Soul to Seoul

LucasBunny

Guest Hot Fire Neko

I have the first 3 volumes *I collect manga, sue me*, and if you think the first volume was bad, you wouldn't want to continue reading the series.

..The plot just gets more and more rushed and randomized as it goes on. <_<

Guest JiNi;

It sort of has that realistic feel to it.

*nodd*

I'm still waiting for the last volume lol.

It's weird cuz I showed my friends this manhwa and they loved it. [i dont think we really paid attention to the stereotypes..]

ugh I need to read the last volume now x.x

*nodd*

I'm still waiting for the last volume lol.

It's weird cuz I showed my friends this manhwa and they loved it. [i dont think we really paid attention to the stereotypes..]

ugh I need to read the last volume now x.x

It's probably easier for you not to pay attention to the stereotypes.

But for me I took offense to it.

Guest JiNi;

It's probably easier for you not to pay attention to the stereotypes.

But for me I took offense to it.

was it the gangster thing? :blink: Please explain the stereotypes @_@

was it the gangster thing? :blink: Please explain the stereotypes @_@

that was one of the things that bothered me

they make it like all black people are gangsters and have it bad for asian people.

Like I read vol 3 in the bookstore and the one with the Halloween party really made me angry

how they made the black girl act adn what they made her do to Sunil.

Guest DKYang

that was one of the things that bothered me

they make it like all black people are gangsters and have it bad for asian people.

Like I read vol 3 in the bookstore and the one with the Halloween party really made me angry

how they made the black girl act adn what they made her do to Sunil.

Volume 4 actually. I just skimmed through it and don't know what your talking about.

How did she act?

What would you expect from a jealous spoiled rich girl to do? She wanted that guy, but obviously the guy doesn't like her. So she tries to get rid of Sunil or something like that. Typical concept in anime. Trying to get rid of competition. Plus, is it because it was black guys? The girl is obviously black and they are probably friends with her. I still don't get what's wrong with that.

Anyways, I hope this doesn't turn into a debate. ^_^

Well she's just telling the truth.

Exactly!

but I'm not telling anyone to dislike the manga

I just didnt like it because I felt it was offensive.

It's probabaly not offensive to asian person because they are not the one's being stereotyped.

Besides this thread is like a year old anyways.

This won't turn into a debate cuz there's no reason for it to.

• 1 month later...
Guest JiNi;

My friends (they're black) read it and they didn't feel offended at all o.o they don't care. They like the manhwa.

*shrugg*

Sorry I'm bringing it up again but I really want to get the last volume but I can't find it T_T

I don't know why I'm so into this manhwa.. I guess it's because of the whole being mixed thing I kinda feel the same as the characters x_x

^To me the book was a hot mess

with great artwork

@Jini Well that's them.

I felt offended by the way they portrayed black people

no one noticed that everytime someone was doing something horrible or getting beat up...that character was black??

like in the beginning when Sunil beat up that black guy, and when the guys in the club through the glass at Spike

they were black, when the girl got Sunil beat up, she was black, not white, hispanic, nor asian, but they were all black people

being potrayed in a negative way, from the violent actions to the cruelty towards asians. It really bothered me :rolleyes:

but even besides that

the book was just dumb and it didnt really make any sense to me.

I can totally see why this manga got poor reviews

But I think ur right about the last vol

cuz they never have it in my comic book shops, they only have 1-3

but just try Half.com

they should have it there

• 1 year later...
Guest rochelle1tym

its one of my fav mangas.

i think its interesting.. esp to me since im mixed.. i think it appeals more to the mix people and what they have to deal with.

so stop complaining about it. -.-;;

Gelda just wants to spend time with her bro..not like in a weird sick way.

if you actually read other volumes of the book it reveals who she actually likes.

The story gets really good past vol.1

hi so what is this book about...since the character mixed what prejudice do they go through?

Guest Autumn1430263885

wow....old thread. but anyways, i read this manga a while ago because i heard it was good..but the plot just didn't capture my interest ^^; although i did aggree that it had a very realistic feel to it :]

Archived