Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

Congrats to Djokovic for his win over Federer in Montreal !!!

Yeah, I was a little surprised, but Djokovic is a good player and I'm glad to see him doing so well - first Roddick, then Nadal, and finally the biggie, Federer.

Anyone thinks he can break the Federer-Nadal stranglehold on the men's game?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PecanPie02

^^Yes~~ I think he has GREAT potential.. the way he moves around the court is AMAZING~~ omg.. he seriously is going to be the next #1 sad to say.. wahh Nadal..-_______-""

I knew Djokovic wasn't your average player.... -__________- beating FEDERER and NADAL OMG~~

so excited to see what's gonna happen in New York...

btw.. I'm not really a fan of Federer winning over and over again but it made me sad to see him lose to Djokovic.. -________---

imo, i think he's the next player to win a major after Federer and Nadal. I was looking at the match and it looked like Federer struggle with his forehand and couldn't really get into his usual rhythm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest prelude

US Opens! Oh my gosh, I watched the most HILARIOUS/pathetic round yesterday between Maria Sharapova (currently seeded #2) and Roberta Vinci (never heard of her...).

Sharapova was creaming Vinci, and their first set was finished in no time. Sharapova won 6-0.

On the second round, Sharapova was again winning by tons. It came to a point that when Vinci won ONE POINT, she cheered happily for herself. Of course, Sharapova, who is always expressionless, won that game. The set was 5-0. It was deuce on the set point - and oh my, Vinci won! The score became 5-1 (Sharapova), and Vinci's entire face split into a wide grin. She raised her arms in victory and received a standing ovation from the crowd.

Gosh, it was so hilarious. She won her FIRST game in that entire match, and she was smiling with glee. Sharapova then finished the next game in a blink - and obviously won the match.

I felt sorry for Vinci for having being paired up with 2nd seeded Sharapova. But it was ridiculous how overjoyed she became when she won her first game.

Anyway, Sharapova's into the Second Round! Go her! Oh, and I loved her red Nike dress. She's so fashionable. XP

Today:

I think Serena Williams completed her 2nd round and won. She's in the third round now.

Isner beat De Voest and will be going to the 3rd round.

And... Federer beat Capdeville (something like that). It was a good game, though.

And, yeah, I watched a lot of TV today. Haha, I just go out and play some tennis.

Guest jvchou1316

aww.rafa's playing tonight. i hope he'll be alright.

i'm waitin for that fed rematch.. but with the injury... no!!!!

right now::

aww again. tim henman lost another set. i feel sorry for him. he and davydenko have pitiable faces.

Guest prelude

OMG THE GAME BETWEEN JAMES BLAKE AND SANTORO WAS AMAZING! Santoro, although in his 30s, has such impressive endurance! It was such a close game, but Blake deserved the win.

Oh, and not to mention the 4 hour+ game between Djokovic and Stepanek! Both were so exhausted afterwards. Stepanek can put on some awesome fights. I felt sorry for Djokovic because I think he was injured, but he won at last! Fantastic win, great job!

4th rounds are coming up!

Guest PecanPie02

^^UH YES~~ she has MAJOR problems...

I was like uh.. hmm... its the wind right..? -________-""

And I also felt REALLY bad for her when her dad exited the match even before it ended (guessing he thought she was going to lose..)

come on mr. yuri now thats just being plain old mean~

And right now im seeing the scores for hyun taek lee and hes leading andy murray 1 set.. OMG.. cant wait to see who wins ><O

and I heard the commentators on USA channel say that Sharapova was really good with her interview being truthful(?) and professional and even giving her opponent some credit on winning.. I thought that was nice of her..~

and is it just me or does serena have to step up her game... 0________0~

OO and yea andy roddick wow~~ (love his serve...)

Guest jvchou1316

Ooooo lee hyun taik won.

asian pride. ahahahah

he's doing reall welllll. i'm so excited for him

and dangg i need to watch a roddick match. the last one sounds awesome.

Guest Paper Wings

There has been a lot of good matches going on lately. The bottom half of the women's draw is totally open now that maria and a bunch of other seeded players were eliminated. I'm gonna say that Peer is gonna upset kuznetsova and make it to the final lol And on the guy's side, part of me wants Federer to win, he looked good against Isner today...but part of me wants Djokovic to win. I think he has a good shot of making it to the final since nadal has his knees bothering him.

Archived