Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest papasmurf

Fan = extremely enjoying works of a particular group or person.

And no, Epik High makes music to spread their emotions in their songs. Not for $$.

Thus, as said, Tablo is angry about the "leaks" not about the album profits.

It's true that artists are out there to express their creativity and "emotions" through their works. However, they are also there to support themselves financially. Tablo is upset not only because someone wrongfully "stole" their songs that they put so much of effort and hours on but also because they lost a huge sum of profit of it. Do not be so naive to think that it is impossible for him to be upset even a slight a bit over money issue. Singers are there to earn money through their works and performances. If a fan is defined as the definition as you did above, don't you think that it is the least the "fans" can do for the artists by buying their works (since they love them so much) out of courtesy and decency?

They are not here to do some charity/volunteer work by providing great songs for nothing in return.

Guest tsukemene123

Wow... This thread just exploded since the album came out, haha. Not that I'm complaining!

Anyway, the whole album is breathtaking; I've been listening to it nonstop and fell asleep to "Be" last night. "One" is amazing, as is the MV. Greatttt great job.

Guest whohungjen?

i have not been on here for AGES

but i just watched the ONE and Breakdown perfs on musicbank

myyygosh they are amazing.

i cant wait for my copy of pieces to come ^__^

one random thing (hahaa i used to ALWAYS COMMENT ON THIS)

tablo's hair....... ehhhhhh........... kinda... ODD.

edit:

oh i just noticed the whole kinda controversial thing going on

yea i think its totally fine for him to get mad

cmon this IS his career and this IS how they get MONEY.

ya, accept the fact that even though they're artists and great, this is the way they survive.

so buy the album or dont complain.

i'll admit i downloaded because i couldnt wait but i also ordered it.

Guest jafa100

I loooooove their new mv and song "ONE"!

Tablo is looking better than ever!

Very pretty the actress in the mv (Jung Ryeo Won ).

Someone (parkerlewiscantwin @ you tube) uploaded the mv on april 17th, and today april 18th the video has been favorite 798 times! and has 390 comments and 25 honors and 22,135 views(in just one day !) Amazing, isnt it?!

Gonna watch their live performance now ^^

i'll comeback to comment ^^

EDIT

Looooooove the comeback performance on music bank!

Time is tickin' time is tickin'!

They totally rocked !

What a comeback!

i can't get out of my head the melody of their song ONE!

Guest xsilentangel

Amazing new album

One is really good

I love their new looks!

Mithra looks GOODDDD

I'm not digging Tablo's hair that much but he still looks good.

I glad I have more Epik High songs to add to my collection

Guest cjgohan2003

Ayee, thank god they're back. I've been thirsting for more since "remapping the human soul".

Jung Ryeo Won looks great in "One".

Guest 0oyokisuo0

i am loving epik high's new album. i'm definately going to buy !!

anyone has the translation of the korean song titles?

i am loving epik high's new album. i'm definately going to buy !!

anyone has the translation of the korean song titles?

3. Seoul

5. Pencil Sharpener

14. Falling Blossoms

15. Umbrella

16. Your Pieces

bah.. I have an urge to listen to "Umbrella" as well as the rest of the songs, but I'm going to be patient and wait until my album comes.

edit:

I just thought of something I've been dying to know.

Does anyone know what "Décalcomanie" means?

Guest soCal girl

I ordered my copy online a couple days ago and can't wait for it to come in the mail!

I completely understand Tablo's frustration. To have people illegally download the music all three of them worked so hard on must be devastating.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

3. Seoul

5. Pencil Sharpener

14. Falling Blossoms

15. Umbrella

16. Your Pieces

bah.. I have an urge to listen to "Umbrella" as well as the rest of the songs, but I'm going to be patient and wait until my album comes.

edit:

thank you!!!!

Guest sam sik

It's true that artists are out there to express their creativity and "emotions" through their works. However, they are also there to support themselves financially. Tablo is upset not only because someone wrongfully "stole" their songs that they put so much of effort and hours on but also because they lost a huge sum of profit of it. Do not be so naive to think that it is impossible for him to be upset even a slight a bit over money issue. Singers are there to earn money through their works and performances. If a fan is defined as the definition as you did above, don't you think that it is the least the "fans" can do for the artists by buying their works (since they love them so much) out of courtesy and decency?

