Organix Products

Guest aiaigasa

Guest aiaigasa

Shampoos, conditioners, & others -- share your experiences!
hi guys! recently i seem to have been reading a lot about organix shampoos on soompi so i wanted to see just how many people use them, and how many people like using them!

personal experience: i haven't been using it long, but so far i noticed that it makes my hair REALLY soft, and less hair falls out -- from what i can tell. i use the coconut milk scent and it's SO GOOD T___T;; if i hear more good news from other people i'm thinking of buying another scent~ there seem to be lots of really yummy ones out there. ^^;

there's been a lot of hype recently about sulfate-free shampoos, and i also read somewhere that it dramatically reduces hair loss. a lot of people have come out against SLS (sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate) as ingredients that are very harsh to the scalp and likely do more harm than good:

My reason for avoiding SLS & ALS?

I began to notice that I was starting to have 18 year olds sit in my chair that had hair thinning and hair loss. Something I had never seen before. Of course, I had 40 -50 - 60 year olds with the beginnings of this normal problem. As you age, your hair thins. . . of course in men, but the problem began to become super predominant in women PLUS it began to become a problem in youth. . . so I began reading. This is when I started my journey into cosmetic chemistry.... so it took a full year of reading and joining a couple different groups, ordering huge textbooks and reading them learning how EXACTLY the hair follicle/hair strand worked. How and why certain things happened that had to do with the growing cycle....then I began to look into some of the ingredients in some of the products that we used.

Long Story - - - SHORT . . . I started to focus on SLS and ALS. . . and then I got my first microscope. Then I ordered my first tub of SLS ( a powder). I opened the jar and the caustic smell of it burnt the inside of my nose and nearly knocked me over. I could NOT believe how rough and how horrifically strong - - JUST THE SCENT - - of this product was. I knew right then and there that this one ingredient was the cause of all the problems.

It also cost pennies, so the whole thing started to make more and more sense to me.

Super cheap . . . so the profits would be huge.

Super bubbles, which the public had been trained to search for from the commercials.

Easy to work with.

source: http://killerstrands.blogspot.com/2008/01/...ampoo-list.html (the blog is written by a hair colorist/stylist, i think -- the entire post is really useful, and the author also recommends several SLS-free shampoos ^^)

good/bad experiences? please share! ^^

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cheri.B*

Is "Organix" a brand line? o.o

I don't use it if it is a brand line, but I do use a random organic soap.

It helps my hair from fall outs by 75%.

It doesn't contain the ingredients you listed.

You should look in the Fitness section under Soap and Water. It has details of chemicals you can find in shampoo.

Guest aiaigasa

Is "Organix" a brand line? o.o

I don't use it if it is a brand line, but I do use a random organic soap.

It helps my hair from fall outs by 75%.

It doesn't contain the ingredients you listed.

You should look in the Fitness section under Soap and Water. It has details of chemicals you can find in shampoo.

yeah, it's a brand line. which soap do you use?

i sometimes wanted to try the soap & water technique but i don't want to wait out the grimy period T___T maybe i'll try it somewhere down the road.

Guest m_xiong

do this organix shampoo make hair really soft and make it fall out less????

do this shampoo make your hair not itchy too cuz i have serious hair falling and itchy scalp

ive been wanting to change new type of shampoo but i dont know btw do u recommend this shampoo?

Yeah! I used Organix before. I'm always on the hunt for good shampoo and conditioner since i have dry skin.. which makes my scalp dry and flaky.

I got Organix at TARGET. that's probably why people have a hard time finding it?

I got the peppermint tea tree oil shampoo [eh]

and Coconut milk conditioner [:) this was really good.]

I'm using Noah's Naturals right now, and it kinda sucks. the moment my hair dries, my scalp is dry and flaky again, but when I used Organix, i got relief, PLUS, my hair was so shiny and smooth!!

The reason why i only used them once was cause i didn't feel like driving to Target to get it. lol

but i would DEFINITELY recommend it!!!!!!!!!!!

I just started using Organix mango olive oil shampoo and conditioner.

The conditioner isn't very moisturizing = /

Wonder if I should switch to a different line.

