[Variety] Gag Concert 개그콘서트

Guest atel

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Wang Biho claims SNSD’s “Hoot” was plagiarized

Wang Biho made a hilarious assertion regarding SNSD’s latest track, “Hoot,” on the December 5th episode of KBS 2TV’s “Gag Concert.”

Sunny, Hyoyeon and Jessica from SNSD joined the program, and as is standard of the segment, received the criticisms of gagman Wang Biho.

Wang started off by stating, “First of all, you guys need to change your name. It’s not like you can use it when you guys get older. You should use a name you can use when you’re older like ‘Women Generation!’ How nice is that?”

He continued, “I listened to your song ‘Hoot’ and found that it was plagiarized. The chorus ‘Trouble Trouble Trouble’ part is exactly the same as Country Kko Kko’s chorus, ‘Christmas~ Christmas~ Christmas.’ Not only that, but your arrow dance copied Seo Kyung Seok’s arrow nose. He’s very upset, you know!”

A man imitating Seo Kyung Seok then came out onto the stage and did his own version of “Hoot” with his ‘arrow nose.’

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/wang-biho-claims-snsds-hoot-was-plagiarized

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

‘Gag Concert’ Goes on Provincial Tour

[2010-12-27]

The comedy program “Gag Concert” was filmed in Kwangju as a year-end special episode, and produced big laughter in 4,500 audience members.

The gymnasium of Chosun University in Kwangji was filled with more than 4,500 audience members on December 22. Too many audience members came to the gymnasium and some of them even had to stand up behind the audience seating. The filming of the special episode of the KBS 2TV “Gag Concert” had begun with loud applause from the audience at 7:00pm. The program “Gag Concert” had been filmed in KBS hall in Yeouido up until now, and filming in the other location took place after a long interval, since it had last been filmed in Andong in July, 2006. The cast members, used to performing in front of around 1,000 audience members, seemed to be surprised by seeing the audience size almost quadruple the average. In the middle of filming, comedians constantly expressed their emotions while seeing many audience members completely packing the place, saying, “It is my first time standing before this many audience members.” Baseball players who belong to the Kia Tigers, whose base camp is located in Kwangju, also attended as audience members. The filming had begun with a feature entitled “DJ Byeon’s Night without Stars,” and then around ten features had been filmed one after another while producing big laughter in the audiences. In the representative feature of the program entitled “Expert,” Shim Hyung Rae appeared as a special guest and received enthusiastic applause. He came up onto the stage in a beige raincoat, and then transformed into the “Younggu” character after taking off his coat. He presented slapstick comedy as an “expert of slapstick” and did not hold himself back physically on the stage. Comedian Kim Byeong Man, who has been popular as a hard-working comedian without holding himself back, was only a supporting actor on the stage together with Shim.

7631_2035_l.jpg

▲ Shim Hyung Rae in the feature “Expert”

Shim Hyung Rae said that he would present a funny comedy which could generate laughter only using water, and then he consequently sprinkled water on his face and fell down in a fit. Audience members laughed out loud and gave enthusiastic applause for his performance. He revealed his true appearance as a comedian even though he was a director as well. In the feature entitled “I Love You, Brother,” Kim Jun Ho and Kim Dae Hee appeared and entertained the audience by reproducing the once-popular feature “Bitter Life.” In the feature “Time Travel,” which characteristically presents a certain situation repeatedly, actors had to repeat the performance again and again not because of its script, but because they made mistakes. Comedian Jeong Tae Ho had to eat watermelon during the performance, but as his microphone had been broken, he had to eat much more watermelon than expected while filming. At first, audience members thought that they had made up those situations, but later people found out that he made mistakes again and again, so they felt sorry for him and at the same time could not hold back their laughter. In the feature “New at 9,” Lee Soo Geun appeared, and the place was completely filled with the sound of cheering. Lee, who had come to Kwangju to film another program “Two Days and One Night,” introduced himself as an “honorary ambassador for Kwangju,” and received loud applause from audience members. Filming from the first feature to the last feature entitled “Balsam School” finished after three hours. Many stars including Shim Hyung Rae, actors such as Song Joong Ki, Park Joon Kyu, and Lee Won Jong, and singing groups Secret and Tiara appeared as special guest members for this special episode of the “Gag Concert,” and enlivened the place.

