korean economy

Guest moonk379

Guest moonk379
is it really that hard to get a job there?
i was wonderin ppl say economy is so bad and gettin a job there is so hard... is that true? cuz i wanna move there and i wanna work and stuff but not sure if its good idea or not

Guest supa'Wanki

Well, if you're multi-lingual, I'll say it is a slight easier for you, but.. besides that, yes it is very very hard.

Guest H1PP0

yes. there are so many people living in that tiny space. thts why they are so competitive. its a matter of SURVIVAL

Guest debbbbby

im at korea right now.

all i know is that you have to study mad hard.

my cousin is only in 1st grade and she studies like shes in 9th grade.

but my aunts in korea told me that its easier to get a job if you speak english and korean well.

Guest JangNaraSarang

my korean friend said that if you wanna work a crappy part-time job, the pay is very bad...like couple bux an hour, i think the minimum wage is very low

Australia's economy is smaller than South Korea's. Does that kinda help?

Japan is 2nd in the world but you still have people with college degrees working in 7-11s. They may have great economies but they're both having problems right now with employement and the 'work culture' in general

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 말라카

Australia's economy is smaller than South Korea's. Does that kinda help?

I'm thinking austrailia's standard of living is generally better though.

Guest xmichelle

Korea's economy is actually pretty bad.

There's a lot of people without jobs and are homeless, and a lot of smart people living life with really Crappy jobs.

You need resources to get through life. You have to know people and stuff. :D

If you speak english (fluently), it's a big plus, but you have to be extremely fluent in korean as well.

Degrees are a must for any well to do job, unless you're going into hard labor or sales.

If you're good enough at english/korean, you might be able to tutor for some money, that's what I'm planning to do next time I go to Korea.

As for living there, buying houses and apartments are pretty expensive. Compares to living prices here. & I live in southern CA, where housing is very high. (unless you want to live in like the country -_-) [시골]

You could have a roomate and split costs, and renting is pretty cheap, so you could do that.

Or you could live w/another family. (하숙) That's pretty cheap as well, if you're comfortable with living with other people. They also take care of food and laundry (etc.) for a bit more money, so that's convenient.

Guest koralex90

These days, English+Korean speakers are losing their touch. Now they are looking for people who speak English, Korean, as well as Chinese. Chinese is becoming a trend in Korea being the 2nd most studied language after English. With degrees and knowledge of these three languages, your bound to get a decent job. :)

Archived