I don't like the conditioner either because of the same reason.

I switched back to my old conditioner.

I use "Organix Reviving White Tea Grapeseed" shampoo.

I really like this brand, I've been using it for more than a month. I feel I have more hair than ever , also softer and healthier too. :P

I also use the Organix Coconut Milk anti-breakage Serum, it's a leave-in conditioner. This product is also awesome, better than Garnier Fructis one.

319X0vyeJCL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Guest miszphi xo

I used to have dry not-so-smooth hair and I really wanted silky hair. I tried Organix after reading the forums on Soompi from people who suggested it and boy does it work wonders! My hair isn't exactly silky smooth but I hope it can be. It's definitely much softer and smoother than before! ^___^; I use the vanilla silk soft and silky one. CVS didn't offer many other smells so I had to choose it. The smell is quaint. :)

Guest aiaigasa

do this organix shampoo make hair really soft and make it fall out less????

do this shampoo make your hair not itchy too cuz i have serious hair falling and itchy scalp

ive been wanting to change new type of shampoo but i dont know btw do u recommend this shampoo?

well it has helped with both of those problems for me but i only used it for a week so far -- so maybe some of the other replies would be more helpful ^^

I also use the Organix Coconut Milk anti-breakage Serum, it's a leave-in conditioner. This product is also awesome, better than Garnier Fructis one.

sorry to cut out your reply but where did you get that from? should i try target? o__o;; i usually use garnier fructis leave-in conditioner but it makes my hair kind of weird. :x

I heard from reviews that the conditioner is bad but the shampoo is good o.o so i bought the pomegranate green tea and its AWESOME xD i mean i used garnier fructis before and i loved the smell but it made my hair... dry? ._. the conditioner was good ^^ i only tried to pgt so i don't know about the others yet, but so far it made my hair look shinier, smell nicer, and softer ^^ don't know aobut the hair falling out tho =/ i mean this isn't the BEST but it's good so i'm satisfied for now =]

i just thought you should know that it's mandarin olive oil, not mango :)

anyway i recently started using organix shampoo (tea tree mint) and conditioner (mandarin olive oil) and i have to say that it's AMAZINGGG. i dyed my hair over half a year ago and it felt like i was losing hair and it was getting way too thin (you don't understand how horrible this is for me, because i used to have super thick awesome hair), but then i used the shampoo and conditioner and felt the difference after one use. what a miracle! and it smells super yummy too :D and i feel that it makes my hair stronger and smoother..my hair is DEFINITELY thicker (and it's only been 3 days). i'm not exaggerating cos 3 days ago i could see my eyebrows through my bangs but now you can't, just like it used to be in the past haha.

i think i've fallen in love with organix :D can't wait till i finish these 2 bottles to try more scents~!

Guest aiaigasa

^ lol thanks for catching that. i was all @___@ after seeing the variety of scents on their website haha xD

about the conditioner, does it work well for you? my friends who use organix told me not to bother with the conditioners because they don't detangle your hair :x does it feel weird or anything? i have curly/wavy hair so it would probably make a lot of baddd tangles lol T___T

^ lol thanks for catching that. i was all @___@ after seeing the variety of scents on their website haha xD

about the conditioner, does it work well for you? my friends who use organix told me not to bother with the conditioners because they don't detangle your hair :x does it feel weird or anything? i have curly/wavy hair so it would probably make a lot of baddd tangles lol T___T

I commented earlier, but i have hair like yours.

mine's thick and curly, but since it's so thick [each strand] that instead of getting nice circular curls, it gets flat and looks like waves.

When i tried the conditioner, and rinsed with cold/cool water, there was a big difference. I just left my hair to dry that day, and then i slept on it. the next morning my hair was really shiny and pretty. that really made me change my opinion of Organix.

Because the tea tree mint didn't help with my dry scalp. I bought it cause of the tea tree mint, but the conditioner made me change my mind to a so so brand to a great brand!

