Taiko No Tatsujin {太鼓の達人}

bbyBoss

japanese taiko drum game :)
I looked in the games thread and I am surprised this game is not listed! It's only the best rhythm game EVER. It looks easy but it's not! It's cute, and it has a very Japan cultural theme to it.

Does anyone else besides me play this? ._." I was introduced to it on the PS2 4 years ago in Hong Kong. I tried the arcade with drums and erm yeah..no good..

So i've started practicing recently again. I beat portable 1, well I unlocked Oni, and got crowns on all Oni songs {not all gold} except the 2000 songs, but now I mastered my FIRST 2000 song! :) Saitama 2000. I am so happy xD I never bothered with the 2000 songs. I own all the games for the PSP and DS. I want to get my hands on one of them burnt games for the PS2 when I go back to Hong Kong! I am absolutely addicted and will never get sick of this one.

Here's my video of my current favorite song {I missed one note! ><}:

But uhm yeah..discuss??

Here is the site to it :)

http://taiko.namco-ch.net/

This game expanded upon many consoles..but sadly, it has not hit US/Canada. {I doubt it ever will..just like awesome dating sim game like tokimeki..}

Guest Take Five

i don't know how anyone plays oni mode. it makes my fingers cramp up on the ds.

i probably asked this before, but i forgot so i'll ask again. is the psp version very different from the ds ones in terms of tracklist?

also, i like that there's anime songs on it.

Guest miki_chan

The cute drumming game? Yes. I played it on my friend's DS, and I was insanely addicted to it for a while, and still am.

Guest lordbordem

Went and finished both the original and sequel on the DS, the first two speed settings actually make it a bit boring, but the faster speeds definitely make it a bit of a challenge. great game either way, would really love to try out the arcade version if i got the chance

the only thing that is rather disappointing is the actual list of songs compared to say daigasso band brothers (original and sequel), but hearing proper audio tracks over the daigasso midi is definitely nicer

i don't know how anyone plays oni mode. it makes my fingers cramp up on the ds.

i probably asked this before, but i forgot so i'll ask again. is the psp version very different from the ds ones in terms of tracklist?

also, i like that there's anime songs on it.

Yeah. Every game has a different song list. You can actually find them on their website. Except for the PSP one, portable two, you can download music from their site via the PSP. They only have a few songs that appear in both.

Guest amydien

I love this game! I play it on DS, both Taiko no Tatsujin and Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin :D

Im still beating the futsuu mode....'Linda Linda' is too fast for me already!! XDDD

Guest amydien

^yeah...Meccha! has better songs for me...the first song I beat on futsuu mode is Love So Sweet..because the beat is so fun XDDD

Guest iloveren

is this kind of like the game ouendan? but with drums instead? because i lovee ouendan 2! soo fun.

Guest snaeha_dalis13

Ohhh I love this game!! I usually play it on DS. Oni mode is so hard =_= I've got gold crowns up to intermediate, then difficult I have gold and silver, and only a few silver for oni >< My friends played did when we went to Japan, they were in all the arcades there ^^

I've played it on Wii too and I think it's much easier using the drums than on DS =D

Guest kanyewong

Ikenai Taiyou is so fun. I love this game~

Stupid producers should make it come out to the US already. . . It would be fun playing english songs like Poker Face on it.

Guest KHNA

Yeah! I love the games on the Wii and Dsi ^^ I used to play it alot:P hmmm maybe I should play it again? :P

• 6 months later...

Archived