What Do You Think About Guys Carrying Their Girlfriend's Purses?

NaughtyDog

Guest Peachdoll_Ocean

haha my bf won't hold my purse for me. He definitely hates it. He'd carry anything else, but that. hahaha Well, I have my own hands, its my purse, obviously, I don't need my man to carry it.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xoxoknlove

i've seen a lot of people do it

but i seriously think in the situation where my bf had so many stuff to hold already, i wouldn't ask XD

Guest naoto

guys will think he is whipped. I don't mind doing it but come on if he had a backpack and she was just walking around doing nothing.

Guest vintageballad

Personally, I think the act itself is somewhat overrated. I know some guys do it to look like "gentlemen" instead of actually being genuine about it.

But about what you were saying; if I were to have a boyfriend, I wouldn't treat him as if he's my personal mule or something. I've got hands and limbs, so I'd carry them myself. And I second what you said, if you get a bag for yourself, then carry it, don't give it to someone (boyfriend or not) else to carry it for you; might as well not bring the bag with you at all.

Guest exileXtenshi

whipped. she's got him trained really well.

he could have at least been smart about it and put the purse in the backpack.

Guest ck616

i dont think its wrong at all!

today my bf offered to carry my big purse cuz it was heavy

i guess he's trying to be a gentleman and carry my stuff for me

i love it when they do. so cute ^0^

Guest shining_star-:

hahahhahhaah it looks very awkward btw i asked

my brother to carry my bags because im tired

etc he said no. He was like i dont want to carry your pink p.e bag

and your school bag LOL .

Guest BaboJen

Actually, i hate it.

To me it's like the girl is just plain lazy to carry her own bag.

I understand when the girl need to adjust her clothes or tie her shoe and let the bf holds it.

But i just can't stand when the guy is carrying tons of stuff and his gf's bag, and the girl has absolutely nothing on her hands. :angry:

Guest lovesicles

i never force my boyfriend to hold my purse.

i have arms. and a shoulder. and it's not like i'm disabled. -___-

sometimes my bag gets retarded and doesn't stay on my shoulders.

this bothers my boyfriend a lot and he takes the bag. xD;

and sometimes if it looks heavy or i have a lot of crap to carry,

he'll do it without me asking. which is nice. ^^

Guest honeysky

I don't agree with OP~ I usually carry around an LV bag and my boyfriend almost always carries my bag. I almost never ask him unless it's really heavy, he just carries it for me because he's a gentlemen ^^ He has is own bag too~ All of my ex-boyfriends have also always carried my bags ;P

Guest moot11

I don't agree with OP~ I usually carry around an LV bag and my boyfriend almost always carries my bag. I almost never ask him unless it's really heavy, he just carries it for me because he's a gentlemen ^^ He has is own bag too~ All of my ex-boyfriends have also always carried my bags ;P

I am going to be blunt. I apologize if it comes off as rude. :)

This is an example of why it is so hard for women to achieve true equality. A lot of women will complain that we live in a patriarchy society, and that men make all the rules, but they than fail to realize that they, themselves reinforce certain "rules", expectations, and behaviors.

If women want equality, stop presenting and politicizing themselves as weak and unequal is a step in the right direction.

Guest i<3ramen

well i dont really mind holding my gf's purse if its for a few minutes while shes just browsing at some clothes. but id draw the line if she made me carry her stuff around all the time or her shopping bags

Guest CutieGirl303

Hahaha all the time! He doesn't really care but sometimes I get lonely n I snatch it from him. XD

And he's too muscular n manly looking to look gay with it lmao. But he always holds my backpack cuz it's so heavy.I don't find it wrong at all. I mean why should he work out for nothin, when he can help out xD

XD I think it's cute sometimes O_O

But I mean, that's lame =_= If he were holding a bunch of stuff already, I wouldn't want him to hold my purse or anything O_O.

But yeah.. I don't know if it's a blow to their masculinity.. I think sometimes, they're just trying to be chivalrous.

However. I know.. O_O Sometimes I try to carry stuff for my guy friends and o__o they won't let me/they get fake-angry. Because they don't want girls to carry stuff for them XD--that's a blow to their masculinity, apparently. I'm not trying to say they can't carry everything, I just wanted to help out +_+; haha;;

Guest PH4T

Oh my God.

I mean, I let my boyfriend carry my things -but to an extent.

Purses are just going too far.

You bought a pretty purse. You should be carrying it.

Not your boyfriend. 'Cause that's just weird.

The only time I let my boyfriend carry something is when I have full hands.

So I let him help me carry some of the stuff. Keyword: just SOME. Not all.

Or if I need to put on something or tie my shoes, then I'll give it to him for a few seconds.

But most of the time, I slap his hand away when he offers.

Guest strawberrynkiwi

my bags are pretty unisex.

so i make my bf carry it when im tired or shopping. lol

but i definitely understand what you mean, when guys carry this tiny little coach bag for their gf.

i used to NEVER let anyone carry my bags, not a guy friend, girl friend, or boyfriend.

im getting lazy now-a-days.

Guest silntdreamer

I feel so empty when I am carrying nothing x____x Usually when mine asks me to carry my stuff I decline the offer haha. But as for the situation you gave us...ehhh....

Guest Privodevat

Also, what do the guys feel about carrying their girlfriends' purses? Isn't it a big blow to your masculinity? lol

I refuse to do it. She can carry the john teshing bag herself or leave it at home if she doesn't want to carry it.

Archived