Guest Junanni

I read about organix because i found out that all the shampoos i've been using had sls-sodium lauryl sulfate which isn't exactly too great for my already thin (possibly thinning?) hair. I was really hopeful, in fact i bought one set of the coconut milk and one set of the vanilla silk. After one wash, my hair wasn't looking too great and I thought maybe it just needed getting used to changing shampoo and conditioners. However, the next week or so I continued to be hopeful and washed my hair with the coconut milk shampoo+conditioner. My hair was rough, not soft , dried out and worst of all, i started to lose hair! So overall, I'm not an organix fan. Maybe it's mainly their conditioner, it really damage my hair =( however if i used their coconut shampoo with my Tresemme conditioner, my hair is slightly better but it still falls out.

Guest ~S.O.S~

The shampoo is pretty ehh to me, but I do love the conditioner. My hair seems thicker than before after using these products.

I'll continue using the conditioner from time to time, but I don't think I'll keep using the shampoo after I run out.

I use the coconut scented one, btw.

Guest hpnotiq

I just recently started to get into Organix & so far, I love it! It makes my hair feel GREAT! I think it has reduced my hair loss, but I'm not 100% sure about that cus I started using it after I cut 5 inches of my hair.

Man, I didn't know they had that many scents. My favorite is Mandarin Olive Oil & Pomegranate Green Tea. I wanna try out the Lavender Soymilk & the Grapefruit Mango Butter!

Anyways, on to the OP, this 'disosium laureth sulfosuccinate' doesn't sound too good. I googled it & I got the same as you..

May be contaminated with toxic impurities, many of which are linked to cancer, according to government and cosmetic industry ingredient safety assessments or peer-reviewed studies.

Random, but I heard Target isn't going to carry Organix anymore. They were all on clearance the other day (well at least at my local target). But I did buy some a few days ago for $4 at CVS!! :w00t:

Random, but I heard Target isn't going to carry Organix anymore. They were all on clearance the other day (well at least at my local target). But I did buy some a few days ago for $4 at CVS!! :w00t:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

lol. noooo! i have to go to target!! but i had bought shampoo and conditioner online this week!! argh!!

Guest aiaigasa

^ haha i have to high tail it to target too, seems like xD i'm surprised to hear target is clearing them out though, on the website you'd think they have some kind of affiliation with each other since one of their fragrances is carried exclusively at target o__o

for anyone who's interested, i saw these rebate coupons on ebay: does anyone think it's legit?

2 organix rebate coupons

I commented earlier, but i have hair like yours.

mine's thick and curly, but since it's so thick [each strand] that instead of getting nice circular curls, it gets flat and looks like waves.

When i tried the conditioner, and rinsed with cold/cool water, there was a big difference. I just left my hair to dry that day, and then i slept on it. the next morning my hair was really shiny and pretty. that really made me change my opinion of Organix.

Because the tea tree mint didn't help with my dry scalp. I bought it cause of the tea tree mint, but the conditioner made me change my mind to a so so brand to a great brand!

now i think i'll try the conditioner too ^^ though i have fine/thin hair so my curls have a much easier time sticking together, but the places where my hair is more dried out it tends to frizz out a lot more often and turn to frizzy waves as opposed to curl -____-

and about the disodium laureth sulfosuccinate... i'm going to see if i could contact anyone about that. ^^;

I read about organix because i found out that all the shampoos i've been using had sls-sodium lauryl sulfate which isn't exactly too great for my already thin (possibly thinning?) hair. I was really hopeful, in fact i bought one set of the coconut milk and one set of the vanilla silk. After one wash, my hair wasn't looking too great and I thought maybe it just needed getting used to changing shampoo and conditioners. However, the next week or so I continued to be hopeful and washed my hair with the coconut milk shampoo+conditioner. My hair was rough, not soft , dried out and worst of all, i started to lose hair! So overall, I'm not an organix fan. Maybe it's mainly their conditioner, it really damage my hair =( however if i used their coconut shampoo with my Tresemme conditioner, my hair is slightly better but it still falls out.

you might want to try a shampoo without protein in it? i think protein dries out some people's hair a lot. i'm even thinking of switching out my coconut milk shampoo since it has proteins in it and i don't want my hair to get really dried out... T^T

Archived