University Of Waterloo

Guest Subways

for chinese . . if we appleid to be enrolled..when do we get called for the interview? and where do we fill out the form?:S

Form is here. Fastest way to hand in the form is to fax the form to Renison.

For interviews, they don't call you. They email you. You have to check your Nexus account.

hey.

i was wondering

how do i swap my class times?

is it component swap on quest?

cause i tried it and it said i don't have appointment times

i'm so confused!:S

You can only swap/component swap @ 9am

http://www.quest.uwaterloo.ca/help/howdoi/students/swap.html

http://www.quest.uwaterloo.ca/help/howdoi/students/swap_component.html

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pork chop

hey, does anyone know if CHINA301R is alright? I'm going into first year and I got placed into that, but I was aiming for 120R instead =s

I've taken mandarin in high school for credit but I passed each year with like 70s ... I'm not good at speaking mando either cause I speak canto. is it possible to ask for a "demotion"?

Guest moonyah

Hii

I'm currently filling out the form for Chinese

what Id# do they mean? cause it's separatE from the uw id number

is it the ouac? & what does "plan" mean

thanks alot!!! :)

Guest o1honey

Hii

I'm currently filling out the form for Chinese

what Id# do they mean? cause it's separatE from the uw id number

is it the ouac? & what does "plan" mean

thanks alot!!! :)

^ your UW ID.

Guest eightdoubleone

ooo...korean is soo much fun

there's only 1 prof that teaches it..professor kim and i love him to death

im actually taking 201 next term and he honestly makes the course really fun and easy to understand especially with his random stories

I had a question. I want to take Korean 101R but was worried it would be too hard considering I'll need time to adjust to the workload. Do you think it would be a good idea to take it? >.<

Guest ariesbaybee

I had a question. I want to take Korean 101R but was worried it would be too hard considering I'll need time to adjust to the workload. Do you think it would be a good idea to take it? >.<

you definitely do NOT need to worry about the workload....there is practically none in 101 and even if there is homework its more like copy out the phrases or new words you learned that day

occasionally like every 2 or 3 weeks there will be a mini quiz but all very simple

overall...i think korean 101 is a very chill and fun course with a wonderful prof

so i really recommend you take it

Any AFM students selling their textbooks?

I need:

1) AFM 101 - LIBBY ET AL:FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING 3RD CDN ED W/ LYRYX & ISTUDY

2) AFM 131 - NICKELS ET AL:UNDERSTANDING CANADIAN BUSINESS 7TH CDN ED WITH CO

3) I-CLICKER:I-CLICKER RF RESPONSE REMOTE O_____O

4) PSYCH 101 - MYERS ET AL:PSYCHOLOGY MODULES 9TH ED *PKG*

Thxx

Guest eightdoubleone

you definitely do NOT need to worry about the workload....there is practically none in 101 and even if there is homework its more like copy out the phrases or new words you learned that day

occasionally like every 2 or 3 weeks there will be a mini quiz but all very simple

overall...i think korean 101 is a very chill and fun course with a wonderful prof

so i really recommend you take it

Oh serious? I was worried they would expect me to be able to write an essay or something on the exam by the end of the course or something.... Right now I'm enrolled in French because 101 Korean is full. Do you think I should stay with french or should I ask the prof if he's willing to do a course override? (Do you think he'd give me one? >.< Because I really want to learn Korean....and I know I'll put the effort in comparison to French ...lol...)

Guest o1honey

Any AFM students selling their textbooks?

I need:

1) AFM 101 - LIBBY ET AL:FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING 3RD CDN ED W/ LYRYX & ISTUDY

2) AFM 131 - NICKELS ET AL:UNDERSTANDING CANADIAN BUSINESS 7TH CDN ED WITH CO

3) I-CLICKER:I-CLICKER RF RESPONSE REMOTE O_____O

4) PSYCH 101 - MYERS ET AL:PSYCHOLOGY MODULES 9TH ED *PKG*

Thxx

^ i-clickers are use in almost any programs offered at UW, so it's a bit difficult to get your hands on a used one unless you know like 3rd/4th year students who don't need them anymore.

However, they do have a limited supply of used i-clickers at the used book store but they go out really fast.

It's an okay investment to get a new i-clicker since you would probably need it for at least 1 course/ per semester :)

...and psych 101 came out with a 9th edition already? =.= I used the 8th edition last year =\ shoot.

oh yea... Lyryx cannot be bought 2nd hand!~.. haha. It's just a pin number you buy at the bookstore to use the Lyryx site.

..just in case anyone tries to scam first years ._. Depending on what course your taking.. the Lyryx code can cost between $40 - $80+. Such a rip-off right? but you need it.

It can be purchased at the cashier at the SCH bookstore : )

that's all i can think of now.. hope this helps.

^ i-clickers are use in almost any programs offered at UW, so it's a bit difficult to get your hands on a used one unless you know like 3rd/4th year students who don't need them anymore.

However, they do have a limited supply of used i-clickers at the used book store but they go out really fast.

It's an okay investment to get a new i-clicker since you would probably need it for at least 1 course/ per semester :)

...and psych 101 came out with a 9th edition already? =.= I used the 8th edition last year =\ shoot.

oh yea... Lyryx cannot be bought 2nd hand!~.. haha. It's just a pin number you buy at the bookstore to use the Lyryx site.

..just in case anyone tries to scam first years ._. Depending on what course your taking.. the Lyryx code can cost between $40 - $80+. Such a rip-off right? but you need it.

It can be purchased at the cashier at the SCH bookstore : )

that's all i can think of now.. hope this helps.

Thank you (:

Guest moonyah

i'm enrolled in chinese 120R at the moment and i'm on the korean waiting list

i hope i get into korean omgggg.

my classesare hell!

on tueday and thurdays

i have

chinese @ renison

afm @ hagey hal

econ @ william centre

AND EACH CLASSES are 10 minutes are apart...uh oh..

i was wondering....if the distances ....far?!:S

Guest eightdoubleone

i'm enrolled in chinese 120R at the moment and i'm on the korean waiting list

i hope i get into korean omgggg.

my classesare hell!

on tueday and thurdays

i have

chinese @ renison

afm @ hagey hal

econ @ william centre

AND EACH CLASSES are 10 minutes are apart...uh oh..

i was wondering....if the distances ....far?!:S

Lmfao supposedly.....the distance isn't that far. And 10 minutes is ample time.

And my tuesdays and thursdays are hell as well =[.

Can you speak mandarin? O_o I was told that...since I don't know a lick of mandarin, i shouldn't take 120R (they placed me in it ...LOL)

BTW. are you in afm? :D I'd assume so since you're taking afm but.. xD fm or PA?

Guest eightdoubleone

^Was it your last choice? because thats really odd O_O.

I got UWP Wellesley Court North (my first choice :D)

Btw, I'm in FM as well. xD Anyone here going to student life 101? :( and alone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived