You See An Attractive Stranger, How Do You Start A Conversation?

NEVERland

I've been pondering this since forever. I usually meet people through other people, (school is excluded, so for me, it's basically an entire network. But what if you see someone at a fair or something and want to get to know them. How do you go about doing that? Do you just go up to that person and go, "Hey, what's up?" I can hold a conversation with people, but it's people I already sort of know or do know. How do I start a conversation with someone random?!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest twenty4k

Well if it was at a fair, you could line up with them for the same ride and ask them if they know how the ride works, then start talking from there.

Guest It4cH1

first evaluate the situation. you notice something about the person. talk about that.

like "hey i like your shoes"

and if they're interested maybe he'll start a convo

then you can just introduce yourself, oh btw. my name is "."

the most important thing you have to know about going to a stranger is keep your confidence up, and don't worry about being rejected. Cause think about it. Its a stranger. you'll never see them again lol

Guest _ATELIER

/slaps richard simmons.

aye baby, /raises one eyebrow.

lol.

[hold up i just re-read the thread, and i honestly can't find any way to approach attractive strangers lol]

they usually always end up being a friend of the moment...so i never put in much effort =_=,

but i like that complimenting idea, just compliment the shoes or w.e and build off of it lol.

Guest babikorean

Well if it was at a fair, you could line up with them for the same ride and ask them if they know how the ride works, then start talking from there.

haha this year at a fair i saw a really cute boy sitting on the bench with his friends

and i was in line for the ferris wheel. He didn't look occupied or anything

so i just went up to him and said "hi, look i don't have anyone to ride the ferris wheel with! i'm a third wheel today, do you think you could save me and come on it with me??" he smiled and was like of course!

from then on i made a friend with a complete stranger! we didn't exchange numbers or anything like that.

it was just for fun lol!

Guest twenty4k

lol I'd be pretty startled if I was the boy, to have a random stranger go up to me like that. But I gotta admit that was a pretty swell idea to meet someone cute.

Guest Regina Rae

If I think he's really attractive, then yes. Usually I will go say hi or something.

It's usually at the mall & restaurants when I see these attractive guys. These are perfect places because they offer a lot of conversation starters.

Guest spiral_flare

lol

This thread makes me laugh for some reason. I get so nervous around attractive people I don't think I could ever do that.

But if you're feeling confident, honestly, just smile and say hi.

Guest AS1AND0LL

You guys got courage if you are able to go up to a person who you thought was really attractive, I'd probably freeze up and just stare at them from afar rofl.

Guest sacky

be smooth.. lol one time I was being an idiot, here's how it went

me: excuse me, do you know how much a polar bear weighs?

her: haha.. no.. how much?

me: enough to break the ice! hi my name is richard. xD

she found it hella funny. she's like my bff now hahaha.

anyways, hopefully they aren't stuck up or something. =X

Guest MiizzHyukiie

^

^

^ thats smooooth.niice. haha

i'd be like "whats cookin good lookin?"

how do you approach people at the mall, instead of a fair???

Guest sourpoplime

Ah... peoples' confidences and self-esteems these days are awful! Just talk to the stupid guy. Introduce yourself, compliment him, people were made for communicatin'! Learn how to talk! Jesus.

A good pickup line always works, provided they have a sense of humour/can understand it.

i.e

you: Hi did you say something to me?

them: er. . no?

you: well then please start :D

Archived