TABLE OF CONTENTS

Description

Meet The VJ

!Segments!

~Special Episodes~

News

Pictures!

Description

Pops in Seoul has served as a vessel for K-Pop to other countries since 1998. It has become Arirang's most watched program and it is broadcasted in over 180 countries worldwide. With its various segments, Pops in Seoul has become the ultimate K-Pop source for those not living in Korea. Pops in Seoul will continue to evolve as a leading contributer to the Hallyu (Korean Wave).

Meet the VJ

Pops in Seoul has gone through Countless VJ's since Pops in Seoul first debuted in 1998. The program is now VJed by Isak, a singer, actress, and TV personality. Here is a little bit of background about VJ Isak.

Isak

Isak, who's real name is Ida Dene Simmons, is a singer, dancer, actress, and TV personality. She was scouted in 1999 by SM Entertainment (who produced several hit artists such as H.O.T., SES, Fly to the Sky, Shinhwa, TVXQ, Super Junior, Zhang Li Yin, Girls Generation, SHINee, and CSJH The Grace) and auditioned. She joined SM Entertainment and was sent to Korea in 1999. After several years of training, both she and a fellow trainee Lee Jiyeon, were chosen to debut as an R&B duo, Isak N Jiyeon. Isak N Jiyeon was meant to be a female version of the hit R&B duo, Fly to the Sky. Isak N Jiyeon released their first full length album "Tell Me Baby" in 2002.

Isak N Jiyeon performed for two years with hit songs such as "Tell Me Baby", "One", and "The Sign". In 2004, Isak was forced to return to the United States on emergency leave. During her time away, Jiyeon was placed into a newer project group known as CSJH The Grace. Isak was then forced to retire from singing as a group and created one song for Inuyasha's Korean dub, ANGELUS.

Isak has since come into the VJ world where she VJ's Pops in Seoul, DJ's Arirang Radio's "Midday Break", and interviews various singers. During the seasonal winter and summer months, Isak lends her voice to SMTown's Winter and Summer Albums. She also persued a role in acting for korean Sitcom "Unstoppable Marriage" and musical "The Life". Interestingly enough, Isak is more known and popular outside of Korea.

!Segments!

Pop Countdown

Pop Countdown is where you can choose several songs which one you like the best!

Pop Request

Pop Request allows you to request a song to be played on the air of Pops In Seoul

Pop Quiz

Pop Quiz is a televised quiz that allows you to answer on the main site which allows you to win prizes.

Ask Pops

Ask Pops is a segment where you can ask Pops In Seoul your K-Pop questions!

Pop Match

Pitch your favorite stars against eachother and see which one wins!

In the Booth With

In the Booth With is a new segment where Isak joins U-Kiss Member Kevin in the booth for an interview with a K-Pop star!

All About You

All about you is a segment with Isak and Kevin where they discuss all of your problems and helps you find solutions!

~Special Episodes~

fyelba.jpg

Pops In Seoul 1000th Episode

Pops in Seoul has recently done something they have never done before. In July 2008, Isak had her first ever solo fan meeting in Manila Phillipines. This meeting was to commemorate 1000 Episodes of Pops In Seoul since its original debut in 1998. Isak was joined by singer Evan, who both sang on the stage. They also showed messages by a lare variety of K-Pop singers and had Q&A as well as an autograph time.

Perfomances

Isak - I Turn To You

Isak - Umbrella

Isak - Wait a Minute (Dance)

Evan - This Love

Evan - Guys Can't Help It Either

Pops In Seoul in Nagaland

Pops in Seoul held a special concert (along with Nagaland Local Companies) in Nagaland India, a cultural hub located in India. Pops in Seoul was invited to perform and hold a booth there for the December Concert. It was here where Isak had her second fan meeting as well as a lot of other activities. There were several performances by local artists as well as Isak and Illack, a Korean singer who came along.

Performances

Isak - 만약에

Isak - 비민번호 486

Illack - I Want You

Illack - 하나둘씩

Arirang 2009 New Years Music Fesival

Arirang TV and Radio held its own festival at Seoul City Hall on December 31st, 2008 to celebrate the New Year. While it was not necessarily a Pops In Seoul Episode, it was hosted by both Isak and Dj Young (A DJ from Arirang Radio). There were a variety of performers including SHINee, Holladang, Twoji, and several other artists. SHINee and Isak counted down to 2009 together followed by several other performances.

Performances

Isak and DJ Young - Once

Isak and Arirang DJs - Lady Marmalade

News

COMING SOON

Pictures!

COMING SOON

Guest hiroshi_ben

i have this channel on my cable tv...but is this show so popular as the way u design it?i mean with all the special episodes etc...well maybe im not a active viewer for this show =x

Guest SKTT1 VanBuren

i love pops in seoul!

LOL isak is always so cheerful and always so funny.

i wish i can watch it on tv in canada.

-_-

It's a lot easier to watch online =P Just make a free AriRang account and either you can wait to watch it when the schedule dictates it or you can watch VOD's of previous episodes.

Oh yeah, anyone remember her?

292483l.jpg

jj0mth.jpg

Guest SKTT1 VanBuren

^^ Is that Soy? She was my favorite PIS host.

Oh yeah haha. I never got to see the shows that she hosted, but I dunno what happened, I think her contract just expired and she got replaced.

• 10 months later...
Guest youbuttxD

does anyone know the 'all about you' and 'in the booth with' schedule,

i checked the site, but it doesnt say what time is it at.

i believe they have them once a week

Guest shinhdeplol

i used to watch it everyday, but now my cable TV doesnt have Arirang anymore TT.TT instead it was Star World LOL

the show is fun :) i miss the ranking every weekend

Archived