Big Bang Will Be Making 10,000 Japanese Fans Happy

Guest sgtkixuraz

that's good for them, but i think they should hold it somewhere else..

tokyo dome will be 4/5 empty even with 10,000 people.

it's a waste of money IMO considering 45,000 seats will be empty.

Guest ontokki

that's what i think too.lolzz..why did they decided to hold a fanmeeting at Tokyo Dome with only 10,000 fans..? hmm..

Being signed under Universal Studios Japan will not easily make you extremely popular. But if it works, now that's a miracle. You have to work for more more more years to be extremely popular in Japan. Johnny's Ent. owns half of it..or maybe more than that lolzz;; I'm not that familiar with Japan's music industry but yeah, JE.

But goodluck to them...So many artists want to expand in Japan. I can't wait for Shinee's turn :P haha!

Anyways, a good start for Big Bang.

Guest albeitalways

^

Agreed. JE is the world's ultimate monopoly of boybands. You don't pass over them just like that.

I'm kind of unsure as to how Big Bang can make it in Japan. DBSK did, but they're more of the rising stars type as of now. They are getting there, but not at Arashi level. Plus, DBSK is more of Jpop's music taste for boybands. Their music is sort of similar with KAT-TUN and News, two of JE's newer and hottest groups.

Hiphop in Japan, on the other hand, is well....sorta unknown. It's still a not-much explored genre there. Unlike rock.

Then again, Jpop has more musical variety anyway. What matters is whether Big Bang can set the trends there like they did in Kpop.

Guest ontokki

^

^

YES. And I hate JE for banning DBSK once on Music Station. Now it's fine but I still hate them..=.=;; I never liked their artists. lolzz,

Guest maydx93

Tokyo Dome already?

Dang.....that's fast....

DBSK just got Tokyo Dome for their tour.....

and they have debuted for like a while now.....

but it's probably different, BB's having a party...and DBSK is having a CONCERT.

haha

Guest colloquy

What's the point? 10k people in the Tokyo Dome is a waste of money. I guess it generates publicity though.

Of course, being on a record label whether it's avex or Universal is no guarantee of success for either. It all depends on the amount of promotion and money that the company puts behind them. Big Bang is definitely not going to be competition for Johnny's Entertainment (who, by the way, does not control 50% of the music industry. The music industry in Japan, thank god, is not solely made up of idols). Big Bang's image as a boyband is radically different to what is normally preferred. Hopefully they'll stick to music.

Universal does have it's share of successful artists - GReeeN, Aoyama Thelma, mihimaru GT, AI, etc. They have their fair share of R&B artists. If they stick to ballads like Lie and the various other material they put out, that isn't too "hardcore," learn Japanese to a good level, then I'd say they have a decent chance of succeeding. I hope that unlike DBSK, they won't be doing "touch a member if you buy a single!111!!' idol type tactics... but oh well... especially because they tend to try to put out the image of being 'serious musicians.' But, Big Bang is picking a pretty rough time to debut in Japan, especially considering the falling economy.

Guest GoldenSlumbers

^

Agreed. JE is the world's ultimate monopoly of boybands. You don't pass over them just like that.

I'm kind of unsure as to how Big Bang can make it in Japan. DBSK did, but they're more of the rising stars type as of now. They are getting there, but not at Arashi level. Plus, DBSK is more of Jpop's music taste for boybands. Their music is sort of similar with KAT-TUN and News, two of JE's newer and hottest groups.

Hiphop in Japan, on the other hand, is well....sorta unknown. It's still a not-much explored genre there. Unlike rock.

Then again, Jpop has more musical variety anyway. What matters is whether Big Bang can set the trends there like they did in Kpop.

Though THSK's music fits Jpop more, I wouldn't put their music in the same category as KAT-TUN or NEWS (<3). Sure a couple of their songs have a JE feel to them but for the most part, they're music is much more mature. If anything, SS501 has a very Jpop style to them.

And I agree with those who said going to Tokyo Dome for only 10,000 seems kind of a waste. If they wanted a big-name venue, the Budoukan is more appropriate.

Guest Lishathestain

LOL 10,000? imagine the weird empty 45,000 seats during the ~party~

to think even JE artists like Arashi had to wait idk years before their Tokyo Dome debut..

Guest elavip

there's very little news reporting about this so let's wait for more official news ~ the translator even said to wait. i had no idea tokyo dome was this .. 'exclusive'? is this where they play baseball? lol. and i had no idea .. big bang even have 10,000 fans in japan. well, y'all make it sound rly good. realistically, we all know big bang won't be thatttt big in japan, they're not the ideal genre ~ hope they get a lot of good experience from this.

edit/ so apparently it's not the toyko dome everyone is crying over talking about? there's more than one?

Guest Yangie12

Tokyo Dome?! I don't think that's right..they can't fill up that huge place yet >__<

But anyway, lucky fans! I miss their music in Korea..*sigh* Oh wells (=

Guest monaero

^That's the Tokyo Dome baseball stadium. I doubt it will be held there. It's probably going to be in one of the smaller halls.

Still, that's pretty awesome.

Guest eternalmerkamoon

why did they choose tokyo dome? of all places to hold a fanmeeting, and especially close to when it was announced that dbsk's gonna hold a concert there.

anyway, congratulations big bang, hope the fanmeeting'll be a success~

Guest TVXQ<3

^

YES THEY ARE.

I'm just really happy that THSK is getting more recognized in Japan. <3

And I agree with those who said going to Tokyo Dome for only 10,000 seems kind of a waste. If they wanted a big-name venue, the Budoukan is more appropriate.

Yeah Budoukan is more appropriate.

LOL 10,000? imagine the weird empty 45,000 seats during the ~party~

to think even JE artists like Arashi had to wait idk years before their Tokyo Dome debut..

even with NEWS... TD has been KT's second home.

Archived