(♫)________________ Mate (메이트)

Guest wassereis

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wassereis

I'm lazy. pics from Jisan Rock festival.

2009072619391736151942.th.jpg 2009072814102535968712.th.jpg

aww, they gave a fansign ㅠㅠ why didn't I went there?

ckiimg3349.jpg

ckiimg3376.jpg

ckiimg3393.jpg

They met No Reply there 8D *is verry happy*

jisan.jpg

they also met them at a beautiful mint life recording

noreplymateo.jpg

Joon Il at Taeyeon's Chinhan Chingu (was he alone there? o_O)

2009080201181524364211.jpg

and... they were already in a japanese magazine? O_O wow.

57705811.jpg

credits: Mate cyworld club, No Reply cyworld club

Guest Luis ChangMin

OMO!

MATE boys met No Reply...jjang meeting!

xD

Jhongmal gomawo for the pics.

Can't wait to see them back to music programs (TV).

Miss them~

And it's really great see the boys becoming more famous with international fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest wassereis

yesterday Mate were on Sketchbook again. It feels like seeing them after a long time, kind of XD;;;

YHY Sketchbook - Mate - 하늘을 날아

YHY Sketchbook - Mate - man in the mirror

YHY Sketchbook - Mate - 그럴때 마다 (feat Oh Ji Eun)

and I found a video of their video shooting. they're so cute XD~

they started some evening (when it was cold) and the shooting went until 2pm the next day o_o

at some point Heon Il looks really tired (it's about 5am) and HyunJae is kinda jumping around XD

oh, and it seems Joon Il played in the drama '다함께 차차차' ('All rogether Cha Cha Cha' or sth like this) *_* need to see. haha

Guest saranghae24

i was able to watch them on Sketchbook last night, but the quality wasn't that good. ><

oohh, the shooting of the MV! yay! haven't seen that yet. thanks for sharing!!

Guest imcalledalauda

wassereis, thank you for the videos! I loved that they performed 하늘을 나라 again. It's my favorite song by them. x)

According to Music Bank's twitter, Mate will be performing there again this week!

I wonder what they'll be playing…

Guest wassereis

imcalledalauda, I know D: I like watching them performing this song over and over again. more than 그리워 actually Xp

yepp, they performed on Music Bank :'D

they performed a shortened version of 그리워 again.

Music Bank - 그리워

and, I missed it. Joon Il and Heon Il got their radio corners! D:

Joon Il is every sunday on a corner called '다시 만난 음악 세계' (guess it's from soshi's title '다시 만난 세계' so to translate it in a contence it would be 'into a new music world' 8D) at Taeyeon's chinhan chingu.

pics from the 23rd I've stolen from the soshi thread :x

ev769g.jpg

2hpsu0x.jpg

9amv7s.jpg

33bmgj6.jpg

2wceamu.jpg

260skxu.jpg

and Joon Il and Heon Il have a corner at 'Blue Night' called '꿈꾸는 다락방' ('dreaming loft'? @_@) every sunday.

(both programs on mbc)

• 4 weeks later...

[MV HD]Mate (메이트) - 난 너를 사랑해 (I Love You) [Album Vol.1 - Be Mate]

Singer : Mate

Album : Vol.1 - Be Mate

Date : 5 October 2009 (27 April Album)

Tracklist :

01. 고백 (Confession)

02. 그리워

03. Come Back To Me

04. Its Alright

05. 하늘을 날아

06. 너에게.. 기대

07. 우울한 너에게

08. 왜 (Why)

09. 난 너를 사랑해

10. 안녕 (Hello)

info credit: urasiansourceKpop @ YouTube

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wassereis

uh, I haven't kept up on them for a while.

