[동방신기] Dbsk, Tvxq, Thsk Official Thread 4

Guest Ringy

• Replies 40.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to them for being number 2 at the oricon weekly charts.

It's okay if they didn't get number one :D It's a great achievement for them.

There will be alot more chances for them topping the charts in the future.

OMG! Their first Japanese commercial.

The 30 seconds version made me laughed. hahaha. Their dance steps seems to be so comical.

Their acapella is great, I missed them doing acapella.

SONGS THAT I DON'T GET TIRED LISTENING TO.

For Korean, I think it would be

Mirotic,

Will You Be My Girlfriend,

Whatever they say,

Tonight,

Wish,

You're my melody,

Don't say goodbye,

Love Bye Love,

Evergreen,

Purple Line,

Insa,

Hug.

These are the ones that I've still been listening.

Then Japanese,

My destiny (the most number of playcount in my mp3)

Love In The Ice ,

Summer Dream,( i must listen to this everynight before I sleep)

Doumini coopere,( the first japanese song that I ever remembered)

Taxi,(loved it when I heard the preview)

Bolero,

Wasurenaide,

Choosey Lover,

Heart Mind & Soul,

Aisenai Aimini cooperai,

Proud,

Somebody to Love,

Stand Up,

Survivor,

Begin,

No?,

Lovin you,

Forever Love

Stand By you,

Tea for two

& the most recent one will be colors :D

I think my favourites for their japanese song is longer than the korean one.

Guest miss_h

What English Song would you like DBSK to cover? (Given that they will practice their very best to perfect their pronunciation :))

For me, I think any Boyz II Men song. I think they can pull it off pretty well if they practice so dang hard on their pronunciation... I can totally see it now!

I want them to cover Boyz II Men song too. They do an acapella version of Bended Knee and In The Still of the Night before and I want them to do a complete cover.

Artists vs Idols Discussion

Personally I don't think that the two are mutually exclusive. The boys are both artists and idols at the same time.

Here's one of the definition of the word "Idol" from dictionary.com:

"any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration, or devotion: Madame Curie had been her childhood idol.

Being an "idol" is not a crime and we shouldn't be as discouraged by the use of such word in regards to our boys. They are talented musically, but they are also very easy on the eyes :D. It would be diabolical to deny that the boys are not an idol because they are. People admired them for one (or all) of their attributes, either their ability, looks or even personality.

True, in certain Asian countries, the label "idols" was seen in a negative light (as someone who relied only on their look and not their talent to be popular), but like JunSu said, the boys wanted to break that negative image of an idols and prove that idols can be real artists too.

And if you notice how Avex promoted the boys, they also encourage the idol-ness of the boys. Just take a look at their various photobooks, non-music DVD (like History in Japan, Bigeast Fanmeet, AADBSK, etc), and merchandise. So if Japanese people started to regard them as an idol, then it's just part of Avex marketing strategies.

I acknowledge that some fans admired their looks only, but I'm totally fine with that. A fan is a fan, doesn't matter what they like about the boys. Because God gave them their talents and their looks. I saw nothing wrong in using both to keep their fans happy ^^.

Completely agree with you...

It's not the 'idol' thing that I disagree with, it's the image of an 'idol' in Korea that I am concern on. Like they will always be a second rate artist just because they are an idol. Japan did not do this. They acknowledge the talent that THSK have and admit their popularity as an idol as well.

---

I thought (and hoping) that they will be back in Korea this week to celebrate their first Dome concert with Korean cassie like they do when they chart 1st with Purple Line. I guess they need the break now, and they deserves every second of it. The question is, where do they break?? Are they shipping their family to Tokyo so they can relax more??? :shrug:

Guest kinkie_lass

Personally I don't think that the two are mutually exclusive. The boys are both artists and idols at the same time.

Here's one of the definition of the word "Idol" from dictionary.com:

"any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration, or devotion: Madame Curie had been her childhood idol.

Being an "idol" is not a crime and we shouldn't be as discouraged by the use of such word in regards to our boys. They are talented musically, but they are also very easy on the eyes :D. It would be diabolical to deny that the boys are not an idol because they are. People admired them for one (or all) of their attributes, either their ability, looks or even personality.

True, in certain Asian countries, the label "idols" was seen in a negative light (as someone who relied only on their look and not their talent to be popular), but like JunSu said, the boys wanted to break that negative image of an idols and prove that idols can be real artists too.

And if you notice how Avex promoted the boys, they also encourage the idol-ness of the boys. Just take a look at their various photobooks, non-music DVD (like History in Japan, Bigeast Fanmeet, AADBSK, etc), and merchandise. So if Japanese people started to regard them as an idol, then it's just part of Avex marketing strategies.

I acknowledge that some fans admired their looks only, but I'm totally fine with that. A fan is a fan, doesn't matter what they like about the boys. Because God gave them their talents and their looks. I saw nothing wrong in using both to keep their fans happy ^^.

i like your post and i very much agree with everything that has been said :)

i'd like to think that the way Avex so relentlessly marketed Tohoshinki in Japan is because they want to have their own idols groups.

