Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest xradiostatic

i took a screen shot of the page last night:

mapthesoulscrnsht2.png

after 2 hours of refreshing, i finally got through and posted how many copies i wanted on the message board.

the site is down this morning. hopefully they're in the process of getting more bandwidth. i guess they weren't expecting an overflow. XD

Guest snail.

Are they taking Paypal, too or only credit card ? T_T

Tablo's Fanclub Rap (Eng. Subbed)

Album Information

The CD portion of <魂: Map the Soul> contains 10 tracks, with guest appearances by some of the hottest hip hop musicians in Korea and abroad. The Bay Area artist Kero One (creator of Remix Magazine‟s Album of the Year, praised by the likes of Common and Talib Kweli), the one-man band MYK (acclaimed for his work on previous Epik High albums), and 8 of Korea‟s top underground emcees all join into the mix, making this album a hip hop classic.

1. Believe (Produced by: Loptimist, Written by: Tablo, Mithra)

The opening track. Over Loptimist‟s (known for his work with K-otix and Jedi Mind Tricks) rugged beat, Epik High spits an empowering message, saying, “If we did it, you can too.” With the philosophy that revolution begins with one step, it is a song that pats the backs of all who struggle to keep their dreams alive.

2. Cipher (Produced by: Beatbox DG, Written by: Tablo, Mithra, MYK)

Korea‟s number one beatboxer DG and Epik High collaborate on this freestyle track. It‟s a jam session that celebrates the human voice.

3. Map the Soul (Produced by: DJ Tukutz, Written by: Tablo, Mithra)

The album‟s first single. It‟s a song that speaks about love, nature, and faith. In the music of this day and age, it is increasingly difficult to discover a sincere message that speaks to one‟s soul. What is it that people really need? Is it really just about material and physical desires? This is a song that invites you to question the man in the mirror. On this track, Epik High talks about those immortal things that can cure a torn soul… whispering, “No reason to live without you.”

4. Customer Service (Skit)

5. Top Gun (Produced by: DJ Tukutz, Written by: Tablo, Mithra)

Mithra and Tukutz spit a battle rap over DJ Tukutz‟ funk-driven beat. Big rhythms, a deep bass and a sick flow… this is what classic hop hop is all about.

6. Scenario (피해망상 pt. 2) (Produced by: Tablo, Written by: Tablo, Mithra)

On this track, Epik High weaves together the titles of movies into a chilling story about hallucination and dementia.

7. London (Produced by: Tablo)\

An instrumental track inspired by the 2005 London subway bombings. The message is spoken in the hook: “Increase the peace.” It is a song dedicated to all victims of terror and war.

8. Free Music (Produced by: Pe2ny, Written by: Tablo, MYK)

This is a track that was originally given out for free (a couple of years back, on Tablo‟s personal homepage). On this remastered extended version, a new third verse was recorded. An entirely English track performed by Tablo and MYK.

9. Map the Soul [Worldwide Version] (Produced by: DJ Tukutz, Written by: Tablo, MYK, Kero One)

The international version of „Map the Soul‟. On this version, Tablo, MYK, and Kero One collaborate to send a message to hip hop fans all over the globe. This work, which will be the central track for Map the Soul‟s World Tour in April~May 2009, is already getting the attention of fans in the US, Japan and Europe.

10. 8 by 8, Part 2 [bonus Track] (Produced by: DJ Tukutz, Written by: Tablo, Mithra, MYK, Minos, Palo Alto, The Quiett, Verbal Jint, Kebee, E-Sens, Simon Dominic)

This is the second version of Epik High‟s hit track „8 by 8‟, featuring eight of Korea‟s top underground artists.

http://community.livejournal.com/epik_high...294.html#cutid1

Rofl, call me greedy if you want, but 10 tracks don't seem enough for me. One of them is a skit, so make it 9. But, this is way exciting !

