University Of Waterloo

Guest Subways

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cocopuffs

How easy is it switching from honours art & business regular to co-op? Co-op doesn't start until the 2nd semester of 2nd year.

Guest justforboa

How easy is it switching from honours art & business regular to co-op? Co-op doesn't start until the 2nd semester of 2nd year.

Depends on your grades.

What courses are everyone taking?

Guest nihewo87

Depends on your grades.

What courses are everyone taking?

I'm taking ENG109 (Intro to academic writing) and PSYCH 256 (Intro to Cog Sci) right now online.

Guest termination_override

Am debating whether to go to Waterloo or Mac for Psychology.. (I got accepted into both.) Campus life seems kind of boring at Waterloo though =X Any suggestions?

Guest AiMango

campus life is good at waterloo, i actually hear mac's residence dons are really strict compared to waterloo. in terms of looks, mac has a great campus, but hamilton as a city isnt that great : P waterloo is a really safe university town (not sure about hamilton).

Guest justforboa

If anyone wants to buy textbooks, check out my bookstore: http://bookro.com/uwaterloo/user/funzone36

Guest stillfantasy

hello everyone!

im going into arts and business co-op this fall :)

question: how can i apply to room with a friend; and does it matter if she is in a different program? D:

&& can anyone share experiences for living in rez? im thinking about UWP,, but not sure :/

Guest j1kim

Good old Waterloo... Graduated last year and now I'm riding the unemployment wave.

hello everyone!

question: how can i apply to room with a friend; and does it matter if she is in a different program? D:

&& can anyone share experiences for living in rez? im thinking about UWP,, but not sure :/

If you want the full university atmosphere, go to V1 or REV. I wanted UWP/MKV when I first registered but ended up getting V1. Didn't have a single regret about getting V1.

Guest everlastingxx3

Good old Waterloo... Graduated last year and now I'm riding the unemployment wave.

If you want the full university atmosphere, go to V1 or REV. I wanted UWP/MKV when I first registered but ended up getting V1. Didn't have a single regret about getting V1.

I lived in V1 during my first year too and I didn't regret a single thing about it. It's easier to meet people there compared to other residences such as UWP or CLV. The only downside about V1 is the caf food. Sometimes, you just don't feel like eating there anymore.

Guest cocopuffs

Admitted in the honours arts program :lol:

I read the experience at V1 is great as stated above. I'm thinking either REV or V1 instead of UWP now lol, has anyone compared the quality of REV cafe food compared to V1's?

Guest southbeach82

hello everyone!

congrats! :) I lived at UWP with my two close friends who are both in arts & business and I'm in afm. It was our first choice so it doesn't matter if you guys are in different programs :) and at UWP you get alot of privacy since i shared bathroom with my two close friends and we ate and cooked together. But we were unlucky, my don was nice but not very good at planning events and getting the floor together, so we barely met anyone on our floor lol. If you were to live at V1 and rev you would meet alot more people. My ex lived at rev and his floor was like a big family lol.

Admitted in the honours arts program :lol:

I read the experience at V1 is great as stated above. I'm thinking either REV or V1 instead of UWP now lol, has anyone compared the quality of REV cafe food compared to V1's?

congrats! :) my ex lived at rev and what bothered him was that the cafe closed very early on certain days so he would have to walk to v1 and buy food. so alot of the times he ate at my place at UWP. and since he is visa, during some holidays and exam period the cafe would be closed completely. But food quality wise it is basically the exact same food, maybe v1 is just a slight better but selection is very similar.

hope i helped :)

Guest cocopuffs

congrats! :) I lived at UWP with my two close friends whose are both in arts & business and I'm in afm. It was our first choice so it doesn't matter if you guys are in different programs :) and at UWP you get alot of privacy since i shared bathroom with my two close friends and we ate and cooked together. But we were unlucky, my don was nice but not very good at planning events and getting the floor together, so we barely met anyone on our floor lol. If you were to live at V1 and rev you would meet alot more people. My ex lived at rev and his floor was like a big family lol.

congrats! :) my ex lived at rev and what bothered him was that the cafe closed very early on certain days so he would have to walk to v1 and buy food. so alot of the times he ate at my place at UWP. and since he is visa, during some holidays and exam period the cafe would be closed completely. But food quality wise it is basically the exact same food, maybe v1 is just a slight better but selection is very similar.

hope i helped :)

Thanks!! yeah it helped a lot, i think i'm going to choose V1 for my first choice now haha

Guest stillfantasy

j1kim , everlastingxx3, southbeach82

^ thanks for the help !

For those that live[d] in REV/V1,, how is it sharing washrooms with the whole floor? .____. wouldn't it be really inconvienient?

Guest cocopuffs

^ thanks for the help !

For those that live[d] in REV/V1,, how is it sharing washrooms with the whole floor? .____. wouldn't it be really inconvienient?

I hope you don't mind me replying since I haven't lived in either of the two but the campus guide explained to us that people's schedules are so different that you rarely see someone else in the showers while you're showering.

Guest southbeach82

^ thanks for the help !

although i didn't personally live at rev, i have a pretty good idea of how it works there lool throughout the two terms i never heard my ex mention that there were no room to shower or there were too many people in the bathroom. Like cocopuffs said, the class schedules in uni are very different so it is very unlikely for that to happen, for my ex his classes were mainly in the morning while his roommate sleeps in the morning and has class in the afternoon... so it would really depend on the schedule lol :) but i heard at v1 if many people on your floor are in the same program (afm), there is a higher chance of fighting over the bathroom cause your class schedules will be very similar. but since it is sharing you would have to be comfortable with showering and walking out and see other people around lol at rev all the guys are on one side of the floor so you won't really see them xD.

Guest cocopuffs

Does anyone have experience in the difficulty of getting into the korean language course in first year, or is there a waiting list?

Archived