They are not here to do some charity/volunteer work by providing great songs for nothing in return.

the times have changed in the music world. Record dealers are getting the shaft when it comes to selling albums. There's nothing anyone can do about it either unless you happen to ban the internet or any other method of file sharing. It should have been expected by Epik High. In case he didn't notice, if anything, his previous albums and every artist around the world get their music "illegally" downloaded.

I am wrong about Tablo's character if he were to be effected that deeply over a sum of a million when he could very possibly earn that in little time. Concerts and Advertisements would bring that back easily. Bands like Muse, a ridiculously famous UK band, I know for a fact support internet downloading because they want their music out to the world.

And no, it may be that a true fan may have the whole discography bought from yesasia.com for over $100. But most people these days would rather pay $0 than $100, especially when 99% can't get caught. Yes, even "fans" would do that. Because regular fans just want the music. True fans want to be there for them. Look, this slight lack of money issue isn't going to harm Epik High out of business. Or put them in bankruptcy. They are fine to support themselves financially.

Incase you're worried about internet downloading, since I know that once you do something most others can't, you have pride in yourself, record dealers are struggling to find a way to deal with the illegal downloading.

But hey, I'm in Canada, it doesn't matter to me. I just want to listen to music, not buy a CD for $30 to serve a wonderful purpose of collecting dust. And just to prove that I'm not such a nasty human music enthusiast, I am a large fan of The GazettE, a Japanese Rock Band, nearly 5000 scrobbles on my last.fm. And it wasn't until I downloaded their music that I bought a few of their albums from a store. But eventually it turns out they were pirated but made to look real. So since I bought a pirated version without realizing it, am I forced to buy their REAL albums to support them?

And to further prove how badly I want to support Epik High, I have korean friends in Korea that have bought me 2 of their CDs for double the price. I downloaded their discography off the internet. But paid for Volume 4 and 3. Why? Because I personally support and appreciate their effort and work they put in for the 3rd and 4th volumes. I paid for the fact that their music in those albums entertained me.

Guest Yuna N.

Décalcomanie. If memory serves me right, I believe it`s some form of art / clay pot that is artisctically made and molded from abstract shapes. It`s delicate and, well yea, abstract, and it takes real artistic talent to form.

Uh,

I THINK ;x

someone might want to properly check up on that :)

edit;

as for the whole illegal downloading and dissapointments.

well, for me. because i`m buying my own copies (plural, 4 ^^v), it makes me feel loads better that in this way tablo, mithra, and tukutz can see how many people supports them and appreciates & love their work. when they see that people buys their album, they feel how much people appreciates their effort into their music, their passion, their soul. they really put their hearts into this artwork, and if by buying this album means they can see how much their hardwork pays off, then i`m buying.

edit; yet again.

Décalcomanie. my previous explanation was um, wordy.

it could simply mean Decal. like vintage decal, lawl d;

Guest WanMinBin

In case he didn't notice, if anything, his previous albums and every artist around the world get their music "illegally" downloaded.

just because it's a global epidemic and everybody does it anyway, doesn't make it ok.

breaking copyright laws is still illegal. downloading is still illegal.

why should he have to sit back and accept the fact that internet downloading can't be helped? it's not ok for something you've worked hard on to be stolen from you without permission and he was merely voicing his disappointment.

I don't want to make myself seem all "holy" or whatever, just merely pointing out a flaw to your reasoning.

Guest yArr0w

edit:

from what i got from dictionary.com

[decalcomanie]

The art or process of transferring pictures and designs to china, glass, marble, etc, and permanently fixing them thereto.

Origin: F. Decalcomanie.

Source: Websters Dictionary

Guest xx_swit_c_xx

where can u download the MV???

lime/frostwire?

You know you're actually able to download from youtube directly right?

Just need to download one program and post the youtube link in it... it directly gives you a media file that you can save....

Just browse online.

But yeah, you're actually breaking rules requesting here. READ THE RULES.

NO DIRECT LINK SHARING HERE!!!

Guest circustricks03

Just have a question on their new song "One."

Did EH sample the melody or "time is ticking" part from another song? I was at F21 the other day and heard an American song with the same tagline and was totally taken a back. I can't recall the artist's name >.< It was def a rock-bandish sound. The melody also kinda reminds me of The Cranberries song "Time is Ticking Out."

Anyhoo....if anyone can shed light on this inquiry...let me know. Thanks~ ;)