Do You Answer The Door When You're Home Alone?

Guest meiming8

Guest hyerimii

I hate answering the door period >_<"

I look crappy when I'm just at home haha xD

And I have a fear of things happening while I'm

home alone. Too many movies -___-"

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Teeeee

haha.

I look.

If it's a friend, I answer.

but if it's like a sales person I turn into UBER NINJA :ph34r:

I quietly crouch down and crawl to my bedroom and close the door and hide there. xD

Guest xthefirst

I hate answering the door period >_<"

I look crappy when I'm just at home haha xD

And I have a fear of things happening while I'm

home alone. Too many movies -___-"

LOLS Same hear about that fear. :P Lols I guess we like our tv too much as kids.

Guest iono

well uh, I have two doors, so I open the solid door and talk to them through the door that you can kinda see through? i don't open the second door though, i'm usually just like uhh, slip it under the door or yeah, just leave it there and i'll get it later.

Guest Painterlyy

Wow I never knew someone did the same as me!

I always hide...so far, never been caught yet.

But I absolutely hate encountering strangers when i'm home alone. -_-

Guest rawwwr

I creep up quietly and try not to be seen to the door and sneakily check to see it is first... but I always end up opening the door because I feel bad xD

Guest aznkc

im paranoid sometimes...if i dont know who it is ill hold something in my hand or have a weapon (bat, golf club, knife) near by... cause i don't live in the safest area and anything can happen

Nah, never. If I'm not expecting anyone, I walk slowly to the door so they don't hear my footsteps (haha) and look through the peep hole. After I got a cell phone, I barely even answer the home telephone in the daytime anymore b/c it's mostly telemarketers. Yeah... haha.

Guest filosophy-

sometimes, because im lazy LOL.

and when i do, i always check through the window first in case its a rapist or something.

• 1 year later...
Guest dropthebeat

I never answer the door. I get annoyed when my parents do because they don't speak English and I always have to go downstairs to translate and I hate dealing with those people who try to sell you stuff and talk for like 20 minutes.

Guest -elly

ermm...hypothetically speaking, i'd probably drag a kiddy chair toward the peek-hole to see who was there...if i knew them close-ishly, i'd open, but otherwise no. 

Guest dreamy21

I think Asians, in general, are more paranoid about being home alone/locking the door. 

My grandma never wants me to stay home alone. And when I do, she always yells at me until I lock the door when she leaves.

Guest cutedorkable

Lol, I never answer the door. It is always those sales people. I only answer when I see a postal truck outside cause I know it is a package for me. Other than that...nope.

Guest Andreas1

If it's a solicitor I just ignore them... especially if it's some big black dude. No offense but it's the truth. However I'm usually bigger than the person knocking and I answer sometimes with a fairly intimidating What Do You Want. That usually makes the interaction quite brief. I keep a bat handy by the door as well...not quite a match for a gun but I live in a pretty decent area.

I don't. Not only because I am always in my pjs when I am at home (with my hair clipped up and stuff), but I don't feel safe doing so. Unless I know a package is being delivered, or someone I know, or my family knows, I do not answer the door. You never know who it can be. It can be someone dressed up as a postman or something. Or even if not, sales people can be so annoying at times. Some just do not give up at all. Then you get the religious people, too --;

Guest motherducker

Noo way. There's been crime around here about people getting robbed or stabbed from opening the door.

I just peak out the window next to the door and if it's a stranger, I tip toe away as quietly as I can.

Archived