7631_2036_l.jpg

▲ Feature of “Gag Concert” - “Balsam School”

Not only many young university students, but also family members participated as audience members. An audience member named Shin Jeong Sook (female, 40), who had come with her five-year-old daughter, said, “I feel more friendly towards those comedians acting on the stage as I could see them in person. I hope that I could have more opportunity to enjoy this with family members.”

7631_2037_l.jpg

▲ Cast members of KBS “Gag Concert” in Kwangju

The performance in Kwangju had been planned as a part of an event for people in Kwangju after the special program for celebrating the tenth year of its broadcasting. The program “Gag Concert” had been filmed in the cities like Pusan, Chungju, and Andong, but it had never been filmed in the southwestern region, so the production team for the program had chosen the major city of the southwestern region, Kwangju. The production staff members had arrived in Kwangju one day before the filming for preparing for filming, and cast members also left Seoul as early as 5:30 am in the morning to arrive in Kwangju on time. Comedian Kim Jun Ho said, “The power of our program ‘Gag Concert’ is the unity of the senior and junior comedians, and I think that we could obtain this unity through today’s performance. I also feel a sense of pride through this performance because I could see many people loving our performances. I am willing to give tour performances in all around Korea.” Even though the production cost is high, the production team planned to regularly go on provincial tours in the future. The chief production director said, “After we celebrated the tenth year of broadcasting last year, we had agonized about the kind of event that we could do for viewers at least once a year. Even though our performances were originally made for a small theater performance, we will go on provincial tours at least once a year from next year.”

The year-end special episode of the “Gag Concert” aired on December 26 at 9:00pm.

Writer: Jin Yeong-ju

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Guest adikkeluangman

Wang Biho takes on 2PM!

On this week’s episode of KBS 2TV’s ‘Gag Concert’, 2PM became the latest targets for comedian Wang Biho’s satirical arrows.

Wang Biho started off lightly with, “The 1990-born Junho is currently receiving popularity for his singing talents, and for looking like Rain. They say anyone who has small eyes looks like Rain.”

He continued, “I was shocked when I saw the ‘cold city boy’ Chansung on ‘Dream Team‘. Everyone kept saying “Beast this beast that”, but that was the first time I’ve ever seen anyone get eliminated during the first round like that.”

Lastly, Wang Biho took on Taecyeon. “He’s not with us today, but he made a very brave decision. Taecyeon, who was holding an American Green Card, decided to bravely terminate his permanent residency in order to become a Korean soldier.” When the audience began to clap, Wang Biho added, “This really is something that is worth clapping for. It was a completely reasonable decision. Since he is receiving love from Korean fans, of course he must go to the army… Isn’t that true?”

Wang Biho then tittered, “But there’s a big problem. Nichkhun, what are you going to do? Make a decision right now, I say!”, causing the entire audience to burst into laughter.

Meanwhile, on a different corner of the show, gagman Song Young Gil said, “When you see 2PM in real life, they’re not very visual singers. Just sing like your life is on the line!”

He continued, “I heard there’s some guy called Nich or whatever that’s pretty decent looking?”, and got Nichkhun to come up on stage. As they were standing next to each other, the gagman said, “Do you think you’ll be ok? You should stand behind me so your face looks small.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/wang-biho-takes-on-2pm

Wang Bi Ho’s Last Bitter Comment

[2011-01-05]

Comedian Yoon Hyung Bin, famous for the bitter comments he makes when he plays the character “Wang Bi Ho,” will no longer take the stage. In the episode of KBS 2TV’s “Gag Concert – Balsam School” that aired on January 2, “Wang Ho Bi” appeared for his last performance. The last bitter comment on his last performance was made to Lee Kyung Kyu, who is Yoon Hyung Bin’s mentor, after Huh Gak. At first, he held back, saying, “I cannot make any comment to him because I am too scared,” but he soon started to let loose a flow of bitter words at him. Wang Bi Ho said, “It is very good that he garnered the best entertainer award because he had lost his temper last year when he could not receive the award.” He continued to reveal secret stories what happened off the stage, saying, “Lee Kyung Kyu is a real entertainer who always cares about viewers.

795_2113_l.jpg

One day when we filmed outside, it started to rain, and he suggested we not wear a raincoat to show the reality of the situation, and we all did not wear the raincoat as he had suggested, but actually he alone wore a raincoat during the filming.” In addition, comedian Lee Yoon Seok appeared as a special guest who is against Lee Kyung Kyu. Lee also made biting remarks, saying, “During the award ceremony, Lee Kyung Kyu’s fans hung a placard bearing the words ‘We could be happy for the past thirty years thanks to you, and we hope that we could be happy for the next thirty years thanks to you, too.’ When I looked at the placard, I worried that he would survive for the next thirty years, and this thought made tears welled up in my eyes.” After listening to Lee Yoon Seok’s comment, Lee Kyung Kyu pretended to become upset and tried to break onto the stage while picking up a chair, and this situation produced laughter in the audience.