They will have a third concert. it will be four days long, 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th December. Merry Christmas~~

ticket open is 29th for people who are interested. (anyone here going? >_>)

also, they will have a new album coming January~February and they will show new songs on the concert *__*

Guest imcalledalauda

New album?! *dances*

Wow, I'm actually very excited for new songs by them. I haven't found myself able to say that for anyone in a while. :P

Man, I only wish I could go to their concert. (Maybe there will be fancams to tide me over…)

Thanks for the info, wassereis!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wassereis

HyunJae cut his hair and I think he looks far better with that style than with the long hair. He looks really good actually.

0900778401.jpg

09007784p.gif

in some hours is ticket opening for 3 of 4 performances of their concert. wonder how fast they'll be gone D:

Guest wassereis

I think there are still a lot of tickets o_o but a lot went rigth after the ticket opening

1l1256958500.jpg

2009110310395910021.jpg

Rock band Mate was chosen as exclusive models of the jewelry brand LUSUS.

Mate received a high interest with their title song 'Miss/Longing' and also songs like 'Fly to the Sky', 'I love you', 'Lean.. on you' etc from their debut Album released in spring 2009. They are a talented rock band with their album on rank 1 of the newcomer band’s album sales.

Not just their abilities, also their outward appearance is outstanding; drummer Lee Hyun Jae is also active as model for various brands like UGIZ, Cold Stone, Nikon etc.

A representative of LUSUS stated "searching for a strong, delicate and high ranking like model, we saw Mate's performance and we thought that all three are qualified for this position and proposed them to become exclusive models." and "especially fitting the image and slogan of 'with Mate together the luck comes', we plan to design a special jewelry with a symbol containing a clover with Mate's logo."

On the other side Mate is preparing for their Concert 'It's Christmas Mate' from 23rd until 26th December.

Mate is receiving high attention with their advanced concert ticket selling rising on rank 3 in just a few days. Right after the ticket open on 29th at 2pm 1000 tickets were sold in advance through Interpark, threatening the top ranking of advanced sells in just one day and receiving high interest from music fans.

Vocal and guitar Im Heon Il says "We plan to show a different sound to make the Christmas festival brighter" and "with a special sound we will make the performance stay keep in the audience’s hearts"

source 1 | 2

mix up of two articles =_=;

Guest imcalledalauda

HyunJae cut his hair and I think he looks far better with that style than with the long hair. He looks really good actually.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8832/0900778401.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1413/09007784p.gif

in some hours is ticket opening for 3 of 4 performances of their concert. wonder how fast they'll be gone D:

Omo wow that new hair! I'm kind of glad b/c personally i'm not a fan of long hair. But wow he looks so boyish. I think it's his tiny face and the way his hair curls… I guess the curly hair is natural then?

It's funny, I read the text ("Hyunjae cut his hair") first and couldn't remember for a second who was who… scrolled down a bit, saw Heonil and Joonil (but I couldn't remember their names) and thought maybe it was Joonil (because it looks like he has cut his hair)… then scrolled down some more and was like "Oh yeah he's Hyunjae OMO his hair." lol :P

(But I don't like Heonil's dyed hair… personal preference, I know, but I just like natural black hair on Asians. :P)

Oh and thank you for the article translation! Jewelry? interesting…

Man, what I wouldn't give to attend their concert. I imagine it'll be amazing… I'm glad they're apparently quite successful in Korea. I selfishly wish they could perform on more music shows b/c that's really the only way I get to see them perform, but oh well. :P

And their concert poster is cute. ^_^

• 1 month later...
Guest wassereis

^ thanks a lot for the updates

the making of is really nice to watch :'D heon il dancing around a bit haha and did joon il forgot what the lyrics were about? ^^;

can't wait for their 5 track(?) minialbum coming next year *_*

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wassereis

haven't been keeping up on them very much, but they're releasing their first minialbum in 2 days:

krok000735s.jpg

메이트 (Mate) - With Mate (MINI ALBUM)

Tracklist

01. It's all about love

02. Better

03. 이제 다시

04. Go

05. Dear my mate

06. 긴 시간의 끝

07. 이제 다시 (again)

Archived