Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

Hello! Just a simple question:

Is it わたしの or はたしの.

Thank You in Advance ^^

as in "my/mine"?

like "my pen/ watashi no pen"?

私のぺん。(わたし の ペン)

the only time hiragana "ha" turns into "wa" is when it's used as a particle.

ex: watashi wa gakusei desu.

私は学生です。 (わたし は がくせい です)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm requesting translations again. there's just too much kanji here for my level of japanese. ^^; thanks in advance for those who give this a go.

『LIAR GAME』の元天才詐欺師・秋山深一の若き日々を描いた表題作を始め、史上最強の占術・三相ト術の使い手が難事件に挑む『サンソウ』、驚異的なダーツの才能の持ち主が未来を賭して勝負に挑む『ナインダーツ』など、読みごたえ充分の読切作品6篇を収録! 『LIAR GAME』、『ONEOUTS』の奇才・甲斐谷忍の真骨頂! 華麗なる“天才”たちの競演に酔いしれる、珠玉の短編集、ここに結実!

難敵・ヨコヤと死闘を繰り広げたLGトーナメント3回戦・“密輸ゲーム”。終盤の大逆転で、莫大な賞金を手にしたものの、形式上は敗者となった、直、秋山、フクナガの3人は、他のメンバーを救済する為、巨額の負債を抱え、敗者復活戦の会場に向かった。会場は、とある廃校。対するは、新たなる敵・“西軍”の3人。負ければ負債を背負ったまま、LGTから離脱となる…。敗退は絶対に許されない、凄絶な緊張感漂う背水の戦いで直たちを待ち受ける驚愕のゲームとは…!?

how do say this in formal,

i have something to give you, you can take it at your condo's guard house there.

"take it at your condo's guard house there" doesn't really...make sense, but i think it'll be

渡したいものがあります。コンドの警備で受け取れます。

watamini cooperai mono ga arimasu. condo no keibi de uketoremasu.

i'm requesting translations again. there's just too much kanji here for my level of japanese. ^^; thanks in advance for those who give this a go.

『LIAR GAME』の元天才詐欺師・秋山深一の若き日々を描いた表題作を始め、史上最強の占術・三相ト術の使い手が難事件に挑む『サンソウ』、驚異的なダーツの才能の持ち主が未来を賭して勝負に挑む『ナインダーツ』など、読みごたえ充分の読切作品6篇を収録! 『LIAR GAME』、『ONEOUTS』の奇才・甲斐谷忍の真骨頂! 華麗なる“天才”たちの競演に酔いしれる、珠玉の短編集、ここに結実!

難敵・ヨコヤと死闘を繰り広げたLGトーナメント3回戦・“密輸ゲーム”。終盤の大逆転で、莫大な賞金を手にしたものの、形式上は敗者となった、直、秋山、フクナガの3人は、他のメンバーを救済する為、巨額の負債を抱え、敗者復活戦の会場に向かった。会場は、とある廃校。対するは、新たなる敵・“西軍”の3人。負ければ負債を背負ったまま、LGTから離脱となる…。敗退は絶対に許されない、凄絶な緊張感漂う背水の戦いで直たちを待ち受ける驚愕のゲームとは…!?

Not sure if you know about this firefox add on called rikaichan. All you gotta do is turn it on and it'll translate all those kanjis for you, when you hover over them.

I learn Japanese at my school. I have learned it for 3 years - I know my Hirogana characters fluently, but my Katagana was learned last year, so I suck at it.

Does anyone know a website that could help me remember the Katagana characters better?

It's funny because my teacher said I'm one the smart kids in my class, but I'm actually quite dumb.

Not sure if you know about this firefox add on called rikaichan. All you gotta do is turn it on and it'll translate all those kanjis for you, when you hover over them.

ohh, i don't have firefox, but rikai does have a website. i knew of rikai, but didn't know it had that kinda function 'cause i never visit it, haha. thanks. now i can kinda decipher the paragraphs. :)

dmph - erm, i don't mean to nitpick, but those characters are actually called hiragana and katakana. as for memorizing katakana, you'll probably be able to find something to help you memorize them if you just type "katakana memorization" or something to that effect into a search engine. i got this site doing just that: http://memorizable.com/Japanese_Katakana

I learn Japanese at my school. I have learned it for 3 years - I know my Hiragana characters fluently, but my Katakana was learned last year, so I suck at it.

Does anyone know a website that could help me remember the Katakana characters better?

It's funny because my teacher said I'm one the smart kids in my class, but I'm actually quite dumb.

:sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

I had to. D:

Guest HELLOWORLD ☆

I've been self-studying Japanese for about a year now :)

I'm thinking about taking classes next year, but I can't really find any good ones.

Can anybody recommend a good Kanji learning book?

Guest luckyclover

みんなこんにちは~

Hello everyonee~

私はありなでーす。

I'm Arina.

あたし日本人けど。。日本語はよく出来ない^^; (ゴメン!)

I'm japanese but im not that good at it^^; (sorry!)

とにかく。。 みんなよろしくね^^

Anyways... nice to meet you guys^^

I'm thinking about taking classes next year, but I can't really find any good ones.

I'm not sure if you can get this, because it's really old... but the one i use is A Guide to Reading and Writing Japanese (当用漢字) by the Charles E. Tuttle company. It's really for learning/looking up kanji~

Guest sincerelydolly

Could someone translate this song title for me?

未来図

Thank you!

未来 these two mean future [mirai]

and I think this kanji 図 means something like drawing/picture

so I'm concluding with future drawing/picture? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. LOL. :X

I use

2118035957_e1768d6a8b.jpg

It's pretty simple to use and it shows you the stroke order and stuff which is important. I like it but I don't know if it's considered good? Just a recommendation. :)

I'm going to be studying abroad in two months and I'm HORRIBLE at memorizing Kanji. I struggle with memorizing the character, the ways you say it, AND its english definition, all of which I put on a flash card and stare at. Does anyone have suggestions to how to study kanji?

Flash cards are a good way to study as long as it's not your only way of studying. Try reading simple things, seeing the kanji used in context will help you memorize them faster, because learning them in isolation can cause problems sometimes (such as making yourself learn readings that are almost never used, etc.). The kanji learning books mentioned above would be good too as long as they have example sentences that use the character. There are also a few websites that have been listed which would be helpful for reading practice.

When I was a young grasshoppa I used some kanji book by Henshall, but I don't remember if it was actually good or not..mostly I just read simple things then worked my way up.

But now that I think about it maybe you'd be better off with a textbook like Genki which will work on all the skills?

Guest cielaurel

林檎さんはなぜ英語でとても流暢であるか。

Does that make sense? Did I word it right?

I am trying to say, why is Ringo-san's english so fluent.

Oh! How do you say... 'I've always been wondering' ?

Thank you in advance. :)

林檎さんはなぜ英語でとても流暢であるか。

Does that make sense? Did I word it right?

I am trying to say, why is Ringo-san's english so fluent.

Oh! How do you say... 'I've always been wondering' ?

Thank you in advance. :)

リンゴさんはどうしてこんなに英語が話せるんですか?

ringo-san wa doush!te konna ni eigo ga hanaseru n desu ka?

how you say "I've always been wondering" depends what you're going to say after it since it's not a complete sentence.

ずっと思ってたことなんですが ......

zutto omotteta koto nan desu ga, dot dot dot...

Archived