Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

Guest sailormei

Alright! Federer lost again! Something about this Canas guy...

Yeah, it's so weird. It's like, Yo! Feddy! Get your groove on...

but then again, heheh. FINALLY.. after winning all those matches..

I wonder what's going on?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JRMhothothot

I actually don't mind when Federer loses because I'm a total Nadal fan (who just lost :tears: ) This Federer domination is getting pretty darn boring.

Also I just found out Canas just finished a one year suspension for steroids. Not trying to say anything but...

Guest truexskills

hey for any serious tennis players in here...

can anyone give me suggestions on what overgrip you guys use? i guess im looking for tackiness, but also durability that can last longer than after the session that i put the grip on...i usually use head overgrips, but if anyone feels that wilson overgrips are better...specific names would be great..(if possible) but im aiming for wilson or head overgrips so..

also, does anyone wear the barricades? i need new shoes, but i hear that they're quite thick or heavy..so if anyone has any opinions/personal experiences..

two other shoes that i am considering are the nike max breathe free II or..there was a shoe that looked similar to the breathe frees by having the fabric with holes in it covering the shoe, but i havent seen those in production lately...

can anyone give me suggestions on what overgrip you guys use? i guess im looking for tackiness, but also durability that can last longer than after the session that i put the grip on...i usually use head overgrips, but if anyone feels that wilson overgrips are better...specific names would be great..(if possible) but im aiming for wilson or head overgrips so..

also, does anyone wear the barricades? i need new shoes, but i hear that they're quite thick or heavy..so if anyone has any opinions/personal experiences..

two other shoes that i am considering are the nike max breathe free II or..there was a shoe that looked similar to the breathe frees by having the fabric with holes in it covering the shoe, but i havent seen those in production lately...

i use the wilson pro over grip, the white one like federer's. The yonex one's are good as well. :sweatingbullets:

and i wear barricades too, and i used to wear the nike air max breathe free's until my feet grew a bit. try http://tennis-warehouse.com/ or http://www.holabirdsports.com/cgi-bin/refi...n=menu&id=4 .

Guest sailormei

Wowowoww.

Serena dropping the first set 6-0, but coming back to win the Sony Ericsson over Henin.

Great points!!

Guest supa'Wanki

Serena won?! Wow.. I watched the first set and I thought she'd lose.

Our team lost our league title 8-10... I guess we'll go into playoffs in 2nd place.

Guest sailormei

Serena won?! Wow.. I watched the first set and I thought she'd lose.

Our team lost our league title 8-10... I guess we'll go into playoffs in 2nd place.

Yeah, I watched the first set, too & I thought Henin was gonna rip through the match, so I turned off the TV... and then I come back & Serena got through two match points in the second set & ended up winning. Henin slipped a couple of times; lucky she didn't get injured badly.

Aw. Well good luck to your team :)

Guest Liberi Fatali

Hahah, yeah, I saw that. I thought Serena was gunna lose at first, but BAM, she came back, it was a good game.

I personally use tourna grip, but that's just me.

Guest jvchou1316

I actually don't mind when Federer loses because I'm a total Nadal fan (who just lost :tears: ) This Federer domination is getting pretty darn boring.

Also I just found out Canas just finished a one year suspension for steroids. Not trying to say anything but...

word.

Guest sailormei

heh heh.

djokovic ripped through canas today, too.

he has some nice ground strokes.

too bad he had some really big forehand errors.

i guess he's a guy to watch for, hm?

Guest trixtah

well Canas didn't get suspended for steroids. He got suspended and the court of arbitration reduced his sentence from two years to several months because he is innocent. He had a diuretic in his system that was prescribed by a doctor at the Acapulco tournament. Anyway, right now the swiss supreme court is arguing in his favor and also there is the argument that the atp should compensate him for earnings he could have won because at the time of suspension, he was in the top 10. He's got a pretty similar game to Rafa so I'd expect him to beat Roger...so many balls that would have been winners were returned by Canas, major props to this guy's fighting spirit.

dJOKEovic...man I hate this guy. He is the most conceited tennis player ever and always makes comments about how good he is. Remember Roland Garros, down two sets to Rafa and retired he said at the press conference that he was in control the whole match... :P hahah. Oh well, he's got some game but whatever.

Guest THiS ONE LOSER

TENNIS<33

My friend got me to join somehow. I love him for that. There weren't any tryouts for the team at my school. You show up and you're on the team. (: But our team is kinda small ToT~

Guest JRMhothothot

Sigh...I would have loved to watch Canas and Nadal duking it out.

I'm so mad! I missed the finals for Sony Ericsson! I heard Djokovic did really well. My friend (who's an even bigger Nadal fan than me) got a lot of new respect for him.

Oh well...Clay court season coming up!

Guest KIM_SAYS:

Ahhhh Roland Garros. I won't be able to watch it this year...except maybe the finals if it's aired on CBS or something. My mom canceled cable...there went my ESPN. :(

Hmm...lesson of the day: do not play tennis when you just got stitches on your finger. Because:

1) It's painful.

2) You look like an idiot trying run around to hit forehands or backhands.

3) It's painful.

May seem obvious, but I am quite stupid and stubborn.

Guest sailormei

Ahhhh Roland Garros. I won't be able to watch it this year...except maybe the finals if it's aired on CBS or something. My mom canceled cable...there went my ESPN. :(

Hmm...lesson of the day: do not play tennis when you just got stitches on your finger. Because:

1) It's painful.

2) You look like an idiot trying run around to hit forehands or backhands.

3) It's painful.

May seem obvious, but I am quite stupid and stubborn.

Ouch to both no ESPN & stitches!

I hope you feel better!!

Ahh. Davis Cup tomorrow.

Oii. *crosses fingers* Roddick! I don't really think he should be playing with his injury, but blehh!

Guest JRMhothothot

KIM SAYS: aww...poor you! that sucks, no ESPN and stitches on your finger! Hope it heals soon!

and yeah, I wish they aired Davis Cup matches on tv :(

Go U.S.!

Guest _eunsole_

Hello. I never knew there was a tennis thred but I guess there is xP

I play tennis everyday [except wed] but I don't watch it on t.v. or anything. [too busy playing instead]

I only started like a year ago but I fell in love <3 I guess.

Thats my intro...

Archived