[THE OFFICIAL] Gdragon G-드래곤 G-Dragon Thread

Guest the7REAL.

I'm glad he's cleared of the charges! :D

Good thing the police and investogators were smart enough

to conclude that he ddnt break any performance law.

Yeay! :D Nao, i cant wait for his and Flo Rida's version of HB! :]

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad that he's cleared now with all of the charges as well as YGE. We can now focus more on all the gifts he has in store for us like the live album with new songs and Flo-rida collaboration and the 2 versions of the concert dvd. At least, the stress and pressure has kinda lessened for him. No matter what happens, VIPs will always be in support of him and the boys. The album cover of his live album is super cool! YGE always has unique cover designs! hahaha...

GD Fighting!!!

Guest Unni_Ashley

Korea's TOP 20 Most Wanted Celebrity Boyfriend.

1. G-Dragon Bigbang (896 votes)

2. Jang Geun Sok and Lee Minho (860 votes)

3. Donghae SJ (823 votes)

4. Nichkhun 2PM (756 votes)

5. T.O.P Bigbang (718 votes)

C: bbviplover/teenee

by : DoLLi3 @ BBVIP Forum

heh i know you r Jiyong oppa :P and about "GD is cleared of charges!" XDXDXD

you deserved it...cant wait for collarboration with Flo Rida!!!!!! Haters take that!!

Jiyong fighting!!

Guest missARROGANT

JJ’s new minialbum features composer scouted by GDragon

It has been known that singer JJ will have composer Lee HeeSeong, scouted by GDragon, for her upcoming minialbum.

Lee HeeSeong, who has taken part in various hip hop album productions and scouted by GDragon, has taken part in the production of JJ’s new minialbum ’special one’.

And after the teaser video to ’special one’ has been released on GomTV, it has received overwhelming responses from music fans. The title song is ‘A little more’ – a dance song with fast beat.

JJ’s minialbum will be released on 18th March.

S:Newsen

c: kbites

Guest vip_gd

^

oooh .. cool

idk who the heck this JJ guy is though lol

gosh, i am sooooooo happy to hear that it's all been settled and cleared

finally, the grief has taken off my chest

but actually it already simmered down long time ago but still! assurance is good to know.

even if there are still haters. i can stick out my tongue at them. =PPPP

and yeeyy! GD first! people have good taste ;]

JJ’s new minialbum features composer scouted by GDragon
sorry to cut your post but it should be the other way around..JJ's new minialbum featutes composer which scouted G-dragon

because

It’s written in the article of music critic Kang Myunsuk :

“Lee Heesung: The producer for the hip-hop compilation album . Kwon Jiyong debuted as 2G-Gon in this album. The song he sang was titled ‘G-Dragon’. It was also Lee Heesung that recommended him to go audition at YG. G-Dragon, when he was in elementary school decided to become a rapper after he listened to Wu-Tang Clan’s album at his friend, Seungchul’s house. “

cr:Kat@Kbites

I'm glad everything is over,so proud of GD for being strong in facing all these problems

many many thanks for the photobook translation..everything that person wrote about GD is so true..

crazy perfectionist,hard-working,so serious when he's working but laid back and dorky and playful when he is on break

his mom really took good care of him^^

@WinterRain:

I think the "outsider" in the photobook is the photographer since he/she the one who took GD's photos

he/she was so lucky because he could follow GD 24/7

I think this article talking about GD's fashion sense and some celebrities who are inspired by his fashion sense..I hope I'm right ><

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201003121258021001

인스타일 3월호 잡지부록으로 나온 EGOIST, 중에서

'엣지 있다'라는 말에 가장 잘 어울리는 사람을 꼽는다면에서도 낸시랭씨가 지용이를 꼽아주셨죠!!

낸시랭 - G드래곤. 제가 하는 컨템퍼러리 아트랑 너무 잘 어울리는 변화무쌍한 사람이에요.

이사강 - G드래곤. 아주 민감한 촉을 가지고 끊임없이 자기만의 에지를 살려 스타일을 만드는 사람인것 같아요.

credit:bbvipz

^ i'm not sure but i think the magazine Edge was praising Ji for his fashion style or something, along with Nancy Lang? Or i wonder if it's Nancy Lang who is the on that is praising Ji.

glad to hear that everything's good for Ji, it took such a long time though.

Other than that, I can't wait for the DVD to be released, even though i'm never going to get the chance to touch it, but oh well haha.

