Guest heygingersnap

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest YamaSushi7
Its just like when people start saying "OH EM GEE THATS SO KAWAII!~"

It just gets annoying, thats all. XP

Yea I hate it when some people *coughcough hakajins* say it all the time, thinking they're so japanese...ick

God I wanna throw something at their head xDD

ANYWAYS, back on topic--

Well I'm not Korean, (Chinese/Japanese) And I love my mix of cultures! ^ ^

But I like to pay attention to Korean stuff too and my friend who's Korean really likes the fact that I love Korean stuff.

She loves to have me go to her Korean school with her sometimes and we talk and write stuff in Korean with each other.

Does that make me annoying to you guys? :tears:

Guest chopstickss
Yea I hate it when some people *coughcough hakajins* say it all the time, thinking they're so japanese...ick

God I wanna throw something at their head xDD

ANYWAYS, back on topic--

Well I'm not Korean, (Chinese/Japanese) And I love my mix of cultures! ^ ^

But I like to pay attention to Korean stuff too and my friend who's Korean really likes the fact that I love Korean stuff.

She loves to have me go to her Korean school with her sometimes and we talk and write stuff in Korean with each other.

Does that make me annoying to you guys? :tears:

no i think that's great ^^ haha are the lessons fun?

Guest leongfun
Vietnamese try hard to be Korean. lol
I agree. It's mostly Chinese and Vietnamese people.

There's a difference between 'learning a culture' and 'trying hard to be that culture' (posted on first post, will post again)

Learning a culture = they want to know about the movies, stars, music, etc

Trying to be it =

-'anyasayho!!!' (EVERY SECOND. They removed 'hello' and replaced it with that!)

- tell people they're korean as a joke

etc

I find more annoying when they want to know MORE/equal to a korean, and tell their chinese/etc friend that they dont know any korean.

(like when two of my friends were into the korean industry, they would listen to their music 24/7, talk in korean (small words) and they would get into big arguements when they say 'youre not pronouncing it right!' 'yes i am! i watch more korean dramas than you!' etc)

Guest VindictusDame

LOL. this is one funny post. no one is trying to be nobody.... so what if they're using some korean words like oppa or unnie? i bet it's for fun.... not because they're TRYING HARD to be korean. so please.... think before you post something like this. sometimes, it'll make chinese like me richard simmons off a lil' bit. by the way, we're all speaking english now, aren't we? are we trying to be englishmen??? and by the way, why do you bothe rto take french class, or whatever language class you're taking? are you trying to be something you're not? if that's the case, you should stick to speaking korean. period.

Guest ohmylamb.

LOL, my teacher told me you can change your religion but not your race. :sweatingbullets:

I would want to learn about Korean culture; I would definitely wish to learn Korean language after my major examination at the end of the year.

It's just interesting.

Koreans have a very big influence on non-Koreans (ie me)

My cousin and I thought that Korean and Japanese are cute languages still used by people in this modern era.

Guest seoulkid

I'm Korean

and i'm really, really thankful for the other races out there learning our culture as well as being interested in it.

don't let anyone tell u different, and it doesnt mean your trying to be something your not.

lol so to answer your question,

yeah i do find it nice, extremely nice

Guest androoo28
what if the person is always seen as a different race/ethnicity/culture than what they really are? Like what if the person wasn't Korean yet Koreans thought that person was Korean and everyone else thought the same? lol so would it be then okay just to learn Korean and want to speak it too?

I mean I would think there would be something "cool" about being of your own culture, but sometimes "cooler" is what people see as "better". especially if you take into consideration a country like the U.S. where it's more about the individual. This is why I think it happens where people have more identity issues whether it's I want to be "black" or "White" or "goth" "emo" "gangster" etc. I think it's more difficult when your younger to really change those ways, especially if you don't have anyone to show you the other side.

That really doesn't annoy me. I mean genes are genes right? If you have genes that make you look Korean, depending on who you are good for you :]

And also I hope I didn't stop you or anyone else from learning Korean. I mean I wanna learn Mandarin and Japanese and I'm Korean

It's good to be culturally diverse.

But sometimes if you go overboard such as going around telling everybody you are something you're not (like I'm Korean and I go around telling people I'm Chinese) that kind of gets me mad

But hey anyone out there that is reading this, don't stress too much about. I even sometimes wish I wasn't Korean because people these days are racist right?

Guest redbean

there's this indian girl that is super annoying. she has this obsession with korean culture that is abnormal. she would only make friends with koreans, watches korean dramas, only eats Korean food, talk Korean, dresses fobby and is only attracted to korean guys! oh, and she's hitting mid 20's real soon.

Guest daehanminguk1345

I don't mind when people are interested in the Korean culture, language, etc. It's a different story when they actually try TO BE Korean when they very obviously are not.

Guest yongwanhi_yaksuk

I find it annoying sometimes, but most time no.

I mean i like that they're into the culture

but it gets really annoying when they start trying to bragging thinking they know more than you

ex; for me, i'm korean, but i dont know much korean, and my friend who's not korean, always tries to speak korean to me, but most time i mostly here her go saying 'namja chingu(boyfriend)' and other time, she would just start saying some things.

& whenever my friend is over and i'm on msn, she goes 'is there any korean on your list -- i want to talk to them?!'

(not much koreans around my area thats why.)

First of all, I am Chinese.

I love Kpop and Jpop and all that stuff. I enjoy their music, culture, food and language. But of course, I am proud of being Chinese. I think it's fine to like the music and culture but when it gets to the extreme then it is kind of weird.

For example...when people pretend to be Korean .... -__-"

I have friends who take Korean class but its not like they try to be Korean. It's just learning a new language.

But I do know some that have a "korean name" or say "Unnie and oppa" and it's just like .......

And it's not just Korean or Japanese. People use words from other languages in their speech too.

I say 'kawaii' in rare ocassions (when I am overly excited) cause I think it's a cute word LOL.

Guest xalliebeex

im not going to be naive, or bs anyone.

(im korean btw)

i know for a FACT, most-99% koreans are really overly proud of being korean. Its sick that they've convinced themselves they're all that (through media, like all other propaganda) and now its starting to convince other nations that what they see on tv is the fakeypretty lifestyle that you get in real life.

nope.

every race has their good&bad.

Guest itsf0'y0'mynd

Honestly, I don't really care if some other person from a different culture wants to learn Korean...BUT it really ticks me off when they want to learn Korean because of their favorite drama or some crap like that. Also, it ticks me off when people say that they're Korean, EVEN IF THEY'RE JOKING! and to the people that said it's like speaking English, no it really isn't. there is a HUGEEE difference. English is the most universal language. AND reply to the post on the first page on the first post. Language classes are there for language credits why? because of the diversity in America.

and it also ticks me off when people say 'OH SO KAWAII DESU!' or they add -chan, -san at the end.

i don't really know ><;

but my korean friends don't mind. i say annyong or sarangheyo once in a while.

and they don't care. they actually tell me to say sarangheyo or something like that.

It's annoying and it's not. If they are actually willing to learn the language and not just say a few words here and there, then I guess it's acceptable. But don't go around saying'Oppa~ Saranghae' Really, I doo!!!!

You know what I'm saying? O.o

I'm personally interested in learning korean and japanese, does that mean I'm annoying? =z

Archived