Do You Answer The Door When You're Home Alone?

Guest meiming8

Guest Rainity

sometimes if i can see the person through my window, usually i dont i just stay in the house really quiet.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tranniee_x

HAHA, funny stories here... now heres mine

my friend told me once that she was babysitting these kids and the parents left the house. then, all of a sudden, a guy was knocking on the door and my friend, of course, didn't let him in. but he saw her, and he kept knocking and started mouthing words... an hour later, the parents came home and behind them was that guy. apprently it was their older son who came back from college .___.

yeah, she wasn't alone, but still... opening the door at night is scary enough for me, let alone being alone !

When Im home alone, I NEVER answer the door! unless I know who is coming home, and what time they'll be home. I never answer the door, and I never check to look! If the door bell is unexpected, then I dont. But if Im told to answer because someone is coming, then I do... I just get scared. hahah. And man, I think getting seen hiding is scarier than actually trying to hide! LOL.

Guest screamxlove

Nahh. Those who have the key, they open it. Other than that... even if it's relatives, I don't answer :S I like pissing them off.

Guest xstrawberry_bearx

I rarely open the door for anyone.

It's just me and my mom so usually if she comes home she have the keys

And if relatives or friends come over they'd call me. O_O;

So when the door knocks/rings -- I pretend I didn't hear because it's 100% a stranger.

Guest GwendolynGuillotine

I'm one of those people who ignore door knocks and door bells. Because I am lazy and I'm not in the mood of interacting with strangers/solicitors. I expect my family member to have a key or a garage remote to get in the house.

Guest NEYUGN93

Never. Because I'm not allowed to.. ever ! LOL

But, I'm pretty paranoid so I still wouldn't do it xD

If I notice the figure is someone I know then obviously I answer it

Guest Salt

LOL, crouching..

When I'm alone I look out the windows upstairs (so they can't see me) to see who it is. I only open the door if it's someone I know.

However, the window thing only works if they're like a few feet from the door.. or else I can't see them. xD

We have windows bordering the sides of our front door.. but my mom made curtain type things to block the ones on the left and right. Someone could see out of the top one if they were abnormally tall, I guess. People usually can't look through the regular windows unless they step on the flowers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shinhdeplol

i check who it is first

if it is a stranger, i'll say that i dont have the key and tell them to come back later :D

Guest Delusional

It's definitely not safe to answer the door when you're alone.

You never know if the stranger at the door is some killer in disguise as a cable man or whatever.

I only answer if it's one of my friends and I make them call before they come.

Guest JacksonC

I always answer the door because I hate when they don't give up and keep ringing the bell. I was scared when I was a kid because my parents will tell my story about burglars.

Guest Averie

I usually check who it is but at the same time I am scared to .___.

If whatever happened to you happened to me I will probably think about it for days and won't ever answer the door ever again lol.

Otherwise, if I am expecting a package I have no choice but to check the door, sometimes the delivery guy doesn't look like a delivery guy and I miss the package and end up going to pick it up.. that sucks though. :(

Guest UnicornGummi

I always answer the door when I'm home alone. ^^;;;

Kind of a bad habit .___. but I live in an apartment complex so if I scream someone'll prob hear me. xDD;

Archived