Thuy: those photos were posted way back during the Heartbreaker promotion time, (but i guess it doesn't hurt to post them again)

Guest universe

thanks for the translations of the photobook!!

i really wish YG would release an English version of all their books. sigh i would love to carry it around, so that when i'm feeling down, i can just take it out, read it, and feel motivated again. what GD has gone through really make my so-called problems seem so weak in comparision. and the amount of hard work he puts in is astounding. he's really my role model...

and of course, its a great day for us VIPs!! finally GD's charges has been cleared. ever since August last year, he has been plagued by all these accusations, one by one. but finally, everything is now over. GD can finally move on :D

Guest asianbaaaby

i'm soooo happy for jiyong right now!

finally, after so long, he's free of this mess that's been surrounding him.

kwon leader FIGHTING! <3

Guest missARROGANT

LiL STH 2 cElebraTeZ GD's gOOd news

All are old pics. But they are so adorable not to share :D

I esp like the captions.

Once upon a time, a Fly high Leader: AKA- G-Dragon

58453631.jpg

looking SMOKE in formal outfit n flowers in hand..

33785868.jpg

clOse-uP purely 4 prOving PERFECTION

22647124398113917312187.jpg

But some fools try to defame him as a HORNY CHARACTER...

Saying that he gives 2 much air-kiss

730063421.jpg

Disposing himself topless towards public

n83247062356292289984.jpg

Taking advantage from fangirls

12267933.jpg

Bully other members 4 way 2 much skinship..

n511871354148060490281.jpg

yet the Leader is 2 STRONG 2 be Knocked OUT!!

gd111.jpg

WTH, can u all look as cute as me when waking up??--GD dares the fools

n516355005369778356621.jpg

n516355005369780952601.jpg

Overcome all opponents, today he juz proves that he really does SHINE THE LIGHT!!

gd6.jpg

THE ONE AND ONLY G-DRAGON

Credits: WNtm @ bigbangupdates

HotCha member Regen Cheung got a signed CD from Ji

* HotCha is a Hong Kong cantopop trio group. Regen Cheung attended Big Bang's BIGSHOW concert and took some photos with Big Bang members. They even signed the albums for her.

hotchabb7.jpg

G-Dragon's limited CD, WOO~ it is signed~

YEAH!!

thanks to HKYAHOO and baidu bigbang

translated by Miseremei @ bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

credit if re-post

Guest missARROGANT

こんにちは^^

今日は皆さんに私が一番好きな歌手を紹介する予定です。

Gドラゴンは韓国の有名グループ、「ビクバン」のリーダです。

彼は12歳の年で「the Korean hip-hop frex album in 2001」でデビューしました。その後、「YGentertianment」の社長、ヤン・ヒョンソクによって発掘されて、後の6年の練習期間を経って、2006年に「ビクバン」のリーダで出ました。

2006年にはGドラゴンがMaroon5の曲を直接編曲して作った「This love」というソロ曲が大人気でした。また、「ビクバン」の中で「Lie」、「 Haru haru」、「Last Farewell」などのたくさんのヒット曲を作曲家たちと共同で作って大ブームになるようにしました。特に「 Haru haru」と「My heaven」という歌を日本のアーティスト 「Daishi dance」と一緒に共同作業して、話題になりました。

2009年8月Gドラゴンは10年間準備した彼の一番目のソロアルバム、「Heartbreaker」で自分の国で褒め言葉と非難を同時に受けました。アンチファンの操作された映像によってアルバムの収録曲の中で「Heartbreaker」と「Butterfly」がネチズンたちから盗作を疑心受けたからです。

でも、それに屈しないで“歌手は舞台で言う”という彼の信念でソロ活動を無事に終えました。

そして、盗作を疑心受けた原曲「Rightround」の歌手である「Flo-rida」によって今度出るGドラゴンのLiveアルバムの「Heartbreaker」にRap featuringを受けるようになってこれ以上の盗作疑心は出ることができなくなりました。

Gドラゴンに関心がある人はうれしいと考えます。

まだGドラゴンが盗作をしたと考える人はこれを見てください。

I wonder what is it about -_-

gdjapan.jpg

C:dcgd

Guest shinhdeplol

HB sales from the beginning of Mar

Date / Sales that day / Total sales

100301 / 00,030장 / 131,140장

100302 / 00,040장 / 131,180장

100303 / 00,114장 / 131,294장

100304 / 00,061장 / 131,355장

------------------------------28주(000,400장)

100305 / 00,064장 / 131,419장

100306 / 00,018장 / 131,437장

100307 / 00,017장 / 131,454장

100308 / 00,017장 / 131,471장

100309 / 00,087장 / 131,558장

100310 / 00,062장 / 131,620장

100311 / 00,111장 / 131,731장

------------------------------29주(000,376장)

100312 / 00,015장 / 131,746장

100313 / 00,017장 / 131,763장

100314 / 00,012장 / 131,775장

100315 / 00,163장 / 131,938장

100316 / 00,024장 / 131,962장

100317 / 00,024장 / 131,986장

C: ㅎㄳㄱ @ DCinside

I wonder why on Mar 15th he managed to sell so much

Guest falling5tar

Isn't March 15 the day GD was cleared from all charges? :) His album sales went up after that day too. Go GD!

