Moonie again...sigh...

Read the same thing, a poster said it first prior to the actual article coming out on koala's blog, awww, and it was one thing that got me excited about the drama.:P no matter, will still be on the lookout for this. Will try to see the other male lead's work.

Oohhh sorry, was trying to respond to anitgone's post but I keep getting kicked out of the forum.:phew: I don't know what to make of the male lead and all the mostly negative reactions over his inclusion in the drama.

Updated Schedule of Moon Geun Young for this month of September

403665_439273992775423_1168290470_n.jpg?

September 2 - 월간중앙 interview magazine
September 3 - The Village script reading and Sado Media Distribution Preview 
September 5 - Bazaar & Allure photoshoot
September 6 - The Village Photoshoot
September 7 - The Village 1st Filming
September 8 - Sado VIP Preview
September 17 - Sado Premiere

Posted by MGY IFC

11225434_876841129031342_590028986566268

11949384_876841135698008_633242307269118

(c)Moonsclub

Guest jisung_15

Whoa, I'm really happy Moonie has come out of the woodwork and has been hard at work promoting Sado! A talent such as her should be seen and appreciated like fine cheese.:) work for "The Village" follows soon too. MGY, fighting!

Thanks for your hard work updating this thread, Ryuujin.:)

Guest anitgone

Ah @jisung_15...I like your analogy...fine cheese should always be paired with fine wine hee hee like maybe lee jun ki and the like...

Yeah happy to see Moonie so busy....she's really glowing these days...

Moon Geun-young and Yook Seong-jae to lead 'The Village: Achiara's Secret'

11947481_1027171637318986_51541082610202

Moon Geun-young and Yook Seong-jae have been confirmed to co-star in "The Village: Achiara's Secret". Kim So-yoon a native English-speaking teacher. who ended up being in 'Achiara' like a destiny and Park Woo-jae a police officer, who took police exam three times to pass, the two will dig up the secrets of the peaceful and simple village has been hiding.

Moon Geun-young is one of the most outstanding actresses in her 20s, well-known for her strong acting performance built through experiences. 
Yook Seong-jae surprised viewers with his unexpectedly impressive acting in KBS 'Who Are You - School 2015'. The refreshing combination of these two actors is raising the curiosity about the new drama they will lead.

The village name Achiara is an original Korean word meaning little pond. The village is an average peaceful place where the worst crime has been a theft. But on So-yoon's first day at work as a native English-speaking teacher, a dead body was found in the village. This brought out a forgotten memory among villagers and the peaceful status of the village starts crumbling down.

An associate from SBS said, "So-yoon and Woo-jae are strong and pure-hearted characters, who would not lose their standard until the end while the villagers reveal their true identity as the truth is revealed one by one. We do not have any doubt that Moon Geun-young and Yook Seong-jae will bring the characters to life 200%.

They will definitely captivate the eyes and ears of the viewers". Village Achiara, which has been believed to be a place where most average normal people have been living. As a dead body that was buried secretly a long time ago, has been found, it's not peaceful there any longer. 
A truth is traced down as the investigation on the corpse found is carried out. "The Village: Achiara's Secret" is scheduled to begin after the completion of 'Yong Pal.

Cr:Hancinema.net

Moon Geun Young 'The Throne ' First preview with the press today ! She cut her hair ^^
cr: Moon Geun Young International Fanclub

11896485_1027285647307585_10944009446680

11954593_1027289913973825_54396229626519

11947557_1027293423973474_85961439110955

why did she cut her hair again...love her long hair...but darn she looks gorgeous classy n mature....:wub:

11752468_1027294073973409_65190836499906

11947575_1027294330640050_79236517603238

11218468_1027294320640051_10351994154892

11954713_1027293837306766_54229863591002

11221962_1027294420640041_75769043176391

Guest jisung_15

^^Wow, she looks gorgeous in those pics from the press preview, and sports almost the same facial expression as YAI in almost all of their pics together, awww, they look so good together, it would've been such a treat to see them longer on the small screen, like find cheese to fine wine eh anitgone, but YAI is in another drama, so no likelihood of that happening anytime soon, but I can always dream.:wub: YAI is on a roll, what with "Veteran" performing so well at the box office. Even if only in a supporting role, what an honor still to be in the company of such esteemed actors as SKH, good job, MGY! Btw, I like the short hair, suits her, I think, and the understated elegance in a simple ensemble. Thank you riya and Ryuujin for those breathtaking pics! :)

Ah @jisung_15...I like your analogy...fine cheese should always be paired with fine wine hee hee like maybe lee jun ki and the like...

Yeah happy to see Moonie so busy....she's really glowing these days...

Ohhhh, a pairing with Lee Jun Ki would've been awesome too, but she said no to Scholar, didn't she? Maybe in the future we can watch them together in a drama, why not.:)  read somewhere PSH turned down TMETS too, but they still got to work together in CDDA.:) Sado and The Village, fighting!

Btw, are her international fans planning anything to show support for Moonie, either for the movie or her series? I 'm in!:)

sis we have planning for rice wealth....   for sado [the throne ] press conference international fans can also donate any amount  like this 11890994_873704999344955_416386785183711  sis wait i will send u our contact details how to send

please kindly visit this our page too....  https://www.facebook.com/MoonLoversPH?fref=ts   11903768_873705019344953_146142062520102https://www.facebook.com/MoonLoversPH?fref=ts

on that pictures....  it's on last year for rice wealth of goddess of fire 

thanks

[Spot] ‘The Throne’ Moon Geun-young “I tried to express the dilemma of relationship”

10500344_1027716993931117_83366765585966

The press conference for a film ‘The Throne’ was held at COEX Megabox in Samsung Gangnam Seoul on September 3. Its cast members- Song Kang-ho, Yoo Ah-in, Kim Hae-sook, Jeon Hye-jin, and Moon Geun-young, and director Lee Joon-ik attended the event.

The film ‘The Throne’ is a tragic epic that describes the story of 
King Yeongjo (Song Kang-ho) and Sado (Yoo Ah-in) in view of father-son relationship. Actress Moon Geun-young plays as Sado’s wife ‘Mrs. Hong’.

Moon Geun-young told she wanted to play as ‘Mrs. Hong’ in her previous interview.

Moon Geun-young said, “I filmed a drama ‘Queen Myeongseong when I was young. Then I talked about Mrs. Hong in my lines. I just wanted to play as Mrs. Hong and believed I would do so one day”.

Additionally, “I did not know I would play as Mrs. Hong via this work. She is the only one who undergoes a tragic family history over three generations. She is the witness of the family history, so I wanted to play as her once”, said Moon Geun-young.

She also told her feeling about playing in ‘The Throne’, “I tried to explain why Sado behaved like that rather than just play my role. I tried to express the dilemma of relationship as Sado’s wife, Crown Prince’s wife, and a mother of the eldest grandson of King.

Meanwhile, the film ‘The Throne’ will be released on September 15.

Source getitk
Translation by Jin Kim Thanks !

Posted by MGY IFC

Archived