Asian Issues And Racism

Guest heygingersnap

Guest geneyoonit

asians aren't "smart" if ur talking about intellegence..

there's a BIG difference between intellegence/creativity/logic/effort/street smarts

asians tend to have EFFORT and alot of LOGIC.. i guess that's genetic and enviromental..

but you rarely see asians get any nobel prizes or inventing new tech... it's generally the cacasians who do that :/

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tammy2012

haha "asians are so smart"

this is a huge stereotyphical(sp?) thing!

one of the reasons that asians are smarter is probably because our parents are stricter with their kids when it comes to school..the older generation believes that when ur successful..it means that u went through school n did really well!

n for example if ur parents immigrated to the US or a European country...then when they were young n lived schooling cost a lot so they usually might have not even graduated high school. so they want the better for us(finishing HS n graduating college)

anyway can be smart! it just depends on the effort that one puts in to it.

All the foreign asians will be super smart at math. And maybe more subjects, but that's it. All my asian friends are smart, and really good at everything, except for P.E. X) I'm considered smart by some people, but compared to my other friends, I'm the dumbest =(

Guest Dreamss

im asian.but not smart. only in like math and history though haha :/

but yah..overall, im not smart, and i dont get why its asians that have to be smart o_o...

Guest HEROsarleh

i hear that stereotype all the time.

some of my friendsare smart but they do work hard for their grades.

im not so good at maths - im better at english yet it is believd asians are smart at maths ?

Guest 영원한 사랑

Pooo I'm asian and I'm hecka not smart.

I'm korean and i kno many koreans who are sooooo smart but somehow im not.

Guest treehunny

why are asians so smart? uh, EXCUSE ME? i must be an exception then, sheesh. my friend thinks i'm some sort of genius because i'm kind of a computer geek. it doesn't take a genius to explore things on the internet or utilize 'trial and error'. hah, smart? if ONLY.

Guest DarknessFalls

The ones who appear smart and intelligent in school because there's a lot of emphasis on education and discipline at a young age. Asians may be smart, but there's a lot who lack social skills. So there's pros and cons to everything.

Guest Mardi09

nah....i don't believe that stereotype of asians being smart

some are super smart, some are smart, some are okay, some are dumb and some are super dumb

i think it just depends on the ones you meet....like the ones in AK...they are smart, okay, dumb and super dumb

or at least the ones i've met so far...><...

me...i'm just a normal kid..so yeah...

Guest tinil-galia

I don't believe it.

I'm Asian & I'm not smart.

You can't stereotype like that cause different countries have different standards of studies.

So some countries may have their studies tougher, others easier.

i dont think ALL asians are smart.. hence disproving the stereotype that asian = smart

but yeah.. i think its environmental influences..

i mean.. asian kids tend to get the "when i was young i wanted to go to school but couldnt blah blah" talk more than non-asian.. so yeah.. =S

asians aren't "smart" if ur talking about intellegence..

there's a BIG difference between intellegence/creativity/logic/effort/street smarts

asians tend to have EFFORT and alot of LOGIC.. i guess that's genetic and enviromental..

but you rarely see asians get any nobel prizes or inventing new tech... it's generally the cacasians who do that :/

yeah true that but you don't have to recieve the nobel prize to invent something new? i mean i know a lot asians out there had created something new, and we're probably using them right now! i may not know what they all are but i know asians didn't just stand around for things to be invented.

Guest Zindelle

i think intelligence definitely has to do with the way your parents raise you! when i was younger my parents used to whack us if we didn't learn things fast enough. i was like the top student in my classes back then. and as i got older my parents didn't really discipline me anymore, and i became dumber and dumber. well not dumb, but my grades went down. im not very knowledgeable, but when i study i pick things up really quickly. i dont believe that smartness matters later in life, only knowledge and intelligence, because mostly people who study very hard do very well! this is coming from an extremely lazy student :P

actually back in high school all the "hard classes" were >80% full of asian people. i think the majority of asians just work harder than others.

Archived