Blackberry Thread

Guest loverlyxcth

Guest JJ no Baka

oops one more thing, should i have kept the bold because it is worth more than the 8520?

You can sell it to get money back. :lol: Compared by specs, bold is worth more.

I was at the Tmobile store checking out the bb's because I didn't know which to get. I would prefer the trackpad over the trackball because it'll be less of a hassle to clean the ball. For me, I felt like the curve is too small. I would get the bold, but no money. :(

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tirahbunny

^^^ :( it would seem i traded the higher end for the lower end! lol

before, i thought the Bold was too big/wide, and the back leather cover felt weird under my fingertips. i got cases for it but it just made the size even worse.

but on the 8520, the trackpad is nice though. reallly nice. i always had trouble with the other bb's trackballs getting dirty and it would annoy me so much!

i think ill keep this bb, and sell my other phones to get a Bold again hehehe

Guest JJ no Baka

After painstakingly looking for a Blackberry for almost a month, dealing with scammers and flakers and non-replyers, I finally bought the 8900.

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> Blackberry Curve 8900

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> Theme-wise, yes.

If so (to the above question), how? ----> Tokidoki themed.

What OS do you have? What's your provider? ----> v4.6.1 and on AT&T

What theme do you have? ----> Tokidoki. :P

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> crackberry.com

Ringtone? ----> Nothing Else by Dontae

Text tone? ----> BBPro_Sanguine

Anything else? ----> I LOVE IT.

Guest tirahbunny

A question for the girls here:

Can you still type on your BB with long nails? Like 4-7mm?

yeah, I can still type. my thumbs do most of the typing and it's fairly easy for the tip of my thumbs to type since i dont have big fingers even though i have long nails.

Guest High Kick

i got my bb bold 9700 yesterday and i've been playing with it the entire time ever since. i love it and i'm going try and learn everything i can about it.

thanks for creating this thread, lots of good info and stuff.

Which Blackberry model do you own? blackberry bold 9700

Did you personalize/alter it? not yet but i'm planning on buying a bottom piece without the carrier logo on it

What OS do you have? What's your provider? 5.0 t-mobile

What theme do you have? zen (it's one of the default ones)

Ringtone? prince of the sea

Text tone? one of the tones off a samsung

Anything else? i'm attaching a lanyard to it as i'm typing

A question for the girls here:

Can you still type on your BB with long nails? Like 4-7mm?

yeah i actually find it easier to type with my nails

hey everyone I just got my blackberry curve 8520 today..

I was just playing around with it..so I'm using wi-fi now and tried to use MSN and ICQ but it doesnt work..what am I doing wrong?

hey everyone I just got my blackberry curve 8520 today..

I was just playing around with it..so I'm using wi-fi now and tried to use MSN and ICQ but it doesnt work..what am I doing wrong?

i think you need data to use those IM apps. try palringo instead - i use it and it works nicely with wifi.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this question has been asked already... but,

which keypad is easier for typing, the tour or the curve?

and also, the tour and the bold are the same things except for the trackball / trackpad, right?

thanks =)

just made a choice of getting the 9700 over an iphone. my first blackberry and im loving it. i can see why they refer to it as crack. no wonder all my friends use this. its so useful! been playing with it all night.

Guest tirahbunny

Sorry if this question has been asked already... but,

which keypad is easier for typing, the tour or the curve?

and also, the tour and the bold are the same things except for the trackball / trackpad, right?

thanks =)

the keyboard on the Tour is like the Bold so it is bigger and easier to use than on the Curve.

The Tour and Bold only share the same keyboard, the looks of the Tour is more like the Curve 8900, and neither of them have a trackpad, all have trackball except on the Tour the ball is black, Bold is white, and Curve has black.

the only Blackberrys right now that have trackpads are the Curve 8520 and the new Bold 2/Onyx 9700.

So I just decided to start using my 8830 WE again. I bought it back when I studied abroad in the United States because I was constantly going back and forth. I got a white Curve 8520 right when I came to France, but the French keyboard got too irritating even after three months, so I switched back.

It's an older model, it hasn't got a camera, and it's the size of a brick, but it's my favourite thing ever.

I have been eyeing the new Bold 9700 though. I think I'm going to get it once I finally move back to the UK.

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> Blackberry Curve 9700

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> naww too lazy

What OS do you have? What's your provider? ----> v5.0.344 with Fido (unlocked Bell phone)

What theme do you have? ----> nothing as of now

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> crackberry.com

Ringtone? ----> T-ara ... song i forgot the title

Anything else? ----> I LOVE IT if it was for the camera im using my other keita when i need it for the camera but the keyboard is awesome pinp to pin as well omfg love it so much

Guest High Kick

i am absolutely loving my bold 9700! jeez. i play with it even though i'm not doing anything on it.

and i agree with aicsos -- i too know now why they call it crack. ha.

xstarBURST, i think you have to pay for it to get to light up all your notifications. they had a 50% off sale on it that ended yesterday on crackberry.com; it was only $2-something.

here's my current wallpaper and theme:

BB9700.jpg

Archived