Removing Moles/beauty Marks From Your Face

mzspaz

Guest Dolce_love

i want to get rid of mine ._. i have like...18 on my face and neck =='' they vary in size too so its really wierd lol

but my mum got it and she said it leaves a small dark mark which goes away in a few days

i have to wait till im older and when i go back to china to do it :]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest alicek7

Hey! I got my freckles and mole removed from my face last summer and this summer in Seoul!

See, I had this one kind of big mole/beauty mark under my left eye. I wasn't born with it, but from the age of 4, there was a small dark brown freckle that ended up growing to the size of a small mole by the time I was 8. It never really bothered me but my whole family (you know Koreans..) wanted me to get it removed, especially my grandma because she said that having a mole under your eyes mean that you cry a lot, which I actually don't, haha. Anyway, so my mom took me to our dermatologist for the first time back at home in Toronto, and he said that if it bothered me (he's not Korean, p.s.), then I could get it removed by two processes: one was by inserting a numbing agent via needle and then to slice/cut it off, or to get it lasered off. These didn't really scare me cuz I can stand pain pretty well so I was just like, whatever I don't care. We decided not to get it done in Canada because of the expensive price.

Luckily, during my trip to Korea last year (after about 9 years since my last visit), my mom's friend's husband is a dermatologist so we made an appointment and my sister and I got our freckles removed from our face by laser. To be honest, it didn't hurt as much as I thought. They put a numbing cream on 20 minutes before you get them lasered off. The pain is less than that of a pinch, IMO. BUT, there ARE sensitive areas that felt more pain than other areas of my face, like my eyelid compared to my forehead, or something.

The mole under my eye had to be taken off by numbing cream + a numbing injection (that also didn't hurt that much.. plus, just think of how many women get botox!) and then lasered off.

You're supposed to get 2-3 sessions to make sure they don't come back. Since we were super busy last summer, I could only get one session so most of my freckles came back, including my mole (though not as dark and not as 3D).

This summer, since I'm staying in Korea for 3 months, I got it done as soon as I got here and so far they haven't come back, though a few deep and bigger moles/freckles are now a bit like red scars. I have another appointment at the end of July, and then a check-up before I leave for Canada.

As for price, I don't remember how much I paid last year but this year, for about 10, I paid $30? It's super cheap in Korea!

Guest heegie

I had two moles on my face that i got removed ^^"

One was on my right cheek, and the other one was near my eyebrow, lol.

They were kind of large /: & i first tried to get them removed twice in atlanta,

but they returned more larger -___-" i went to Korea that summer though,

and i got my moles "removed" four times over there; twice a month (i was

there for two months ^^), which is normal (: (because most people have to

get their moles removed more than once for them to be completely gone).

The doctor basically burned them off o__o, and they turned into scabs,

which fell off & turned into skin. Now my moles are scars, somewhat,

but they're really unnoticeable! ^^ I might get it done one more time

later, just in case (because sunlight creates moles, and the areas where

you've had a mole are more prone to get a mole then other areas of your

face), but i recommend it (: Doesn't hurt!<3

Guest jadeooo

o.o i read some where on soompi that you can remove moles with apple cider viniger. I couldn't find any that wasnt diluted with water so i grabed some reg. viniger and it does the same thing as the creams. you rub it on your skin and it burns that part of your skin off. (I used a cotton swab) At first (right after I tried) I really regreted cause it did get rid of the mole but was replaced by a scab (for 2-4 days) BUT the scab came off and NO MOLE!!!! :) YAYYY!!! I just did this a 6 days ago so I am still in the healing process. Don't pull on the scab or else it will leave a nasty mark! It does the same thing as the creme but is cheaper!

Guest totalbeauty

I have one huge mole near my nose, and its so obvious and ugly.

so i basically just pich the skin of the mole and twist it around and dig it out.

it keeps coming back though, because i keep forgetting to put sunblock on my face.

zapping them out would be nice..

