Cha Seung-Won 차승원 [Upcoming Movies: “Believer 2”, “Tyrant”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest etee7114

Hi Everyone,

This is my virgin post on this forum here.

I've decided to check out some CSW's movies since none of the kdramas airing right now is catching my attention. I've already exhausted my watch list of KSA's projects save for a couple of old ones which are so difficult to find.

Special thanks to kdramafanusa, cleown and jeatvoon for uploading and posting links of his previous works. I've powered through quite a few and just 3 more to go, I think. I don't think I could have watched that many if not for your uploads.

CSW is definitely an amazingly versatile actor. He's head and shoulder (both in talent and physical height :P ) above other korean actors.

I hope his latest movie with HJM and HJH will do well. HJH is at her best when the role she plays is closest to her character. I don't know about her in this one but I hope she gains more experience with such top notch actors. Also, I don't think her role is central to the storyline as history has it that this is about revenge. And I see in a lot of CSW's movies, the ladies' roles are not even in the supporting category (except the female ghost in Ghost House and maybe Song Yoon Ah's role in Saving My Wife).

Oh, another thing, I looked into dramawiki and it stated that he did a movie? called projectX with Lee Young Ae.

I saw this at utube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWNen36uDnE

Looks like a foreign movie. I did not see it being mentioned here at all. Does anyone here have any idea?

Thanks to all those who contributed to this thread. It's a rare treat to find so many gems about this actor here. Will be back soon.

Guest sirena1712

Schedule of CSW posted by the Cafe, news from baidu's thread. Link : http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=638584443. credit to : member 615784923 at tieba baidu

9月2日 《冲破云层之月》海报拍摄(昨天) yesterday making of poster

9月3日-6日 《冲破云层之月》 武术练习 martial art practise

9月7日 marikureru饥饿儿童互相帮助画报摄影 assist in marikuereu charity for hunger children making of poster

9月8日-9日 《冲破云层之月》电影摄影 making of the new movie.

This is my rough translation maybe you guys can do it better. Just feel free to make the amendment.

Also credit to 火山寒雨雨 for her translation for korean into mandarin.

Guest kdramafanusa

According to CJ Entertainment's website, it will open on November 12. :)

Saving My Wife 세이빙 마이 와이프

Director 감독 : Yoon Jae-Gu 윤재구

Cast 배우 : Cha Seung-Won 차승원, Song Yoon-Ah 송윤아, Ryu Seung-Ryong 류승룡

Rating 등급 : Not determined yet 미정

Release 개봉 : 2009년 11월 12일

상영시간 : 미정

Just checked CJ Entertainment's website for updates, it looks like the release date is changed to November 5. :)

Release 개봉 : 2009년 11월 05일

Guest sirena1712

kdramafanusa, thank you for your update on the release date of Saving My Wife, I wonder will anyone be able to share it on youtube after the release in Korea, and how long do we have to wait for that?

Guest kdramafanusa

Cha Seung-Won on September 5

3cea8945d825eb42db5545fd4952a7c8.jpg

11fa48b10c196f01cecbfcb62fc8d981.jpg

bntnews.hankyung 2009-09-07

Cha Seung-Won in movie 'Blood Rain' (2005)

20090907ba002.jpg

sportsseoul 2009-09-06

~~~~~

http://www.acrofan.com/ko-kr/life/news/20090907/00000030

(Poll conducted by http://cizle.nate.com/ from August 31st to September 7)

Which actor is most suitable to play the role of the father of horror film 'The Last House On The Left'?

1. Song Kang-Ho - 40%

2. Cha Seung-Won - 26%

~~~~~

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2009090712181059645

2009090712181059645_1.jpg

top row: Jung Jin-Young's son

bottom row: Ahn Sung-Ki's son, Cha Seung-Won's son, Jo Jae-Hyun's son

Guest michellephan

Love story about CSW and his wife

The first time they met was in the internet cafe.

That time he was 17 year olds and his wife was 21year olds.

And meantime Cha lied about his ages, then they became couples.