Wang Bi Ho had captured viewers’ hearts by spitting up any biting remarks for the last two years and eight months, so viewers were very disappointed that the end of Wang Bi Ho’s performance had come. People left various encouraging messages for comedian Yoon Hyung Bin on the board, saying, “His biting comments were actually exactly what I wanted to say,” ”I am afraid that I won't be able to see any character like him again,” and ”We really appreciated what you have done so far. You did a very good job.” Viewers are also anticipating Yoon’s new transformation in a new role.

Writer: TV Report

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Guest adikkeluangman

Wang Biho picks on T-ara’s new member

On the Christmas special of KBS’ Gag Concert, many celebrities were present such as T-ara, SECRET, Norazo, and Song Joong Ki. They performed skits with the comedians, bringing lots of laughter to the audience.

Wang Biho’s weekly insults to celebrity guests receive much attention, and this time it happened to be girl group T-ara. With an addition of a new member and a recent comeback, the comedian unloaded.

He stated, “Why does the audience have no reaction for them? I heard that the group has a new member and that she is a twin of one of the members of Co-Ed. Do you guys have no interest? They are in the same company!”

He then went on to pick on their comeback songs, stating, “You guys released new songs, but whats with the lyrics…? Your songs are starting to sound the same!”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/wang-biho-picks-on-t-aras-new-member-2

Wang Biho thought Song Joong Ki’s MCing was embarrassing

Gag Concert’s Wang Biho delivered his characteristic criticisms to one of the hottest stars of 2010, Song Joong Ki, on the episode broadcasted on December 26th.

Catching sight of the actor in the audience, Lee Soo Geun asked Wang Biho, “Can you say anything to Song Joong Ki?“ Wang Biho blurted out, “Song Joong Ki was extremely awkward when he was an MC for ‘Music Bank.‘ I thought he and Seo Hyo Rim were talking in elementary school language or something!”

He then reminisced over one of the moments where Song Joong Ki introduced a song alongside Seo Hyorim, and showed how Song Joong Ki’s face became contorted with embarrassment.

Wang Biho continued, “Song Joong Ki got popular through ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal,’ particularly with his three-colored smile.” He revealed a set of the actor’s ‘three-colored smiles’ to the audience and added, “Of course, the smiles of Song’s are always so lovely. Please show us your three-colored smile!”

At his request, fellow castmate Song Young Kil parodied the actor’s smile in a hilarious manner, immediately earning a response from the audience.

Wang Biho concluded his segment by mentioning all of the actresses Song Joong Ki chose as his ideal female (Miranda Kerr, Hong Eun Hee, Kim Nam Joo): “Hey, do you like married women or something?”

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/wang-biho-thought-song-joong-kis-mcing-was-embarrassing

Guest adikkeluangman

Wang Biho’s segment on “Gag Concert” comes to an end

Wang Biho’s popular segment on KBS 2TV’s “Gag Concert” will be coming to an end after running for two years and eight months on air.

Gagman Yoon Hyung Bin recorded the last episode for his segment on December 29th and finally let go of his controversial character, ‘Wang Biho.’ After the recording, he stated, “Wang Biho’s a character who’s had a long life. Next year, I want to try a new and different character.”

In an interview with Kuki News, Seo Soo Min PD revealed, “At 7 PM on the 29th, the last recording was held. We feel that it’s the proper time to leave when you’re stil being applauded. There hasn’t been a star who’s been safe from criticisms by ‘Wang Biho.’ Yoon Hyung Bin himself must’ve had a lot of difficulties coming up with ideas and the script, but now, three years later, he wants to try something new. We’ll be discussing his future appearance on the show at a later time.”

The last two celebrities to be criticized by Wang Biho have been chosen to be Lee Kyung Kyu and Huh Gak. Yoon Hyung Bin is currently appearing in KBS 2TV’s “The Qualifications of Men” alongside Lee Kyung Kyu,and has exhibited a close friendship with the star.