Guest ineedfood

omg, i just did it the other day at a facial and they used this high electricity thing and like burned it i guess. it wasnt HOT but it HURT. T-T but i guess that its sorta worth it. after like a day, there will be like red marks on your face that are like...semi scabs, cant really explain, and everyday i have to put burn gel on it for 2 times each day. and it comes off in like 3-4 days. im sorry i suck at explaining. :[ i have this really dark one and they said i have to do it 3-4 times because if i don't it might grow back darker and bigger. :[ it was 10 dollars for each i think. i didnt pay, my mom did.

Guest ewaffles

I need to get something done to the like 16 moles I have on my face... ughh. But I don't really want all the scars! Are the scars super visible? I have like a huge mole near my nose, but the others are still pretty small...

My friend just removed 4 moles in Taiwan. I don't know much of the details but apparently some of the moles could grow back.

You just have to get the procedure again.

She said it wasn't that painful. She just went to a dermatologist to get it done.

my brother has lots of moles on his face, and he got it removed while we were in Korea.

His was removed through a laser.

I can't say that it doesn't hurt because it does hurt. He said that it feels like a sting.

I don't remember the price, but i know for sure that it didn't cost much at all.

Plus, they did a really good job. You can't tell whether he had moles on his face or not.

Guest Chinesexgirlxmongolia

moles? I have these dark dots on my face that are very irratating...... are those considered moles??? cause if they are, I wanna go get them removes.... so anyone know where in china or taiwan I can get that done???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Annyon

My mom used this weird medicine thing that hmong people use to get rid of moles... I think it's almost like battery acid(?) though... And it hurt for a while but at least my moles gone now. xD

Guest chaoticrose

I got it done on Thursday. I had 23 removed (yeah, a lot...-__-) and I only paid $50 total. (But that was only b/c my mom was close to the lady who did it, and she was nice so she didn't charge me for all the small ones.) They put this anesthetic medicine on my moles before they did it, but only left it there for 20 minutes. It did not help at all. Maybe I just have a low tolerance, but it freaking HURT. (And the fact that I had some pretty big moles so the lady had to go over the same place over and over again.) I could smell my skin burning and it felt like... you know when you get a static shock? Like that, except more painful and more concentrated in one tiny location. The lady kept telling me, "oh we're almost done!" like, twenty times. -_-

Now I have to put anti-bacterial medicine on it and I have to stay out of the sun for a good month or so (the best I can, because it's sort of impossible not to go outside) because that's what makes it grow back. (The medicine is just so that my skin doesn't get infected because it's basically an open wound). But yes, there are scabs. You can't pick at them b/c then they'll leave a scar, so you have to wait for them to naturally fall off by themselves. A lot of people get this wrong and pick at them, which will leave that scar that people are talking about. I can't wash my face for 4 days. :ph34r: Ew. So I've basically maneuvered around all my moles and washed my face somehow.

Guest rainbow snakes

yea i wanna get my mole removed too

i got one noticable one, right in the middle of my face

i got it checked up at the doctors and they said its got a blue tinge and its a weird shape

so....gotta go to hospital to see the dermatologist to check if its a melanoma or cancerous

if it is then i will need to get it removed

if not, i wud still like it removed haha!!

i just worry that it will grow back wit vengence!

EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest iNNOCENT*

i wanna remove my mole/freckles too :(

i have so much from the sun and when i visited a dermatologist (non-asian) he told me he won't remove them!

he said because i'm asian i'll scar more easily and they'll probably come back in a distorted version of the mole.

i guess i'll have to wait until i go to korea or something since they seem more specialized.

or does anyone know good places in los angeles?

Guest go_starriiee

I had five moles on my face removed when i was in china, Guangzhou to be exact, a couple months ago. All but four of my moles were flat.

