Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

Guest akira53

Any good websites for a beginner to start reading/writing Hiragana/Katakana? ^^;; And how to write words.

http://www.coscom.co.jp/index.html is a good site to learn the hiragana and katakana. I used this site when I first started learning.

This will probably be useful..it was like 4 posts above yours.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest orangecake

orangecake says:

I'm not too sure about the meaning of "waka" itself.

But, "waka" is sometimes used to address someone.

This is "waka-sama", it's shorten ( ? ) for "Prince".

Especially in historical TV series, sons of higher ranking people like generals are called "waka-sama" or "waka".

It's not used in daily life in Japan, but is used in a special occasion or for a specific industry..

something like that.

訳してくれて、ありがとう~ :lol:

マイボス☆マイヒーローで出てきたなら、この意味で間違いないんだ。

あれはまさに「特殊な業界」の話だから。 B)

Guest Debussy

I'm pretty fluent in Japanese, lol, and mostly with the help of shoujo manga with furigana. The only problem is my kanji. I nearly died when Clover was moved to Chorus magazine, because I can read only about 10 kanji :/

Anybody have any suggestions on how to memorize kanji? Or a good site for learning the basics of kanji????

thx.

Guest liljewelz

I'm actually wanting to learn Japanese. Does anyone know any good websites to get me started? The first few websites in the first page didn't help much ^^;; I want to know how the Hiragana/Katakana characters are read more than how to write them. I'm Korean by the way, I can learn either in English and Korean but most preferably English :)

What I've been using lately is Japanese Pod 101.com. You have to pay for the written content (which is so worth it, but also expensive) BUT all of the audio lessons are archived and those are free to listen to on your computer. The most recent lessons are also available as Podcasts on iTunes. The lessons are so fun, they switch it up, it's not just listen and repeat, so I really recommend it!

Guest kuroioshare

Hey, みんなさん!

みんな元気?

Anyways!

I was wondering if someone could please tell me what かな means! Not かな that refers to hiragana, katakana, kanji etc, but like

in the phrase 「Crazyかな??」

Hey, みんなさん!

みんな元気?

Anyways!

I was wondering if someone could please tell me what かな means! Not かな that refers to hiragana, katakana, kanji etc, but like

in the phrase 「Crazyかな??」

it means 'i wonder'

Crazyかな - I wonder if he's crazy

Can also use かね

and women sometimes use かしら (crazyかしら)

Guest rikuu

When I'm using -wa as a marker, do I use 「わ」or 「は」?

I know this 「わ」is the actual character for -wa, but I've seen sentences during introduction where people use 「は」.

What's the difference? O___O

Guest akira53

When I'm using -wa as a marker, do I use 「わ」or 「は」?

I know this 「わ」is the actual character for -wa, but I've seen sentences during introduction where people use 「は」.

What's the difference? O___O

は is a particle wa which marks the topic in a sentence.

わ is just the character

わたしは。。。

Watashi wa...

Guest dr jung

When you say: "I have to (do something)" I know there's a polite way, right? ("...nakereba naranai")

But what if you're just talking to friends? Isn't it something like "...nakya?"

you can stop at -nakya or

you can add -ikenai

Guest azuGurl

みんなの日本語チョーうまい!

私は今日本に住んでて、留学生だ。もう4ヶ月を過ごして、来年1月にオーストラリアに帰る。日本に来てから、忙しくなったから、久しぶりにsoompiに戻った。。。だんだん、毎日、私の日本語を少しずつうまくなって、嬉しいだ。だが、文歩や漢字はまだへただ。

日本語を習うのために、何かいい方法をなんとなくだけ分かる。みんな、どうすればよいのを知れば、教えてくださっていい?例えば、テレビを見ることか、ラジオを聞くことか、自習をすることとか。。。(i.e. what worked best for you?)  

ところで、私は、日本にいる間にたくさんブログするつもりだ。このリンク<Click here> My life in Japan... をクリックと、見える。英語で書いてて、写真がいっぱいある =)

でわ、よろしくお願いします :)

If there's anything weird with my grammar, could somebody correct that too? Thanks in advance :)

Guest kuhat

can someone help me translate this:

moshi kashitara, watashi wa anata o suki ni natte shimau kamoshirenai ?

if you do, thanks a bunch =)

Guest rikuu

は is a particle wa which marks the topic in a sentence.

わ is just the character

わたしは。。。

Watashi wa...

Thank you very much! ^ ^

By the way, what does「私は」mean? I've seen it around a billion times, like in azuGurl's post too.

But I don't know the actual meaning and how to pronounce it. Thank you once again! ^ ^

Guest VitaDolce*

Who wants to teach me japanese language ?

I want to learn so bad. I have the audio

tutorials but I want to learn how to write ...

Maybe simple ones first .. ><

Guest Debussy
can someone help me translate this:

moshi kashitara, watashi wa anata o suki ni natte shimau kamoshirenai ?

if you do, thanks a bunch =)

it basically means, perhaps/maybe I have fallen in love with you.

Heaven 09, to learn how to write, it'd be best if you purchase some pratice hiragana/kana books. It shows you step by step how to write out the strokes, and leaves you spaces to practice.

I can try to find some tutorials for you...

みんなの日本語チョーうまい!

私は今日本に住んでて、留学生だ。もう4ヶ月を過ごして、来年1月にオーストラリアに帰る。日本に来てから、忙しくなったから、久しぶりにsoompiに戻った。。。だんだん、毎日、私の日本語を少しずつうまくなって、嬉しいだ。だが、文歩や漢字はまだへただ。

日本語を習うのために、何かいい方法をなんとなくだけ分かる。みんな、どうすればよいのを知れば、教えてくださっていい?例えば、テレビを見ることか、ラジオを聞くことか、自習をすることとか。。。(i.e. what worked best for you?)  

ところで、私は、日本にいる間にたくさんブログするつもりだ。このリンク<Click here> My life in Japan... をクリックと、見える。英語で書いてて、写真がいっぱいある =)

でわ、よろしくお願いします :)

'

習う方法って人にもよるけど、せっかく日本にいるんだから遠慮なく一生懸命日本人と話したりするように頑張った方がたしかだと思います、、漢字とかはオーストラリアにいるときでもいつでも勉強できるもんだし、必ず先生がいなきゃならないってわけでもないですから。テレビを見たりすることも聞き取れる力に役に立つけど、やっぱり最も必要なのは話せるかどうかってことだと思います。 とにかく帰国してから日本に半年以上もいたことがあるって経験があるから、また大学ででも日本語の授業を取ればきっとそういう経験をしてない人よりずっと優れるはず : ]

さて、ちょっと訂正させてもらいます!

文歩 -> 文法 「ぶんぽ」じゃなくて「ぶんぽう」 

嬉しいだ -> 「嬉しい」だけで良い、または「嬉しいです」、でも「嬉しいだ」「楽しいだ」「忙しいだ」とかは言わない

素晴らしい日本語 : D

Archived