Lee Kyung Ku had always promised Yoon Hyung Bin that he would appear for his last recording no matter what, and that promise will finally be fulfilled today.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/wang-bihos-segment-on-gag-concert-comes-to-an-end

Guest adikkeluangman

Song Yong Gil embarrasses B2ST’s Yoon Doo Joon on “Gag Concert”

Comedian Song Yong Gil dressed down B2St’s Yoon Doo Joon during this week’s broadcast of KBS’s “Gag Concert“.

Song Yong Gil told Yoon Doo Joon, “Weren’t you elated when Lee Hyori said earlier this year that you’re her ideal guy?” Slyly, he continued, “It’s because Lee Hyori is old and confused that she stated these words.”

He then told Yoon Doo Joon, “I will show you the difference between us.” He then asked the audience to show who was more popular based on the volume of their screams. Yet despite Yoo Doo Joon receiving an overwhelming loud response, Song Yong Gil said, “Why is it so quiet?”

He then asked the audience, “If you think I am better looking, scream.” He immediately stopped them by stating, “It’s fine. All the people here can reach 3 octaves. They will probably hurt their throat if they scream,” making the audience laugh

After showing his ‘cute’ fat underneath his eyes, Song Yong Gil told Yoon Doo Joon, “After I keep seeing you, you’re sort of boring. Go down and sit in your seat.”

With that, Yoon Doo Joon sadly went back to his seat.

Remember, Song Yong Gil is a comedian with the moniker, “Harsh City Man”, so don’t take his words too harshly. He was only living up to his role.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/song-yong-gil-embarrasses-b2sts-yoon-doo-joon-on-gag-concert

Guest adikkeluangman

Hwang Hyun Hee to leave “Gag Concert”

Due to his current scandal, comedian Hwang Hyun Hee will be removed from KBS’s “Gag Concert“.

Producer Seo Min Soo told Money Today Star News on February 3rd, “Hwang Hyun Hee’s exit from ‘Gag Concert’ has been confirmed.”

After hearing about Hwang Hyun Hee’s drunk driving incident, the staff debated over whether or not he would leave the show. Currently, they’ve yet to decide on the fate of his ”Good Morning, Korean” corner.

Producer Seo Min Soo stated, “Whether or not the corner will be scrapped will be decided next Monday (7th).”

Hwang Hyun Hee’s February 2nd recording of “Good Morning, Korean” will not air on the upcoming February 6th episode.

Meanwhile, the police will soon be calling the comedian in to further investigate the case.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/hwang-hyun-hee-to-leave-gag-concert-2

2011-02-10 LSGeun's Scheduling Problems with KBS Progs

Thank God, LSGeun is not Leaving GagCon/1n2d/OYCS due to scheduling problems.

GagCon still needs his support, considering the current downturn for the comedienne community.

2011-02-10 Related News Article

(Google "Translated")

2011-02-10 LSGeun's Rising Popularity

2011-02-10 Related News Article

(Google "Translated")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Byung Man Transforms Into Master of 'Balloon Heading'

[2011-02-09]

Master Kim Byung Man, who has become a hot topic for performing wonderful feats such as walking on a tightrope and presenting wizardry using bubbles, appeared as a master of "balloon heading" on the episode of KBS 2TV's "Gag Concert" that aired on February 6.

836_2243_l.jpg

During the program, Kim Byung Man played the "seal master" and he struggled by himself not to drop a balloon from his head. He enraptured the viewers and audience MEMBERS by performing wonderful feats such as making a bow, eating hot noodles, putting on and taking off clothing, sleeping, and doing the hula hoop while keeping the balloon from falling down to the floor, and his performance was impressive enough to be called a "master" performance. But the light balloon had gone in unexpected directions, even towards the audience seats whenever he dribbled the balloon with his head, which made him embarrassed. He had to jump to the audience seats to keep dribbling the balloon without dropping it, and his wonderful performance in which he ran into the audience following the balloon and exchanged greetings with audience MEMBERS before coming back to the stage with the balloon produced loud applause in the audience. In particular, the scene in which Kim Byung Man taught the balloon trick to Ryu Dam with an unaffected attitude was the best scene. Kim created an uproar by putting the balloon on the head of Ryu Dam while saying that anyone can perform the balloon feat, and then he ran away after popping the balloon using a needle. The performance of Kim Byung Man, who presents various “master performances” with his various ideas every week, will be broadcast as one of the features of “Gag Concert,” which airs on every Sunday night.

Writer: KBSi Jin Young-ju

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Archived