Their family not support their love.After that his wife (her name is Lee Soo Jin)

and Cha live together. They married when their son was born . And the two families

never help them in anything. So their lives become very difficult.

Source: blog.sina.com.tw

Guest robotmatsuri

CSW look very "manly" in the 1st picture but he reminds me of someone (another celebrity)

but I can't recall who is it.

Thanks for sharing those szeying89, he looks so good. He reminds me a bit of of Joo Ji Hoon in Antique in that photo... And thanks kdramafanusa for sharing too!

Thanks for sharing all those CSW goodies. He looks good and I cant wait to see him again. Since "Saving My Wife" comes out in November I hope we will have more CSW news.

off topic: can anyone tell me how to register on kdrama? They are asking for a invitation code? is it only possible to register there if invited by active members. Thanks.

Thanks kdramafanusa for the pictures!

CSW look very "manly" in the 1st picture but he reminds me of someone (another celebrity)

but I can't recall who is it.

Some more pictures of CSW:

3a12be831d71f0ff27b007fa26f6dffa.jpg

d3dec3d0c9d8f49ac6bc6f8f4af2cbff.jpg

19c423de9071e17c6529158537a1de74.jpg

Credit: Krdrama

it's his son as well, right?

Lol, he has the same small face as his father ô.o..

Guest JeatvVoon

ooh... have been gone for a while and so many new posts! :D

@ etee7114: welcome and nice to see you join CSW's thead! About his movie "Project X", I'll try to look for this ;)

EDIT: wow, the movie also starring Kwon Sang Woo! Hm... read some comments. Most people are dissapointed... well I'd still give it a try!

But synopsis sounds interesting:

[extract from Yesasia]

In Prague Of Czechoslovakia, there is a triad organization. Arlumit which is in fierce discrepancy between the Conservative party and the Reform party regarding on the new heir of the organization. Karon, Leia and Behr, the merciless killers, are hired by the Conservative party and the Reform party to root each other out. Karon and Leia of the Reform party are ordered to kill the computer expert and Behr of the Conservative part. At the moment, Leia realized that Behr is her first love when they were young. She doesn’t have the heart to shoot Behr. Karon is so disappointed and try to get rid of Behr on his own and get into the point of no return...

@ michellephan: thanks for the love story about him and his wife. I knew his wife was 4 years older and I always wondered how they become a couple, since he also married quite young. Any more info? :D

@ szeying89: thanks for the pics. Agree, CSW looks very "manly".. and I love his look/image now, his hair and beard... ah... :blush:

Just checked CJ Entertainment's website for updates, it looks like the release date is changed to November 5. :)

Release 개봉 : 2009년 11월 05일

Yay, finally we got a release date, I'm waiting (im)patiently! Thanks for all the news and pics, love ya :)

does anybody know if Cha Seung-won play the french horn? Saw a pic of him in tux and he seems to know how to play it

I just know he played french horn in his movie "South of the Border". But I'm not sure if he really plays (at least he had a 'crash-course').

posterphoto15789.jpg

it's his son as well, right?

Lol, he has the same small face as his father ô.o..

I don't think is his son.

But when I look at the picture again, he does look a little like CSW :S

Great! Finally, there is a release date for Secret.

Looking forward to this movie and My Love By My Side..!

Guest Janie Simply

Was helping a friend organized her K-dramas and movies dvd recently-- tons!!!... searching the net for English titles to match the Korean dvd cover etc and phew... my labor is sure not in vain 'cos I get to discover that she has a pretty sumptious of CSW movies, hmm... how come I didn't pay attention to them before... must had judged the dvd by the cover before :rolleyes:

Anyway, watched My teacher Mr. Kim, A day with my son, and Jail breaker. It's jolly fun to watch CSW after CH 'cos one get to appreciate his charismatic acting so much more, I giggled at his every action in the movies, he is such a riot actor :P Will make time to watch the rest... oh me too, can't wait for My love by my side ^ ^

Guest kdramafanusa

Anyway, watched My teacher Mr. Kim, A day with my son, and Jail breaker. It's jolly fun to watch CSW after CH 'cos one get to appreciate his charismatic acting so much more, I giggled at his every action in the movies, he is such a riot actor :P Will make time to watch the rest... oh me too, can't wait for My love by my side ^ ^

Hey Janie-hunnie, glad to know that you finally saw some of his films. :)

Which one did you like?

