Am I The Only One That Hates The New Soompi?!

Thaowii

Guest heartdrops

The layout of the forum just changed.

I'd say be patient and test out the new Soompi first.

There could be things that are still being fixed and changed around.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone should be patient. I'm sure a lot of people prefer the old soompi better, but the new one isn't so bad. Please keep in mind that there are still glitches.

I do hope that eventually the old layout will be on the forum skin selector.

Don't hate yet. There are still things that need to be fixed. I'm sure eventually there'll be a new layout, but I think that might take a while so just wait.

Guest hoon-woo

i like how we now have a universal account...but the layout still doesn't sit well with me...it looks like the one being used by fora that are not as popular as soompi

Everyone should be patient. I'm sure a lot of people prefer the old soompi better, but the new one isn't so bad. Please keep in mind that there are still glitches.

I do hope that eventually the old layout will be on the forum skin selector.

Don't hate yet. There are still things that need to be fixed. I'm sure eventually there'll be a new layout, but I think that might take a while so just wait.

Agreed!! ^^ Let's just wait, give it a one week test or something!!! HAVE PATIENCE PEOPLE!!

*This one looks like the old soompi?? what?? I just read that from a previous poster.. Really?

Guest BYAMxp
<_< I like the old layout better. It's kind of confusing! The message thing is like <_<. I saw a new message that pop up and when I went to my "messages" it say I have 0 new message?! and can someone tell me how do I login in invisible? please pm me and lmk! thanks

Guest xxReminisce

Sorry to sound ungrateful but I liked the old layout. This new layout is just complicated, messy and pointless. Just my two cents.

hmmm i don't exactly HATE the new layout, it's just kind of confusing and takes longer to load (plus white is a little harsh on the eyes) >.< hopefully it'll get better though! the idea about the option of choosing the old layout view is a good one! ^_^

Guest pillowbox

the user profile is a bit confusing.. and there are things that i dont need.

i would like the option of choosing the old skin.

Guest Daiquiri

Oh trust me, you're not the only one. I know there are things still being tweaked but re-signing in and trying to adjust to with the whole cafe/profile thing, it doesn't make navigating around Soompi any easier. : |

I really don't need to have the option of having a blog, cafe, etc etc. I can do without those.

do i really have to log in everytime I want to see mine or anybody's profile?

and the "xxxxxx are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)" font is SO huge.

but the rest looks good to me, the avatar decoration design is my favorite lol

the option of choosing the old skin would be nice !

Guest leongfun

I really love the new layout. It looks really nice and fancy, but it seems slower to me. I guess because of all the new things they added to the site.

And I had trouble logging in because I have like, 20 different email addresses, and I didn't know which one I used to create this account so I couldn't log in. :lol:

The only changes I'd like is if we could log in with our usernames intead of our emails, and have an option to use the old Soompi.

The new Soompi is like Twitter, Facebok, LiveJournal put together.

Edit:

Wait, why am I complaining? I'm always using the lofi version anyway... aslong as we still have lofi, I'm good :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest hyeminnie

yeah, i don't like it, either....

everything looks too big or too monochromatic. haha i know the old soompi was pretty much the same colors, but i don't like these colors. :mellow:

i guess i hate change.

i dislike it very much...it's better to keep it as the old layout...much easier to use

The old version was easier to use. If they added the quick login on the forums, I would be happy though :)

Yes, going to an extra page just to log in bothers me.

<< The MY CAFE banner is too big :(

Can't we just click the name >> View profile?

I hate it actually... I liked it way better before, even the FOS hearts is gone like what?? :angry:

The FOS 09 and FOS hearts was so cute and made me love it very much on the forum, but now it's gone..

And I can't even upload anything on my avatar nor profile picture, and the "about me" is just plain weird..

Guest e ; c h o .

I don't love it neither do I hate it, it just does take time for users to udjust..

I'm not a really big fan of the twitter/facebook thing but this time around with all the new technology, everyone's updating to the lastest thing. imo

@ Baby.Pham

Hmm ... I think uploading your profile pic should work. I was able to upload mine a few minutes ago. As for avatar, if uploading from the profile page doesn't work go here and click "Edit Avatar Settings" and it should work. You won't be able to see it on the edit page, but if you go around posting on soompi, it'll be there.

Guest julanrouge

I hate it actually... I liked it way better before, even the FOS hearts is gone like what?? :angry:

The FOS 09 and FOS hearts was so cute and made me love it very much on the forum, but now it's gone..

they will be coming back - please be patient

Guest xjjjLOVE

I dislike it.

I think the biggest thing that bugs me about this is how small the forums are now!!

I wish they were the full sized screen like they used to be...

P.S: I think now a days sites are so busy trying to put so many new features on pages that we don't even need!

like Myspace and Youtube and kind of Soompi now too theres so much stuff

I think it's slowing everything down a tad bit

I think the simple and clean way Soompi used to be was the best.

*Sigh* I'll get used to the new one though... I hope.

Archived