• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest auroralbutterfly

Hi everyone~~

Question question question =D!

I'm practicing saying this word: otsukaresamadesu

&& I'm having trouble with the word ending o__o

when we pronounce the ending, '-desu', does people usually say 'desss' (stressing the 's' only), 'des-eh' (like an 'eh' or 'uh' at the end), or 'des-oo' (like pronouncing the 'su')?

Thanks!

Guest akira53

Hi everyone~~

Question question question =D!

I'm practicing saying this word: otsukaresamadesu

&& I'm having trouble with the word ending o__o

when we pronounce the ending, '-desu', does people usually say 'desss' (stressing the 's' only), 'des-eh' (like an 'eh' or 'uh' at the end), or 'des-oo' (like pronouncing the 'su')?

Thanks!

Usually when you pronounce "desu" the su part isn't said...so like in your first example "desss", that would be the common way.

Guest randykiyoshi

始めまして皆さん。 (^-^*)

私は 日本語がとくいではわないので、日本語を 練習します。 o(^^o)(o^^)o わくわく

Guest akira53

Expiration date is...しょうみきげん or しょうみきけん?

And when using this counter: にっしゅるい、ろっくしゅるい etc what are you counting? I'm guessing it means a variety of things...that's the counter I use when describing the 6 different flavors of things we have in the store.

Expiration date is...しょうみきげん or しょうみきけん?

And when using this counter: にっしゅるい、ろっくしゅるい etc what are you counting? I'm guessing it means a variety of things...that's the counter I use when describing the 6 different flavors of things we have in the store.

賞味期限

期限 = always きげん so しょうみきげん is right

しゅるい is counting kinds of things or types of things, so if you use it with icecream you're saying you have 6 types of ice cream or 6 kinds

Guest dopemills

Recently I bought this ice cream mix to try out but my Japanese is kinda limited.

Could anyone correct me or add on anything I miss while trying to interpret the steps?

TIA.

8c51deaabb626465a34f3b155d84fba9.jpg

1) Add 3/4 Cup of cold milk and egg yolk into the bowl and mix together.

2) Add in the ice cream mix, mix until the mixture thickens(?) for 2min. *I'm not too sure about the parts in blue* I'm guessing it says: if the mixture does not mix well, add in cold water?

3) Put in the freezer for 3hours or more. Serve.

Guest akira53

what does tokiniwa mean??

and sugoi (su-goy) is there such a word?

I think the first one is "by the way..."

Guest stopthemadness

Could someone translate "You're a genius!" and "What's your problem?" to romaji please? XD I need it for a fic.

Are there any free online English to romaji translators? I can't download anything since my computer sucks. ;_;

Guest calcifer

Could someone translate "You're a genius!" and "What's your problem?" to romaji please? XD I need it for a fic.

Are there any free online English to romaji translators? I can't download anything since my computer sucks. ;_;

sure ok!

you're genius = anata wa tensai desu

what's your problem = naniga attano desuka? (direct translation would be "naniga mondai desuka?" but it sounds a bit strange)

:)

Guest stopthemadness

sure ok!

you're genius = anata wa tensai desu

what's your problem = naniga attano desuka? (direct translation would be "naniga mondai desuka?" but it sounds a bit strange)

:)

Thanks!! ^.^

what does tokiniwa mean??

tokiniwa means 'sometimes', it's written 時には if that helps (時 is the character for time, 1時 is 1 o'clock, 3時間 is 3 hours, etc)

Recently I bought this ice cream mix to try out but my Japanese is kinda limited.

Could anyone correct me or add on anything I miss while trying to interpret the steps?

Hey your translation looks great, number 2 says to add in a bag of mix and mix in the powder with the milk and stir until it turns thick. Use a beater or electronic mixer (on medium speed setting) for two minutes to do that

And I think the part in blue means that if it doesn't work (if it doesn't become thick) then you should put the bowl in cold water (氷水にあてて), not put cold water in the bowl, because it will help the mixture become thicker faster I suppose. but maybe calcifer先生 or someone could help clarify お願いします :]

How do you say.

Thank You For This Opportunity.

こんな機会をくださってありがとうございました

konna kikai o kudasatte arigatou gozaimashita

Guest BabyK

Hey guys. How do you saythis in Japanese?

Ugh! You pervert. So dirty minded.

And did I say this right?

Aishiteru koibito (I love you sweetheart)

Guest tokyo_chick

tokiniwa means 'sometimes', it's written 時には if that helps (時 is the character for time, 1時 is 1 o'clock, 3時間 is 3 hours, etc)

Hey your translation looks great, number 2 says to add in a bag of mix and mix in the powder with the milk and stir until it turns thick. Use a beater or electronic mixer (on medium speed setting) for two minutes to do that

And I think the part in blue means that if it doesn't work (if it doesn't become thick) then you should put the bowl in cold water (氷水にあてて), not put cold water in the bowl, because it will help the mixture become thicker faster I suppose. but maybe calcifer先生 or someone could help clarify お願いします :]

こんな機会をくださってありがとうございました

konna kikai o kudasatte arigatou gozaimashita

Thank You.... :)

Guest calcifer

Hey guys. How do you saythis in Japanese?

Ugh! You pervert. So dirty minded.

And did I say this right?

Aishiteru koibito (I love you sweetheart)

tabun... :unsure:

mooo! hentai! anntatte hentai janai?!!!>.< (but this is a girl's way of saying)

aishiteru koibito is alright...but we don't usually say "koibito" to the gf/bf or your belove so...maybe "aishiteru watashi no aisuru hito" but this may sound a bit formal, so

"aishiteru daisuki na hito" ?? maybe... :rolleyes:

Guest Crystal-Jade

How would you say & write "I want to walk into the fields of summer with you....".

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Archived