Basically what the doctor did was numb the skin where I had a mole. Then she used a tool...aha, i'm not sure what kind, but it rotated fast and yeah, removed the mole that way. It didnt hurt for the most part, some areas were not numbed all the way. Once the moles were off, she put on some ointment, and i was all done with that part.

The next day i had scabs. I was told not to pick at it at all or else it will end up as a dark spot or a hole, let the scab fall of on its own.

I had to keep the area away from water and sunlight for a week. As well as lay off the soy sauce and other dark foods.

It costed me 222rmb. About 35 USD i think?

Its been about two months, the scars are not too noticable. It has been improving.

I have a mole on my neck.

My mom took me to Tufts, I think, to get it checked out by a dermatologist. (I'm not really sure if it was Tufts or not. X_X)... She just took me there and told me it was a "doctor's appointment" but didn't tell me the purpose for it lol. =.=

Then the doctor said that he could have it removed, but it might leave a little scar. o_o I just thought, "Ow, they're gonna cut it offf???" and so I said no. HAHA. >_< I don't really mind my mole so. :P

Just ask around for a dermatologist.

Guest applecrumble

Hey! I got my freckles and mole removed from my face last summer and this summer in Seoul!

See, I had this one kind of big mole/beauty mark under my left eye. I wasn't born with it, but from the age of 4, there was a small dark brown freckle that ended up growing to the size of a small mole by the time I was 8. It never really bothered me but my whole family (you know Koreans..) wanted me to get it removed, especially my grandma because she said that having a mole under your eyes mean that you cry a lot, which I actually don't, haha. Anyway, so my mom took me to our dermatologist for the first time back at home in Toronto, and he said that if it bothered me (he's not Korean, p.s.), then I could get it removed by two processes: one was by inserting a numbing agent via needle and then to slice/cut it off, or to get it lasered off. These didn't really scare me cuz I can stand pain pretty well so I was just like, whatever I don't care. We decided not to get it done in Canada because of the expensive price.

Luckily, during my trip to Korea last year (after about 9 years since my last visit), my mom's friend's husband is a dermatologist so we made an appointment and my sister and I got our freckles removed from our face by laser. To be honest, it didn't hurt as much as I thought. They put a numbing cream on 20 minutes before you get them lasered off. The pain is less than that of a pinch, IMO. BUT, there ARE sensitive areas that felt more pain than other areas of my face, like my eyelid compared to my forehead, or something.

The mole under my eye had to be taken off by numbing cream + a numbing injection (that also didn't hurt that much.. plus, just think of how many women get botox!) and then lasered off.

You're supposed to get 2-3 sessions to make sure they don't come back. Since we were super busy last summer, I could only get one session so most of my freckles came back, including my mole (though not as dark and not as 3D).

This summer, since I'm staying in Korea for 3 months, I got it done as soon as I got here and so far they haven't come back, though a few deep and bigger moles/freckles are now a bit like red scars. I have another appointment at the end of July, and then a check-up before I leave for Canada.

As for price, I don't remember how much I paid last year but this year, for about 10, I paid $30? It's super cheap in Korea!

how much is it to get it done in Canada?

Anyone know of a clinic in BC that does mole removal? and for how much? thanks.

Guest Veeneee

Ive had a few dark spots on my face, they are so small like freckles, beauty marks i think.. tried to get them removed by laser.. seemed cheap because the salon charged me 5$ per "dot".. but it was kind of useless, because only 1 of them disappeared permanently while the others faded but came back. after reading this, it makes me want to do it again, 2 on my nose, 1 on my cheek, and 1 on forehead.

as for moles, ive had 2 grow on the area right underneath the collar bone, so disgusting, it made it difficult to wear clothes because i was constantly pulling up the top to cover it. it was this huge light brown bump. first one that grew, i got it cut off by my dermatologist. then another one grew near the old spot 2 years later, my dermatologist used liquid nitrogen to remove. the mole that got cut off by the scalpel knife cost about 100 -- and the liquid nitro mole was free.

Archived