Make Up Must Haves

Guest michikosashimi

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a must have must be a bb cream! a foundation might be too heavy for a beginner and during those hot summers (of course you might need some powder with that too, especially if your skin is oily - to set the make-up and reduce the shine)

also, i think that a mascara and a lash curler must exist in one's make-up purse as well

and a lipstick in your favorite color :)

Guest Pandox

- Wet 'n' Wild Mega Liquid Eyeliner

- Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara

- Missha The Style Under Eye Brightener Concealer

and Lip Balm! I don't wear much, but thats usually my daily make-up and essencials. I'm starting to get into BB Cream, but I'm still trying stuff out to find one that'll work for me. I don't think BB cream / foundation is necessary unless you have really bad skin, I just use it for special occasions or when I feel I look like crap xD

Guest SewPsyched

My eyeliner (MAC Fluidline all da way~*). I'm going to turn 20 this year and people often mistake me for being <16 years old when I don't have it on.

People can't take me seriously with this baby face; it's quite annoying.. <_<

Guest chupachap

My must have:

- SUNSCREEN (most important)

- Concealer for dark circle

- Eyebrows pencil

- Eyelid Primer cause my eyelid are very oily

- Highlighter

- Lip tint for lips and cheeks

- Lip Gloss

Guest gisellaaa

Dolly wink Liquid Eyeliner

BB Cream (I use the brand from Etude House, but other brands work too! It depends on each person's needs..)

Candy Doll Lipstick

Dolly wink Mascara Long

Heheh I can't live without those items -.-;

Guest bananabean.

I will not leave the house if I did not curl my lashes!!! So definitely my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler!

My must haves would include:

AMPM Sunscreen

Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara

Urban Decay Blunt E/s

Mac Big Baby Plushglass

Mac Cork e/s

Nars Cruisin' l/s

Jemma Kid Cream Blush In Pawpaw

wub.gif

Guest AS1AND0LL

Everyone listed things that I use but for something that I have to use everyday is lip balm, you can't go around having crusty lips.

Guest soiia

Must have concealer. If I have to eat the gym and forgot my makeup bag, I will still have a concealer in my bag because that's how much a concealer is important to me xD I believe you can get away with so little makeup as long as your skin looks look, hence the concealer.

Guest vicksss

Blush and eyeliner is a must have!! Well for me it is :) pink Blush gives an illusion of innocence and cuteness, while eyeliner makes your eyes stand out. ^_^

Guest Highstreetlabels

I like different brands for different products. Here are some of my favorite affordable makeup items :)

Eyeliner

I like Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner, Revlon Colorstay Pencil Liner & Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner. Wet N' Wild also makes a nice gel liner, but the applicator that it comes with sucks.

Mascara

I love any Maybelline mascara (besides Great Last) and I love L'Oreal Voluminous (one of the best mascaras I've ever tried, drugstore OR high end).

Concealer

Ben Nye makes some great full coverage concealers. You can purchase them on Ebay for about $10 (sometimes even less). I use them on clients all the time. BTW- Ben Nye is considered an "artistry" brand (like MAC), but it's still very affordable.

Foundation

Physician's Formula and Almay make my favorite affordable foundations. They are hypoallergenic, light weight, and great for sensitive skin.

Powder

I love Palladio Rice Powder (from Sally Beauty Supply) and L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Powder Makeup.

Bronzer

Once again, Physician's Formula. Their bronzers are very natural looking (never orange). Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer is also a hit.

Lip Gloss

I like Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush, Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Forever Stay Moisture Gloss and L'Oreal Le Gloss. All of them have great color payoff and are super long wearing.

Lipstick

I love Revlon Colorstay Lipsticks. They're actually very similar to MAC lipsticks (both lines are super creamy, yet long wearing). If you're looking for a dupe for the wonderful MAC 'Angel' Lipstick, try Revlon Matte Lipstick in 'Pink Pout' :)

Eyeshadow

Maybelline and NYX have great shadows. The pigmentation is great. I also love Coastal Scents and freshMinerals for shadows. On a budget, I suggest purchasing one of Coastal Scents' 88 palettes. The color variety allows you to create a ton of different looks! Check them out at coastalscents.com

Primer/Base

For face primer, I like L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base and E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer. For eye primer, I like E.L.F. Eyelid Primer and NYX Eyeshadow Base.

Blush

For cream blushes, I like the Sally Hansen Natural Beaurty Sheerest Cream Blush. For powder blush, I like Physician's Formula and E.L.F. Studio Blush.

Brushes

EcoTools is my favorite line for affordable brushes. They are cruelty free and super soft!

Guest teenahoo

My makeup must haves in my daily routine are:

Foundation- Lancome Ultra Teint Idol

Blush-Nars Orgasm

Concealer- Chanel Correctuer Perfection although this is as needed whenever my skin isn't cooperating ><!

Mascara- Smashbox supercurling mascara

Circle Lenses 

and sometimes a setting powder like MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder when I know I might need extra staying power for my makeup, such as hot days or when my skin is oilier than usual

Guest Hounsom

I think it would have to be pink lipstick or ligloss. LOVE macs Saint Germain and Pink Nouveau. And the Chromaline eyeliner

Archived