XBOX 360 thread

Guest hawaiingkid

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CK92842

Am I the only one not entirely impressed with Gears 2. I've been playing it at work the passed few days and it's still "eh," much like the last game.

At least the MP aspect is better.

Playing it alone I could see it being a bore but on or offline co-op should be fun. How's horde mode treating you?

Call of Duty5 is soooo good. The demo's up for grabs on marketplace. Best game next to Halo3 :)

the thing about Call of Duty 5 Multi-Player setup is that it's the same thing as Call of Duty 4's MP setup lol..

the only thing I think I will like about the game is that survival mode after you beat the sing campaign but hey Gears 2 has horde mode which is almost the same lol..

Guest CK92842

Call of Duty5 is soooo good. The demo's up for grabs on marketplace. Best game next to Halo3 :)

Wow that's the first time I heard that. If you think World at War was good then do yourself a favor and check out Call of Duty 4. Best in the series and it's leaps and bounds better than World at War.

Also I knew this would happen, I still have no Left 4 Dead keycode after pre-ordering. -_-

Guest CK92842

Picking it up in an hour or two and I hear the campaign is about 7 hours. I'll probably be playing horde mode most of the time and in other news Gamestop e-mailed me the Left 4 Dead keycode and the game is alright. Only 2 levels are playable and the demo weighs in at 1.3GB.

I'm going to pick up Gears after I get off school... I'll be playing the campaign until my friend gets off work then we're going to play Horde mode or MP..

edit:

so I got it and to my surprise I got the gold-plated hammerburst and I didn't even have to go to the Midnight Launch :D of course not a lot of people go to that Gamestop to buy games anyways and that's why I got it there xD.. I also got the free Gears 2 Gamestop theme

now it's time for me to play :)

I'm going to pick up Gears after I get off school... I'll be playing the campaign until my friend gets off work then we're going to play Horde mode or MP..

edit:

so I got it and to my surprise I got the gold-plated hammerburst and I didn't even have to go to the Midnight Launch :D of course not a lot of people go to that Gamestop to buy games anyways and that's why I got it there xD.. I also got the free Gears 2 Gamestop theme

now it's time for me to play :)

Haha yeah, I got the gold hammer burst too and I didn't go to the MRP. There seems to be a problem with downloading the gold lancer though.

Guest sam sik

God I don't have enough time to play these games! Why do they all have to come out at the same time!

-Fable 2 (finished but it's horrible, Fable 1 was more enjoyable)

-Fallout 3 (long, absolutely no time, but good game)

-GOW2 (worth a rent, GOW1 was a let down and this one looks the same)

-Farcry 2 (buying for $35, heard it's amazing)

LOL did anyone notice that all the top games this year are SEQUELS?

Guest CK92842

Haha yeah, I got the gold hammer burst too and I didn't go to the MRP. There seems to be a problem with downloading the gold lancer though.

Same here, I was surprised when I went to Blockbuster to pick up my pre-ordered copy. So these new items are restricted to online multiplayer then eh?

Also is it just me or does the game feel even heavier? :huh:

@jonogunn

Sent you a PM regarding XBL Gold trial.

Guest res0nate

God I don't have enough time to play these games! Why do they all have to come out at the same time!

-Fable 2 (finished but it's horrible, Fable 1 was more enjoyable)

-Fallout 3 (long, absolutely no time, but good game)

-GOW2 (worth a rent, GOW1 was a let down and this one looks the same)

-Farcry 2 (buying for $35, heard it's amazing)

FarCry isn't a sequel, it just uses the name and engine. The game isn't that good though.

I'm still not 'wowed' by Gears, I like it but I had expectations and it's just... fun. I'm gonna sit through some more games of MP though.

Same here, I was surprised when I went to Blockbuster to pick up my pre-ordered copy. So these new items are restricted to online multiplayer then eh?

Also is it just me or does the game feel even heavier? :huh:

@jonogunn

Sent you a PM regarding XBL Gold trial.

The game does feel a tad heavier. They improved little details like swaying to a side when turning. The game feels less response in certain times as well as overresponsive. I've found myself sometimes jumping over barricades when I don't want to or shooting behind people because of the now slower reaction shotgun.

FarCry isn't a sequel, it just uses the name and engine. The game isn't that good though.

I'm still not 'wowed' by Gears, I like it but I had expectations and it's just... fun. I'm gonna sit through some more games of MP though.

The multiplayer is disappointing.

Here's why I don't like about GOW2 multiplayer

-Grenade wall sticking, this isn't Call of Duty, we don't stick claymores around corners.

-Smoke grenades make some cheap stun grenades.

-Why the hell can't I leave during a match?

-WTF is with the point system? 700 pts for 4 kills and 1 down?

The only things down right

-Matchmaking

^ Grenade wall sticking is best for Horde mode :).. and btw Horde mode with friends is awesome xD

I hate my friend for getting into the NXE preview thing <_<

Guest negitoro

Isn't that always the case these days?

What's scarier is that the company releasing high quality NON-sequel games is Electronic Arts.

Archived