Blackberry Thread

Guest loverlyxcth

Guest !annaaA.

How do I add a new display language to my Blackberry (9700 Bold if it makes any difference) because all I see is little squares in replace of characters in other languages...

It's doing my head in argggh D:

I think it said to go to Desktop Manager and change it from there but I don't get how <_<

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest keletam

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> Curve 8520

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> Nope

What OS do you have? 5.0

What's your provider? ----> Etisalat

What theme do you have? ----> Precsion Zen with Narsha wallpaper

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> came already with the phone

Ringtone? ----> Narsha -bbi ri bba ba

Text tone? ----> The default ones

Anything else? ----> am addicted to Narsha MV concept i had my mobile all green coz of my theme wallpaper.....even the avatar in my bbm..........mom already annoyed with the ringtone but thats ok...... Bbi Ri BBa Ba Bbiribaba ~~

Guest tirahbunny

So I've been looking into Blackberries and I've decided to get the Bold 9700. Today I saw a post on it on craigslist for $190, new, still in box. I need suggestions... should I go for it?

erm thats dirt cheap, HELL YES GO FOR IT! I looked on craigslist also and only saw them for 300 to 400 o.O

Guest AUDIO__0NE

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> Bold 9650

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> yes?

If so (to the above question), how? ----> i have a case on it?

What OS do you have? What's your provider? ----> 5.0 Verizon

What theme do you have? ----> Small Icons made for 9700 but compatible

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> I don't remember..

Ringtone? ----> Sistar- Push Push

Text tone? ----> A melody tone I got off Soompi's Ringtone thread.

Anything else? ----> ?????????????

Guest rOothx33

Two months late, but better late than never, yes? :)

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> Bold 9650

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> Not really :(

If so (to the above question), how? ----> --

What OS do you have? What's your provider? ----> 5.0 Verizon

What theme do you have? ----> Just the standard.

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> --

Ringtone? ----> 아이유 ft. 슬옹 - 잔소리

Text tone? ----> BBPro_GungHo

Anything else? ----> 32223769 add me! :)

Guest keep-smiling-sunshine

I'm thinking about getting a blackberry (blackberry bold to be exact) and I just have a few questions.

1) Does the blackberry lag or randomly shut off? If so, how often?

2) How's the battery life?

3) Any problems that I should consider? 

thanks for your help! :]

Guest serendipityxt

i recently got a blackberry from ebay. $160, used and refurbished, but looks very new. I have T-Mobile and I don't have a data plan on my phone. What are some features I can still use without the data plan? Like, would I be able to sync it to my computer? Or use WIFI? So far I only have been using it for calls, texting, and taking stuff down in the memopad.

Guest tirahbunny

i recently got a blackberry from ebay. $160, used and refurbished, but looks very new. I have T-Mobile and I don't have a data plan on my phone. What are some features I can still use without the data plan? Like, would I be able to sync it to my computer? Or use WIFI? So far I only have been using it for calls, texting, and taking stuff down in the memopad.

whats the model?

you can use wifi if it supports it.

without a data plan you cant use bbm, aim, official twitter, etc. basically any program or app that is from Blackberry. you can use the browser through wifi and access the blackberry app world to download apps but you can only use them if they support wifi.

yes you can still sync it to the computer...all you need is the data cable.

Guest BEBED0LLIE

whats the model?

you can use wifi if it supports it.

without a data plan you cant use bbm, aim, official twitter, etc. basically any program or app that is from Blackberry. you can use the browser through wifi and access the blackberry app world to download apps but you can only use them if they support wifi.

yes you can still sync it to the computer...all you need is the data cable.

you said that you could still use bbm even without a data plan.. does that mean like if you have wifi, you can use it? does it still give you a pin and all :3 ? cause i'm getting a bb but i'm fer sure not getting a data plan but i really wanted bbm =(

Guest tirahbunny

you said that you could still use bbm even without a data plan.. does that mean like if you have wifi, you can use it? does it still give you a pin and all :3 ? cause i'm getting a bb but i'm fer sure not getting a data plan but i really wanted bbm =(

oh did i? i thought i wrote that without a data plan, you *cant* use bbm.

you still have a PIN, because every blackberry has their own PIN but you wont be able to send or receive messages or add anyone on bbm.

the only things you can use with a wi-fi connection is the web browser, and whatever apps that you install that supports wi-fi. I know that the preloaded apps such as AIM and BBM do not work. Facebook doesnt work either, and Official Twitter for Blackberry doesn't work. Ubertwitter will work with wi-fi, and also Snaptu. Beejive is another app for instant messenging and it works with wi-fi.

Guest Chirasu

^

I thought at first that you couldn't use bbm without a data plan, but something is making me wonder about that. I have a data plan on my blackberry 8520. Recently I went camping, where I had no mobile phone service. I couldn't send texts or make phone calls, however, the lodge where I was staying had wifi. While connected to it, I was able to receive email, use my browser, and also use bbm. This makes me think that bbm is possible without a data plan. Can anyone confirm?

Also the pin is built into the phone I think. Go Options > Status and it should be there.

Guest BEBED0LLIE

oh did i? i thought i wrote that without a data plan, you *cant* use bbm.

you still have a PIN, because every blackberry has their own PIN but you wont be able to send or receive messages or add anyone on bbm.

the only things you can use with a wi-fi connection is the web browser, and whatever apps that you install that supports wi-fi. I know that the preloaded apps such as AIM and BBM do not work. Facebook doesnt work either, and Official Twitter for Blackberry doesn't work. Ubertwitter will work with wi-fi, and also Snaptu. Beejive is another app for instant messenging and it works with wi-fi.

OOHHH. then maybe i read wrong xD but daaang, i wanted to use bbm even without a data plan : (

^

I thought at first that you couldn't use bbm without a data plan, but something is making me wonder about that. I have a data plan on my blackberry 8520. Recently I went camping, where I had no mobile phone service. I couldn't send texts or make phone calls, however, the lodge where I was staying had wifi. While connected to it, I was able to receive email, use my browser, and also use bbm. This makes me think that bbm is possible without a data plan. Can anyone confirm?

Also the pin is built into the phone I think. Go Options > Status and it should be there.

The message goes through RIM server, and if you don't have BIS, your BBM service wont be active. Blackberries uses something call Service Books which gets pushed to your phone when you have the data service.

Guest tophu

I'm new to Blackberries.. I've had a cheap flip phone for months now haha.

Which one is better? Blackberry Curve or Blackberry Tour 9630?

What carriers have this phone? Or does it matter? And how much are they in Canada?

I'm a bit tight on money but I want one soo bad lol.

Archived