Buying Things In CHINA!

Guest erica

well if u go to those markets or small stores

get the price to at least 1/3 of the selling price

with clothes it might be realli different though

like i got these Miss Sixty's pants, the selling price was 980RMB, but my uncle got it down to 100RMB

they stopped at 150RMB, so my uncle's gone we don't want it then. and we went onto another store, and 5 mins later, they come running to us with the pants and said they'll sell it to us for 100RMB.........lol

so just walk away and hopefully they'll come chasing after u....lol

have fun

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Princesscharm

I'm going to China this February, and I hope to get great deals! :) it is said that items are really priced very low there.

Guest hey...erm...you

i am sorry if this doesn't have to do with the topic, but when is shoppping month or the time of lots of sales in china/hong kong? to those whom answer, thanks in advance! :D

Guest poorlostsoul

i dont know about the rest of china

but in shanghai always half the price they tell u and u'll usually get it....or sometimes even less....

and learn how to be a local - esp. in shanghai...shanghainese people ripppp u off SO MUCh if yr not a local!!

Guest ty_vee

Almost all posters had said what I was thinking.

Well, don't be easily dragged down with the yelling, yell back if you know the language. Act tough when buying clothes, tougher better. Show off like you're exprerienced in buying things :P

It's hard to find original DVDs in China. Took lots of effort. If it's possible, ask to try it out before paying.

Shopping time should be summer vacation. Around July or August. Esp when buying retails.

Guest ___orangelicious

Not get ripped off? Speak little english, bargain like crazy, and don't act too interested =)

Guest tru__minute

okay just a warning, but i heard dvds / cds / movies are the most risky things to purchase because they're pirated.

don't act too interested. and do as much bargaining as possible. if it's not low enough, leave. they'll come after you =3

Archived