(♫)________________ Mate (메이트)

Guest wassereis

This is AMAZING news. I've been waiting for this for so long. Goodness, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I hope these songs are as fantastic as their first album.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wassereis

I also can't wait :'D

there's even a trailer here

I'm interested, because I think it will be a bit different than the first one, maybe a bit more rockish *_*

Guest kevcozha

According to Jung Joon Il on Chin Chin we can expect to hear a bit more "strong" songs.

He also talked about his DJ experience w/ Im Heon Il (mainly about how difficult it was).

I'm so excited for their new mini-album Be Mate was such a good album I have high expectations for this mini-album as well.

Guest imcalledalauda

wassereis, thank you so much for the info. I'm so excited.

^ "Stronger" songs? I'm glad. I adored "하늘을 날아 (Fly to the Sky)" so much. Their other songs were lovely, of course, but "하늘을 날아" was just evoked such a rush of joy. (I think I may be setting myself up for disappointment considering how much I like that one song and am hoping for more songs just like that… but I know I'll be happy regardless.)

I'm so glad for the news. This thread has been dead for a while… which I know is kind of inevitable if an artist isn't very accessible to an international audience (through music shows, etc.). Though I'm not sure if I actually want them to perform much on the big three music shows (Music Bank, Music Core, Inkigayo). The nature of the shows necessitates "instrument-syncing" (that is, only the vocals are live), which I feel cheats the integrity of the band. So I guess it's a balance between promotions/visibility and doing it the right way.

Anyway, can't wait for the mini-album!!!

Guest imcalledalauda

i cant wait to listen to their new mini album..their first was really good though it grew on me originally...i saw them in korea and they were really good^^

You saw them live?? O_o Ahh I'm so jealous. In a good way. lol

May I ask, where was it? What kind of venue? And was it a full setlist (or just one or two songs?)

I am anxiously anticipating the moment I can start listening to the mini-album. x)

Guest wassereis

I love Mate! Besides their wonderful music, the drummer is soooooooo hot! Is he full Korean?

Hyun Jae the drummer once said that there was once a n american in his father's family but he himself just heard it, he didn't know the person, so it seems a whole while back, some generations...

wassereis, thank you so much for the info. I'm so excited.

^ "Stronger" songs? I'm glad. I adored "하늘을 날아 (Fly to the Sky)" so much. Their other songs were lovely, of course, but "하늘을 날아" was just evoked such a rush of joy. (I think I may be setting myself up for disappointment considering how much I like that one song and am hoping for more songs just like that… but I know I'll be happy regardless.)

I'm so glad for the news. This thread has been dead for a while… which I know is kind of inevitable if an artist isn't very accessible to an international audience (through music shows, etc.). Though I'm not sure if I actually want them to perform much on the big three music shows (Music Bank, Music Core, Inkigayo). The nature of the shows necessitates "instrument-syncing" (that is, only the vocals are live), which I feel cheats the integrity of the band. So I guess it's a balance between promotions/visibility and doing it the right way.

Anyway, can't wait for the mini-album!!!

I'd say the minialbum has more of a variety the first album didn't have. Don't have a complet 1a overview of the songs, but if there's a song comparable to 하늘을 날아 then it would be probably 'It's all about love' (the title Heon Il can sing but has difficulties to speak lol) but the songs have all in all a relative new feel, without loosing the 'mate-ish' I'd say .... but better hear for yourself >_>;

I think the problem was that they were either performing somewhere in clubs or doing and preparing concerts and making their minialbum, but I don't think international fans are much interested in when they give a concert?

I think know what you mean with the three big music shows. also, I think they have nowadays this 'mainstream-feel', do not neccessarily want to see Mate in that >_<

i cant wait to listen to their new mini album..their first was really good though it grew on me originally...i saw them in korea and they were really good^^

you did? without me? when? where? did you hear Joon Il laugh? :'D

Guest imcalledalauda

I'd say the minialbum has more of a variety the first album didn't have. Don't have a complet 1a overview of the songs, but if there's a song comparable to 하늘을 날아 then it would be probably 'It's all about love' (the title Heon Il can sing but has difficulties to speak lol) but the songs have all in all a relative new feel, without loosing the 'mate-ish' I'd say .... but better hear for yourself >_>;

Oh where did you hear their new minialbum? I've been looking for it… can't find it anywhere. >_<

EDIT

Never mind, I found it! About to go through it now. x)

Btw, when/where did you hear Heonil speaking the title?

Guest shermich90

Oh where did you hear their new minialbum? I've been looking for it… can't find it anywhere. >_<

EDIT

Never mind, I found it! About to go through it now. x)

oohh. ive been looking for it too. but cant find it. T.T can you please give me the link? :D

edit: oh wait, spoke too soon. i got it now. thanks. :D

Guest wassereis

^

01. It's all about love

02. Better

03. now again

04. Go

05. Dear my mate

06. End of the long time

07. now again (again)

I was at the concert :x they played the song there and when he was announcing it he was having problems, Joon Il helping him out a bit

Guest imcalledalauda

^

01. It's all about love

02. Better

03. now again

04. Go

05. Dear my mate

06. End of the long time

07. now again (again)

I was at the concert :x they played the song there and when he was announcing it he was having problems, Joon Il helping him out a bit

Haha that's funny about the pronunciation. In an endearing way… I wish I could have seen it. So then Joonil can speak it well?

There's a seventh song on the tracklist? I haven't heard of it before… Is it an instrumental? Alternate version?

Do you know where I can listen to it?

Guest sjummer0.6

YEAH!! Mate's 2nd album is out :3 *double happiness. Very much anticipate their release of new ablum when I knew that they were having concert on last yr. So envious those fans who went there. I've rather much high standards for this album actually since they made me fell so so so in love with their previous one! Haha. Haven't went to listen to e songs yet but I believe they wouldn't fail me with their exceptionally vocal talents and composing abilities!!

I really want them to perform at Inki Mucore Mubank! though hyunjae will not have the chance to conduct live performance and flaunt his tlaents as a drummer

MATE 2nd ALBUM FIGHTING!!!!!

Guest 0oyokisuo0

i really like their mini album, mate definitely needs more promotion. every song on the mini album has a different feel, i love it! do they perform on any of the music shows?

I absolutely love "It's All About Love." I also finally got my hands on the After the Banquet OST, so I''ve been playing 달콤한 휴식 a lot as well ^^;

Guest love.peace.happiness.

i just discovered their music and i have to say it is truly a breathe of fresh air in this ocean of pop idols and audio tune music..they are really good and their music is very smoothing and easy to listen to...they just gain one more fan =)

Archived