Guest prettygirl_pc

WOOT WOOT!!!! so many news!!! i can't control myself!! first.. congrats to Jiyong for being clear of all charges.. when i first read the news i wanted to jump up and down and dance all around.. I AM SOO HAPPY THAT ALL THE CHARGES AND ACCUSATIONS are clear one by one!! and Jiyong is coming out victorious from all sides.. He is a strong fella and these little bumps on the road are just a test for him being even greater.. omg.. if Jiyong was here. i would hug him soo tight and never let him go!! ahh.. dreaming again!!

So another congrats are in order to GD fanclub members.. for being #1 in Boy Solo section at Soompi Board

Boy Solo

1. G-Dragon (1493)

2. Taeyang (1337)

3. Bi/Rain (933)

Link: http://www.soompi.com/blog/100_days_of_fan_clubs

Enjoy guys!!

pri

Guest shinhdeplol

{TRANS} Shine A Light Photobook Pages 0~47

K60.8153181_1_1.jpg

“Huh? It’s not time yet, right?”

“(smiles sleepily) Yeah…….”

On the day of the first meeting, I tried to arrive as early as possible to prepare myself for what was ahead. But first place will always go to Jiyong. He was already there way before the time of the meeting, making preparations. Just because he’s a celebrity, I thought he would come late; I felt bad for making unreasonable misconceptions.

P90.8153321_1_1.jpg

Another thing that surprised me was seeing Jiyong negotiate all the opinions brought up during the meeting by the heads of each department.

I thought meetings like this would be completely led by President Yang, but the enthusiasm with which Jiyong came up with ideas and negotiated everyone’s opinions made him seem so mature.

He thinks about absolutely everything: lighting, sound, the stage, choreography, special effects etc………

He continued to talk about all these things and more. You could pretty much feel the passion Jiyong felt towards this concert.

It’s been quite a while, but Jiyong doesn’t look tired in the slightest.

Maybe the phrase ‘firing away’ is used for situations like this?

3L0.8153343_1_1.jpg

There were two things that surprised me a lot while watching him in the meeting.

The first was Jiyong’s incredible note-taking.

When I compared my notes (which even I couldn’t read) with Jiyong’s, it made me want to close my notebook.

He had written the contents of the meeting so neatly and clearly, I was amazed that the long meeting could be summed up in a single page.

I had heard he was quite the perfectionist, but even his writing was pure perfectionism.

“Um.....Can I……look at that??”

He chuckles and pushes his notebook towards me without a word.

2G0.8153353_1_1.jpg

They say they were actually going to ask Kim Gun Mo, who featured in the song to film this video. But unfortunately Kim Gun Mo couldn’t make it on the day of the filming because of his own concert schedules.

Jiyong was having a discussion with President Yang, who asked if he could do it himself.

To tell the truth, I was actually a little worried about whether it would suit Jiyong’s image and if Jiyong would want to do it or not.

But what? Jiyong rushes out to find himself some reggae-ish clothing and props. He returns with a bright red suit and hat, and hilarious sunglasses. God knows where he found them.

He practised so hard. The staff can’t stop laughing as they monitor Jiyong’s well pulled-off imitations of Kim Gun Mo’s characteristic gestures and facial expressions.

LZ0.8153362_1_1.jpg

“What? A fire??”

The staff member in charge of the concert’s preparation goes pale. Everyone gathers round wondering what’s going on, and wait in silence until the end of the call.

“There was an electrical short circuit……….The sets are destroyed……..”

Colour drains from everyone’s faces.

I knew he would have the same reaction too. He’d been helping with the concert aside from his Japanese activities, squeezing in time he didn’t have. If filming was postponed in this situation where time was so short, it would obviously have a huge effect on his other schedules.

Everyone’s busy adjusting their plans.

It was a tight schedule, but I’m told he was luckily able to make enough time to film.

You’d think the ground would give way at all the sighs of relief.

CS0.8153371_1_1.jpg

Something unexpected happened the second day of filming, which had been postponed because of the fire.

He had just managed to make time in his busy schedule, so everyone was more tense than usual.

But the faces of both the filming staff, who had come early and had been waiting after making preparations and the Japanese staff, who had just arrived were filled with worry and concern.

“He said his neck has been hurting weirdly all of a sudden since yesterday………………”

Yes. Jiyong had been suffering in pain the whole night.

CS0.8153380_1_1.jpgCS0.8153381_1_1.jpg

“Cancel today’s filming and take care of Jiyong.”

They answer “Yes” to President Yang as he says these words through the phone but the staff sigh, worried about the sick Jiyong as well as their own schedules.

“Jiyong, let’s cancel filming for today and take a break.”

