Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest tainted.skies

I`m also listening to it right now.. I`m loving it :D

I just checked iTunes` album chart and Remixing the Human Soul is #5 now!

the new album is completely AMAZING. im in love with remap the soul, breakdown the wall, fly higher, the 1 minute 1 second remix...

ahh and apprently theyv gotten higher on itunes than any other korean artist? i love these guys!!!

I definitely really really LOVE Remixing the human soul down to pieces.. It's amazing what these guys can do! I'm glad they're in MTS company...anything from there it will be amazing. I love "Back to the Future" and "Abandoned Umbrella" the most though. Urgh I can't get it off repeat!

^--버려진 우산 (Abandoned Umbrella) - Epik High X Planet Shiver MV (Fan made~) :D

WOOO I topped the page! B)

congratsepikhighplanets.jpg

tabloshistorictweet.jpg

credit: Seoulbeats.com & Tablo & MTS

:o

Guest michellek

OMGG i LOVE THIS ALBUM SO FAR! I'm not even halfway either :)

I'm so glad they're on the top of the itunes electronic charts, they deserve it!

Happy belated birthday to Tablo btww, haven't been keeping up with my soompi threads >___<

Guest chinwah

in the lab, as usual. this next album (sept?) is gonna be big...

tablo's most recent twitter update!

these guys are always hard at work (: looks like next album is tentatively set for SEPTEMBER! that's pretty quick considering map the soul was released earlier this year and the remix album just dropped. either way, i'm eager for new epik high sounds. they never cease to disappoint!

Guest MissLadyBunny

I do not get Epik High...I mean I hear about them a lot. Seen I few interviews on youtube.com from Tablo. Recently been talking about bringing up more under ground Korean artist. is Epik High community leaders?Do they do charity events or something? I hear people talk about how wonderful this band is but I really can't find out what they're all about. They seem like another Kpop artist who gets way to much appraisal for doing nothing really out standing?I'm not going to let my musical ignorance effect me about learning about this band. I'm just trying to figure out the hype around this band and dig for more substance.

I do not get Epik High...I mean I hear about them a lot. Seen I few interviews on youtube.com from Tablo. Recently been talking about bringing up more under ground Korean artist. is Epik High community leaders?Do they do charity events or something? I hear people talk about how wonderful this band is but I really can't find out what they're all about. They seem like another Kpop artist who gets way to much appraisal for doing nothing really out standing?I'm not going to let my musical ignorance effect me about learning about this band. I'm just trying to figure out the hype around this band and dig for more substance.

Epik High iswonderful & definitely outstanding and deserve it all. Fans love Epik High because of their music is inspiration, uplifting, moving, amazing, genius and just really sounds great lol. A lot of their songs express situations, deeps emotions and such that "another Kpop artist" would not. Like "Peace Day" "One" "Fly" "Fan" "Map the soul" "Fallen Blossoms" "I remember" etc.. they have so many hit songs. They're definitely hard workers and seriously passionate about what they do..creating their music. It's so clear...simply the fact they didn't choose to sign with a major label to make more cash but to make an independent one where they can do anything they want without restraints to the music THEY want to create. Also the meaning of "Map The Soul" too.. maps are used to help people find where they want to go when they get lost. "But when my soul has lost its way and I don't know what to do, there's no map. Music, words, films, and other artistic means can lead the soul and be its map." -Tablo. (Arirang Interview). All the members share this vision to change the world through music.. Epik high is the best B) they map the soul, seriously. :D:lol:

3742615250_356cb82ccb.jpg

On top of ALLL that...they're cute dorks. ;)

3758072655_0e60251a7e.jpg

MYK got a haircut? :o so cute...

cr: mapthesoul.com

Guest bumpz

Hi MissLadyBunny. Their music is what Epik High gets appraised for. I suggest that you get a hold of Epik High's albums and listen to it. They have 5 albums now not including "Map the Soul" and "Remixing the Human Soul." If you don't appreciate their music after that...then Epik High is probably not for you :)

Guest alic3.

i think "remixing the human soul" wont be my fav epik high album

for some reason the remixes sound okay but not amazing

there are some parts of certain songs i really like (if that makes any sense)

BUT i do really love the song fanatic!

can't wait for a new epik album to be out :)

Guest xbananaxmexblahx

Is it just me or does part of mapthesoul.com not work right now ?

Like I think the boards, blogs, and store don;t work

when I click on those pages it says: The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

edit: it works for me now

Guest Chalk-Bandits

These guys are so talented. I love their new album!

I'm so glad the album was able to make it onto the iTunes list!

Guest xoxdreamgurlazn209

Right now i am going crazy because i want to hear their new album lmao can't wait

until sept. I hope Epik High will be able to get number one for their track on music

program [:

Guest whohungjen?

hello darlings~

i dont know if its just me or what, but mapthesoul isn't loading for me :(

no new updates lately, sigh.

Guest fallenframes

^ what good timing? and yeah parts of mts won't work for me either.

i'm so happy i stumbled upon this news!!! XD

2009 MBC FM4U Summer Music Festival

I think this was the 6th? I'm overly excited cuz Tukutz wore the shirt we gave him!

article: bntnews

zsl5cz.jpg

13z8g7c.jpg

2wghf69.jpg

15hzo2g.jpg

2qizd43.jpg

qnqwxy.jpg

1zoer89.jpg

Guest tinenapay

Hi there! :)

As a fan of this group, what i like about them -aside from their music, of course - is thet stand for what they believe is right. They decided to go independent because they can't stand what goes on (discrepancies, slavery contracts and God-knows-what) behind the walls of the music industry and honestly, i respect them for that even more.

And i will have to agree with someone who posted earlier that them being dorks is one way that endeared them more to the fans. :D

Hi everyone :lol: I would just like to know if any of you has had the chance to order something from MapTheSoul.com. Im planning to buy the Pieces of You book from there and I'd be very grateful to read some feedbacks on the shop and know other places you could recommend where I could buy the book online. And feedbacks on the book will be very appreciated as well. Thank you very much =)