Guest TheNStyle

i will tell u

that i can suf the MTS site

in 5 min be4 the site were down

i see 10 goods on the first page

there are

1. The latest album MTS 19500 won

2. The White with High Skool Original Logo T / WaterMelon Green [Limited 500]

3. The White with High Skool Original Logo T / Pencil Orange [Limited 500]

4. The White with High Skool Original Logo T / Baby Pink [Limited 500]

5. The White with Map The Soul Logo [Limited 500]

6. Piece Of You [Eng]

7. Piece Of You [Kor]

8. Soundtrack To A Lost Film

9. Lovecream

10. Piece, Part One

i guess the second page

there are all their old album

if u cant understand the words

sorry i'm not good english

but i wanna share what the thing i see

^^

Guest stardaisy212

:( the site is down. too much ppl on

anyways

6zsf4j.jpg

67tpas.jpg

2lmmc61.jpg:o look at all those High School T-Shirts i want oneeee

haha did u guys see the new clips on mapthesoul?

M & M :P

Guest eternal_bliss

ERGH!!!!

Dammit----the site is down!

I guess I'll settle for the youtube vids for now

I'm seriously refreshing every minute!!!

----

On the side note;

The pictures are so cute! 'Blo is getting old. He needs a wife.

I love how the international fans can now communicate with Epik High! <3 them!

Edit:

If you had the opportunity to collaborate with an American or European artist, who would that be?

Epik High: Black Eyed Peas, Daft Punk and Kanye West

I love Kanye West. That'd be amazing if they all worked together. But I wonder if they'd sound good?

Guest natnatnaz

Just 500 of every shirt???

That's going to get sold out fast...

I want them all but the money I saved up is only enough for the future concert ticket =(

Clips on the map the soul channel on youtube were hilarious!

Even though Blo said they're not doing this for the money, I really really hope the album sales will be over their expectations.

Guest xradiostatic

I love Kanye West. That'd be amazing if they all worked together. But I wonder if they'd sound good?

same here! i think they'd be able to make it work somehow. :]

i really want them to collab with lupe fiasco though. that'd be amazing. i think they'd mesh together perfectly.

Guest Tifa101

Mithra and MYK lol

does anyone know what song is playing when they're dancing at the beginning?

or is it a track on the new album?

Guest JANG.

fkdsjgdlfkgh. dang, i wonder how long it's gonna take before the site is back to normal,

and not over-flooded with people, haha. it's a good sign, so i won't complain.

but i'm so excited to log onto it once i'm able to view everything.

and like natnatnaz said, i seriously hope their album sales are even higher for this album.

they're doing so much to service their fans, and taking a lot of risks with this,

so i hope they get what they deserve in return. not even for the money, but just knowing that their fans

are still behind them with their decision to be an independent label, and start new.

but thanks to those of you that gave some updates!

i really want a high skool shirt, but only 500? ah, that's gonna be a fast seller.

those are available on the 27th right?

i absolutely love the cover and back of the album book.

and the detailed descriptions of the tracks make me that much more anxious to get it.

hopefully, i'll be able to view the site soon!

stardaisy212, thanks for posting those pictures!

blo + ghj = <3

and for those of you who haven't already - CHECK OUT THEIR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.

those new videos are must-sees, haha. especially their dance fails,

and tukutz getting boo-ed in the dumb & dumber freestyle. LOL.

my favorite is the fanclub rap though. that was the best.

Guest eternal_bliss

Even though Blo said they're not doing this for the money, I really really hope the album sales will be over their expectations.

and like natnatnaz said, i seriously hope their album sales are even higher for this album.

they're doing so much to service their fans, and taking a lot of risks with this,

so i hope they get what they deserve in return. not even for the money, but just knowing that their fans

are still behind them with their decision to be an independent label, and start new.

Agreed. They are after all, doing this for the fans so we're able to afford it. For once I can buy their CD without my parents telling me I'm wasting my money.

It's a great sacrifice that they're going completely independent, not just putting out one album on their own. Hopefully they'll be able to afford a tech savvy guy to help man the website. Or a better host for lots of traffic. Otherwise, I'm never going to be able to pre-order it. I'm probably not helping by refreshing the site every time I'm online. And they probably can't spare too much money. That just makes me love them more.

----

same here! i think they'd be able to make it work somehow. :]

i really want them to collab with lupe fiasco though. that'd be amazing. i think they'd mesh together perfectly.

What about Linkin Park? Or Fort Minor? ( Mike Shinoda). I've heard a couple of people tell me that'd be cool. I wonder?