My Son is from director Jang Jin, he is very popular (i'm his fan); his new movie "Good Morning President" (with Lee Soon-Jae, Jang Dong-Gun, More Beautiful Than Flower mom) will open this year's Pusan International Film Festival. He previously worked with CSW in "Murder Take One / The Big Scene", it's really worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHJohjhwlA

Jail Breaker is from director Kim Sang-Jin and writer Park Jung-Woo, they & CSW worked together in 3 movies. The first one was Kick The Moon (some like this one the most), the last one was Ghost House (too slapstick for some).

My Teacher Mr Kim - :wub:

Director Jang Gyoo-Seung worked with him again in "Small Town Rivals".

My feeling toward CH is about the same as BV: Sigh. Hopefully, I will like CSW & KMM's next projects.

Guest Janie Simply

Hi KD, thanks for all the info and recommendations.

See, when it comes to authentic actors/directors, you’re the one to watch out for B)

So far I managed to watch 3 of CSW movies only; Enjoyed My Teacher Mr. Kim a lot, pretty touching. I always enjoy school setting movies. CSW is all out without reservation and his playfulness/silliness is so adorable there but his playful/silliness in CH irks me :P

I would have enjoyed A Day with My Son more if the voice-over weren't as drowning – too talkie I felt, got kind of distracted and not able to feel the emotion deeply. Love the youth actor there, so convincing :) Looking forward to Good Morning Mr. President, hmmm.. there are quite a few movies to watch out for to own :)

Well, I have the most laugh with Jail Breakers – what a happy ending. Aww to eating bakery and sobbing at the same time... so cute

I definitely want to watch Kick the moon and Murder take one. BTW, is An eye for an eye any good? I heard it has the Old Boy/BSL taste to it.

Ghost House..., will have to wait for my copy to arrive 'cos I recently won a contest for that dvd ;p

Aigoo, guess soon I will have to change my user name to janie-wonnie :rolleyes:

Talking about CH and BV, I'm stucked on epi 13 with CH; I gave BV a second chance and I literally laughed all the way through 'cos I find KMM's character there... very entertaining :D oh... maybe janie-minnie (KMM fan-girling mode) ;)

Guest JeatvVoon

I remember you asked me this some time ago.

I'm glad to see another fan who has seen many of his previous films. :)

Which one is your favorite?

Have you seen My Teacher, Mr Kim (2003)?

Well, after (re)watching a few of his movies, these are my favourites so far:

1. The Big Scene

2. A Day With My Son

3. Jail Breakers

But I also totally enjoyed My Teacher, Mr Kim!

In the beginning Kim Bong Doo was such an unserious, greedy teacher and not at all interested in the children's education. Then suddenly he was transfered to a small village, where most of the people were farmers.

It was so amusing to watch how he tried to transfer all the kids to different schools. While trying to do that with various scheme he slowly got to know the life of the people there, who led a simple and honest life, and he also got attached to the kids. He got so much respect from them. Thus that changed him.

It was so touching when he proudly introduced HIS students to his father at the funeral. I also like the scenes with him and the "ramyun"-boy. There were also many funny scenes, ex. when 2 farmers had an argument about the hose and road, KDB solved their problem (which was quite simple) and their expression was like "wow, what a genius!", or where he tried to teach the kids acting. Oh and not to forget Mister Choi.. :)

@janie-hunnie:

Congratulation on winning Ghost House! :) Did you win the contest on thundie's blog?

Eye for an eye is a cool movie, but for me something was missing in this action movie... not acting skills, more in the plot...

You gotta watch The Big Scene/Murder Take One. I liked the tension and mystery in this movie, I wouldn't compare it with Old Boy though.. Tell me what you thought about this one after watching ;)