“……”

“It’s impossible for you to film in this state. Just go home and rest, ok?”

“……I wanna do it. If I don’t film today what about the rest……….”

“No, it’s ok. Don’t worry, just go home.”

“I said I wanna do it already…… Just gimme some chocolate in return.”

Maybe it’s because the doctor suggested he eats some chocolate.

Jiyong never touches anything sweet, but he’s asking for chocolate.

The staff are at a loss for words and just stand there, hanging around him.

Then Jiyong pretends to be fine and says

“Oh come on, I’m fine already. Seriously, I’m ok.”

The staff feel bad and grateful at the same time, a couple of them are even tearing up.

Everyone looks at him worriedly, but Jiyong just smiles brightly and makes a gallant effort to walk cheerfully to the dressing room.

CS0.8153389_1_1.jpg

Though he didn’t let it show, it was difficult for Jiyong to even stay standing that day.

He kept getting dizzy and had to lie down or lean on a couch or chair and take a break before filming again.

He looked like he was in a dangerous state. None of the staff let down their guard.

When a person is that sick, isn’t it natural for them to want to stop what they’re doing whether it be work or whatever?

He never says anything like “I’m sick. I’m tired.” In fact, he keeps joking around and smiling with the staff because they’re worried about him.

I fell for him.

Yes, I really think I fell for him.

I always thought G-Dragon would be cold, intimidating and difficult to approach, but after seeing Jiyong trying to take care of each individual member of the staff, working hard without letting on that he’s having a hard time, even with a temperature of 40 degrees just so he wouldn’t worry anyone…After seeing how kind and pure his heart is…

I think I fell for him.

3L0.8153398_1_1.jpg

Eating porridge, eating medicine, eating chocolate.

Eating chocolate, eating porridge, eating chocolate.

Jiyong said he probably ate his whole lifetime’s worth of chocolate that day.

Even though he’s sick, he monitors himself so carefully that even when other would think it’s good enough he would yell

“I’ll do it one more time. Sorry.”

and go back to filming.

“How’s Jiyong?”

“Has he had his medicine?”

“Is he ok now??”

President Yang is worried about Jiyong and frequently calls the staff to check up on his condition.

He even makes a hospital appointment around about when filming ends.

Now that I think about it, it’s like how family members would care for each other.

I used to think they were called ‘YG Family’ for no particular reason. But seeing it for myself like this, they seem more like a man looking after his younger brother, and a boy looking up to his older brother rather than the head of a company managing his singers…..

It really made me feel like they were a family. It seems they’re not ‘YG Family’ for nothing.

Their strong bond makes me a little jealous, actually.

Trans Credits: sjay.x @ BBVIP.net

sjay.x promised to trans the whole photobook ^^

Guest WintersRain

{TRANS} Shine A Light Photobook Pages 0~47

Trans Credits: sjay.x @ BBVIP.net

sjay.x promised to trans the whole photobook ^^

THANK YOU SO MUCH, SJAY.X, for translating, and SHINHDEPLOL for sharing it here at the forum!!!! XD XD XD <33333333 that just made my day, and it's been a crappy day... (stupid allergies, stupid school.... >.<)

but when i was reading that... i felt so petty for feeling like i had a crappy day, when jiyong worked so hard and pushed himself so far for his work and his concert and his music... it makes me feel... so touched, that he would do this for our sake (as well as his sake. this is, after all, what he loves to do... ^.^)

thank you SO MUCH!! i feel like i learn a little bit more about jiyong everytime i read these translations (though i already knew he was that dedicated and that hard-working), and i can't wait for the next ones!! thank you SO MUCH!!

(haha, the excerpts about the notes and then Kim Gun Mo... XD lol, so perfectionist and silly and adorkable, our kwon leadah!)

and i agree with universe, they should release an english version!!! i would definitely buy it!!!! XD

Guest ooxstacee

I love the fangirling from the writer of the photobook. LOL!

Reading about him working hard and trying not to worry the staff makes me envy him so much.

It makes you like him so much more.

My hero. If it were me, I'd want to die and you can't pull me out of bed.

When you read through it, it seems like you're reading some fanfic, lmao.

I was copying and pasting it to my friend, but I didn't tell her it was from the photobook, so she goes "are you reading a fan-fic?" HAHA. It really sounds like one though.

Lifetime's worth of chocolate, hahaha.

<3 Maybe that's where his little bit of weight gain came from.

Can't wait for more!! :)

I love all these fellow vips, haha.

Guest pitta

thank u for the translation of the book. seriously, i don't know if i can thank u enough for this. i've been dreaming about it since it was released.

GD

what can we say more about him? he is GD!

if you can't find some pages of the book, plz let me know. i'll scan and post them for u ^^

waiting for more translation ^^

thank u agian

Archived