Do Sm & Jyp Really Have Non-asian Trainees On Their American Branches?

Guest kate4578

I agree with you. Only within the past 10 years or so have roles of Asian actors become accepted; however, singing is another thing entirely. I mean partly it is because let's face it, how many Asian/Asian American people do you know (not from soompi) who want to be a singer? I know no one and I was in an "Asian Fraternity."   Anyways, yeah I know for sure that if Kpop comes to America and it is not diverse, i won't want to watch it anymore because... come on this is America.  Lack of diversity may be acceptable in Korea, but no way I will accept that here! I believe in UNITY! : )

^Yeah, Unity is the best, no exclusions, etc. and Lee Soo Man is trying to expand Asian music into the Western community and he said that he knows that American people have a different taste in music from them so they're willing to change the genre or style to fit the taste of the Western Community, and I think it's great that he wants to expand his music into Western Communities as this wont only help the company but help to show that Asia has talents that are worth listening to.

I don't think they'll be very successful at first, but over time it will be.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cassiopeian.artist

they look for non-asians primarily for TV show work

(says my bf's friend in the industry)

they look for non-asians primarily for TV show work

(says my bf's friend in the industry)

Yep, if you're not Asian and you're in an Asian Entertainment company, they'll make you look Asian if you're going on TV, making MV's, etc.

But your identity would be screwed on a variety show if you're doing something like Invincible Youth. 

• 2 years later...

Archived