University Of Waterloo

Guest Subways

Guest simpli_me

Hmm yeah I didn't think about that haha. I have a full year thing so it can't be helped. 520 for each month after seeing my osap estimate i really do feel like a college student now (so poor) ;).

It actually is... well I got Ennis which is like the best proff apparently. His lectures were great but they were at night so I ended up skipping everything after the midterm. I winged all the midterm and final by just reading the summaries in the guide book and textbook and so did most of my friends. If you actually went and read everything in the textbook then yeaaaah it was probably pretty damn hard then.

Ennis is GREAT and EASY. My best advice for you is to take his class haha. You'll see why hes great when you compare him to your other proffs later.

I've heard really good things about Ennis. Have you heard of Macleod before? how is he?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest panda_general

I told you there were 12 floors and you said there were thirteen =__= and yeah there are elevators ... we're so far up! =[

No worries, I'm on the very top XD

Guest Subways

I've heard really good things about Ennis. Have you heard of Macleod before? how is he?

I think I had a couple of friends that have had him. They never really said much I guess probably not worth mentioning? (not too hard or too easy)

I do get the impression Ennis do overshadow them a bit but if you're curious you can visit the site that rates proffessors for some reviews haha

BTW anyone recommend any courses that are still open? I didn't get any of the courses I really want during enrolment so I'm still shopping around

Guest P0TAT0

Hey does anyone wanna recommend some bird courses?

The only one I've taken so far was HRM 200, which was really easy.

Guest foldingvault

First year @ Waterloo coming up in a month! Mechatronics engineering, 3 single suite style room @ Wilmot Court North 2nd Floor. I already have 3 SNSD posters coming to be mailed in so I can make our rooms supa sexy HAHA...

Guest ilovepoo

Hey does anyone wanna recommend some bird courses?

The only one I've taken so far was HRM 200, which was really easy.

maybe EASIA201R... its pretty interesting and ok easy... m/c exam! =)

Guest 1xviet

Is there anyone here going to Waterloo for engineering? I still have a year left in high school and was wondering what are the chances of me getting in. On there site it says that applicants are individually selected from the mid-80s. I'll probably graduate with low to mid 90s, but will the fact that I have absolutely NO extra curriculars hurt my chances? I've been doing alot of reading about Waterloo and their program and I must admit this is going to be my number one choice as far as universities go. Hopefully I get accepted =]

Guest Subways

Is there anyone here going to Waterloo for engineering? I still have a year left in high school and was wondering what are the chances of me getting in. On there site it says that applicants are individually selected from the mid-80s. I'll probably graduate with low to mid 90s, but will the fact that I have absolutely NO extra curriculars hurt my chances? I've been doing alot of reading about Waterloo and their program and I must admit this is going to be my number one choice as far as universities go. Hopefully I get accepted =]

Almost all my friends are in engineering so I speak kinda through them not personally. From what I know if you manage to sustain a 90ish average when graduating your chances are pretty high. The requirements posted are what they expect when you apply before they give you a conditional offer. Once they do they usually only ask you to maintain a 75ish or 80ish average (I forget which it depends on what you apply for). So be sure to start off with great marks. I had a friend that beat another friend into Waterloo but his final marks were lower than the other person's. It was because his marks were higher than the other person's during the 1st term thats what got him in. Waterloo requires prospective students to do AIFs or somnething like it which talk about your goals, extra circ, clubs, etc. I think what I remember was that its used to only help you not hurt you. Meaning if its good it'll add to your application but if its not good it won't add (or take away). However, if it helps other competing people get in before you than it still technically hurts you. It wouldn't hurt to join clubs (robotics, etc.).

Guest 1xviet

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I was thinking of joining the robotics club last year, but by the time I became interested it was past halfway through the year so I ended up not joining. I probably will join this upcoming year though. I also plan on participating in the math and science contests throughout the year. Hopefully I can do well on those.

Guest o1honey

First year @ Waterloo coming up in a month! Mechatronics engineering, 3 single suite style room @ Wilmot Court North 2nd Floor. I already have 3 SNSD posters coming to be mailed in so I can make our rooms supa sexy HAHA...

LOL

I'm @ Waterloo courts 3rd floor xD. Is there a common area @ UWP?.. like how there's a common area for V1?

ANDDDD... IS THERE A MICROWAVE IN THE SUITE?!

LOL

I'm @ Waterloo courts 3rd floor xD. Is there a common area @ UWP?.. like how there's a common area for V1?

ANDDDD... IS THERE A MICROWAVE IN THE SUITE?!

there's a big common area in Beck hall, but there is also a lounge on the first floor for courts. There isn't a microwave in your suite, but I've seen one in a wilmot court lounge before. I think it's easier to get a microwave yourself though. My roommates bought one for about $50, but you might be able to buy one for cheaper from graduating students.

Guest krn_qti

Hey there! I was just wondering if anybody has taken ECON 101 and/or ECON 102, and what your experience was. If you've taken both which one is .. easier? Thanks alot! C:

Guest ariesbaybee

Hey there! I was just wondering if anybody has taken ECON 101 and/or ECON 102, and what your experience was. If you've taken both which one is .. easier? Thanks alot! C:

ive taken both econ 101 & 102 last year

um...for econ 101 my prof was larry smith and lets say he has his own ways of teaching and his own theories that i swear i have never heard of in high school econ class....but overalll if you've taken gr.11 and 12 econ in high school you should like the vast majority of stuff in econ 101

as for econ 102....there's much more new concepts

in the beginning is very understandable but as you get towards the end i have to say its actually gets quite confusing/difficult...as for my prof i had mary vaughan and lets say all she does is use the slides the textbook company provided her and when she so calls puts up her "own" notes its basically a repeat of what is on the powerpoint = useless...lol

ive taken both econ 101 & 102 last year

um...for econ 101 my prof was larry smith and lets say he has his own ways of teaching and his own theories that i swear i have never heard of in high school econ class....but overalll if you've taken gr.11 and 12 econ in high school you should like the vast majority of stuff in econ 101

as for econ 102....there's much more new concepts

in the beginning is very understandable but as you get towards the end i have to say its actually gets quite confusing/difficult...as for my prof i had mary vaughan and lets say all she does is use the slides the textbook company provided her and when she so calls puts up her "own" notes its basically a repeat of what is on the powerpoint = useless...lol

i was in vaughan's class winter term tues and thurs lol. econ 102 was easy if u studied and i enjoyed waiting for my aplia results at 11 LOL.

anyway, any first year arbus people this coming fall? if there are... i'm selling my intro to canadian business 6th edition textbook lol if that's the one they're still using, and i'll give u the course notes which i barely used for freee : D

Guest 1n_c0mplete

wow damn a WATERLOO THREAD...REPRESENT!! haha

anyway all you people are so young -_-" im going into 2.5b of afm-fm

yes i know 2.5b doesnt exist but im a transfer student, and im half a term behind, hence im neither 2b nor 3a haha.

Guest o1honey

wow damn a WATERLOO THREAD...REPRESENT!! haha

anyway all you people are so young -_-" im going into 2.5b of afm-fm

yes i know 2.5b doesnt exist but im a transfer student, and im half a term behind, hence im neither 2b nor 3a haha.

... you can transfer?! O_______o"

I heard that's impossible.

Guest Subways

Yeah its possible a ton of people transfer first year( either willingly or not haha).

Guest 1n_c0mplete

nah, its possible. all you need are the grades and the right prerequisites to transfer in.

Archived