----

On the side note: anyone get the chance to before the site crashed?

Guest v3rmillion

hmm, I'm getting the website overflow error. :/ but I'll wait and see.

and they're selling Tablo's book on the site? ahh, I have so many questions related to.. shipping costs 8D and currency b/c everything I'm seeing right now is in Korean won. :/

ditto that. :]

Guest xradiostatic

What about Linkin Park? Or Fort Minor? ( Mike Shinoda). I've heard a couple of people tell me that'd be cool. I wonder?

----

On the side note: anyone get the chance to before the site crashed?

yeah i think they'd be good together too! my cousin listened to "the future" today and thought the beat sounded like something mike shinoda would rap over.

i got to post on the message board around 3am central standard time. only 6 people had posted though. DDD:

seems like the site is still down too...

Omg I can't believe the site had problems cause too many ppl accessed it ahahaha. Man this is scary! I gotta get up my order fast then..what if it outs sold out. I totally love Epik High & map the soul...I hope they sell posters on the site too.

Guest mkayimcherry

we killed the site D:

haha, it's good to know that there are so many epik high supporters who are willing to buy the album

I really can't wait to pre-order it though

Map the Soul<3

Guest Jenny1430266544

BLARGGGGH frig i did not realize that the site was up even for that split second before it got completely rampaged by fans... all i see is the error

I WANT THOSE HIGH SKOOL TSHIRTS!! *DIES*.

ahem.

so right after the mapthesoul youtube account put up their 3rd video (the one that came with the 3.27 release date info), i messaged the mapthesoul youtube account just for the hell of it and ACTUALLY GOT A REPLY THE NEXT DAY from the mapthesoul account (i like to presume it is tablo, because i see him doing the english stuff).

**edited because my own whininess in this post annoyed me: basically, does anyone know what the f the deal is with this "log onto youtube with your gmail account!" thing is? i did so and i can no longer access my old account, because it automatically created a new one! UGH, severely annoyed.

basically: epik high actually reads these messages, and replies back.

++++

hi tablo, tukutz and mithra,

i'm a 19-year-old korean-canadian fan from vancouver/toronto, canada. i just want to tell you guys that i really like what you are doing (producing albums independently, coming up with a book/album concept, distributing it solely through your site and creating everything to be bilingual). such activity is so unprecedented in kpop (or in the music world in general) that i really must congratulate you guys on your bravery. you guys were always set apart from the rest of (largely inane mainstream) kpop, but honestly, you guys couldn't be any more ballsy. i can only think of radiohead and their in rainbows album as an example of something even remotely on the same level. i sincerely applaud you in your creativity in breaking the mold of the system.

i've been a hardcore/obsessive music fan since the age of 14, and only discovered korean music less than a year ago when i rediscovered my own culture by paying a long-overdue visit to my homeland (i have been in canada since i was 9). i found with kpop that like music in any country, the good music is often the obscure kind. but you guys, as mainstream artists, defy that pretentious assumption. i have so much respect for each of you. i discovered epic high with the release of lovescream (i listened to the s*** out of this album) and now map the soul is my most anticipated album of the year, if not the last few years, as i have been disillusioned by the music scene in general for what seems to be a very long time.

thanks so much for giving me the feeling of anticipating for an album all over again. i haven't felt this since... i can't remember. this is all so exciting.

much love

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

jenny lee

toronto, canada

+++++++++++++++

Thank you for your kind words Jenny. We have put a lot of work into this whole concept and reading e-mails like this give us the courage and energy to pull all-nighters as we have been doing for the last 3 months.

+++++

ps. sorry for this spam-like post. i needed to vent.

Guest krnonthak0b

Omg I can't believe the site had problems cause too many ppl accessed it ahahaha. Man this is scary! I gotta get up my order fast then..what if it outs sold out. I totally love Epik High & map the soul...I hope they sell posters on the site too.

lol my fears as well!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im c hecking every moment i can to see when it gets back up so i dont miss out on the album AHHHHH the tension!!! ANTICIPATION!!! ITS KEEEELING MEEEEEE

BLARGGGGH frig i did not realize that the site was up even for that split second before it got completely rampaged by fans... all i see is the error

I WANT THOSE HIGH SKOOL TSHIRTS!! *DIES*.

ahem.

so right after the mapthesoul youtube account put up their 3rd video (the one that came with the 3.27 release date info), i messaged the mapthesoul youtube account just for the hell of it and ACTUALLY GOT A REPLY THE NEXT DAY from the mapthesoul account (i like to presume it is tablo, because i see him doing the english stuff). UGHH BUT: i logged into youtube yesterday and there was something about being able to log in with either youtube or google account, so i logged in with my gmail because i assumed that the two accounts would be "merged"... AND NOW I LOST MY OLD YOUTUBE ACCOUNT! it's so stupid, all my subscriptions and favourites and inbox are empty, even when i log in with my youtube username, it goes straight to the new account. WTF!!! does anyone else have this problem?? i'm so pissed because what if i get more messages in that account? i can't access it KSDLJFL:SDJF:LSDJFLSDjlfjaslgjsljflwef ugh.

THANKFULLY, i copied and pasted it and sent it to seoulbeats through facebook right after i got the reply from the mapthesoul youtube account, so i was able to salvage the dear correspondence i had with epik high. below is my fangirly message followed by mapthesoul's reply. i replied BACK, but that's lost now because of this stupid stupid youtube/google thing i explained above (that probably makes no sense).

++++

i'm a 19-year-old korean-canadian fan from vancouver/toronto, canada. i just want to tell you guys that i really like what you are doing (producing albums independently, coming up with a book/album concept, distributing it solely through your site and creating everything to be bilingual). such activity is so unprecedented in kpop (or in the music world in general) that i really must congratulate you guys on your bravery. you guys were always set apart from the rest of (largely inane mainstream) kpop, but honestly, you guys couldn't be any more ballsy. i can only think of radiohead and their in rainbows album as an example of something even remotely on the same level. i sincerely applaud you in your creativity in breaking the mold of the system.

i've been a hardcore/obsessive music fan since the age of 14, and only discovered korean music less than a year ago when i rediscovered my own culture by paying a long-overdue visit to my homeland (i have been in canada since i was 9). i found with kpop that like music in any country, the good music is often the obscure kind. but you guys, as mainstream artists, defy that pretentious assumption. i have so much respect for each of you. i discovered epic high with the release of lovescream (i listened to the mini cooper out of this album) and now map the soul is my most anticipated album of the year, if not the last few years, as i have been disillusioned by the music scene in general for what seems to be a very long time.

thanks so much for giving me the feeling of anticipating for an album all over again. i haven't felt this since... i can't remember. this is all so exciting.

much love

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

jenny lee

toronto, canada

+++++++++++++++

Thank you for your kind words Jenny. We have put a lot of work into this whole concept and reading e-mails like this give us the courage and energy to pull all-nighters as we have been doing for the last 3 months.

+++++

OMG OMG OMG OMG CAN I SCREAM LIKE A FANGIRL FOR YOUUU?!?!?! lol shoot i wish i had some form of correspondence with anyone i respect and look up to!!! that's friggin awesome and anyways i can't wait for this freaking site to go back up AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest xradiostatic

++++

i've been a hardcore/obsessive music fan since the age of 14, and only discovered korean music less than a year ago when i rediscovered my own culture by paying a long-overdue visit to my homeland (i have been in canada since i was 9). i found with kpop that like music in any country, the good music is often the obscure kind. but you guys, as mainstream artists, defy that pretentious assumption. i have so much respect for each of you. i discovered epic high with the release of lovescream (i listened to the mini cooper out of this album) and now map the soul is my most anticipated album of the year, if not the last few years, as i have been disillusioned by the music scene in general for what seems to be a very long time.

much love

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

jenny lee

toronto, canada

+++++++++++++++

+++++

AAAAAH WHAT?! THAT IS AWESOME.

omg. it's so amazing to me that they're reaching out to the fans so much.

Guest cosmiclatte

I didn't get to access the site T___T

37814279.jpg

47279918.jpg

But it was an awesome day because it was my birthday too xD

I hope they sell amazingly!

"Map the Soul" preview!