Avex has many artistes under their wings but i realized they don't have any male group to cater the idols' market unless you take EXILE into account but honestly they don't fit the typical idol mould

i don't have any problem with idols in general because as a normal girl i have my been journeying my youth fangirling a lot of Japanese idols before. i remembered the boys saying they don't want to be known simply as an idol anymore, they wanted to be recognized for their musical and vocal abilities. and i understand where they came from, somewhere where idols aren't taken really seriously in the business.

f_earningsm_29d0896.jpg

*taken from Ayumi's site that's why she's in blue*

basically they divided the total earnings by five members, that's how they come up with this figure. they each brought in 4.985 billion yen

Guest Sayuri JaeJoong

Hi for everybody once again!

I´d like to post some cute and

So beautifull JaeJoong♥´s pics ok???

[color="#FF0000"]LOL[/color] !!! Did U see [color="#FF0000"]something moreeee [/color]in this pic???
[color="#9932CC"]JaeJoong♥[/color] is a beautifull man of course BUT...
[color="#FF0000"]LOL[/color][u] Just look for [size=4][color="#008000"]JaeJoong♥´s[/color] pants[/u] [/size][color="#FF0000"]LOL [/color]!!!
Looks that [color="#00BFFF"]JaeJoong♥[/color] was really very [color="#FF0000"]ANIMATED[/color] in [color="#9932CC"]Tokyo Dome♥ [/color]ne???
[img]http://h.imagehost.org/0098/24195.jpg[/img]
[/codebox]

More Tokyo Dome Pics ♥

24226.jpg

24242.jpg

24237.jpg

24240.jpg

And I´m posting too from AllkPop a new result from

[size=4][color="#FF0000"]Korea’s Top 50 Best Voices[/color] !!![/size]

I´m always so proud of them ♥!!!

Look !!!

[color="#FF0000"]3 Tohoshinki♥´s[/color] in the same Top List♥!!!

[color="#0000FF"]Kim Junsu♥ [/color]no one surprise ne...

[color="#0000FF"]Junsu♥[/color] always strikes !!!

[color="#00BFFF"]Kim Jae Joong♥[/color] No one surprise too!!!

[color="#00BFFF"]JaeJoong♥[/color] has a beautifull and so sweet voice ne???

[color="#FF00FF"]Shim Changmin♥ [/color]he never desappoint ne???

[color="#FF00FF"]Changmin♥ [/color]has always so strong voice ne ???

[size=3][u][color="#9932CC"]But in my heart all Tohomembers is IN this Top List![/color][/u][/size]

Ok Ok...I admit u.U" I thought this top list , isn´t fair

Coz Everybody knows [color="#008000"]Yunho♥[/color] [u]"grow up"[/u] always as singer

And [color="#008080"]Yoochun♥ [/color]more and more He always effort and his voice for me

Is very very rare voice coz his voice for me is just [color="#FF0000"]PERFECT[/color] u.U" !

Credits:allkpop + as tagged.

Shared By:www.tvxqpowerfullgods.blogspot.com

+

www.imcrazyformyjaejoong.blogspot.com[/b][/i][/color]

Guest inatlum

Does AADBSK3 release on july 31 or does it release on aug 18?

edit: and also when does the miroticon dvd release?

Guest ickboo

Hey everyone,

I don't know if anyone shared this info yet, but I emailed HMV about whether the 4th live DVD was press edition and this is what they said:

"Greetings from HMV.co.jp,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The item you have inquired will be the first-press editions,

and there will be bonus track.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/3634692

Thank you for shopping at HMV.co.jp.

We look forward to your next visit to our website.

Best regards,

HMV E-Commerce Customer Service

Asako Matsuura

email@hmv.co.jp"

So it is press edition with bonus track- but no poster, I don't think.

Guest XxfenxX

have been a slient reader like ever since i know soompi.

firstly, i love the boys a lot and thanks everyone for the amazing photos, fancams and fans' accounts for all the events TVXQ has been. All i can say is great job!!! *clap clap clap*

talking about the songs, i've been waiting for this topic for a long time. haha!

of course, we love all the songs that the boys sing but there will be a couple that we will skip.

for me, these are the songs that i'll skip. [since i know TVXQ late (only knew them when they are singing "sky"), the songs from their early years, i have yet to listen.]

-Love in the Ice. (Shocking??!! it seems like everyone liked it. but for me, not really. be it live or recorded, japanese or korean)

-ZION

-Dead end

-Last angel (neither with koda kumi nor themselves)

-Together (seems noisy. with all the background sounds)

Songs i rarely skipped or listen to it till my ipod screams.

-Sky!! (i know TVXQ through this song!)

-Forever love (love it when they acapella-ed it)

-mirotic (both versions)

-Stand By U

-TAXI

-Kiss mini coopera Mama, Sayonara

-Rainy night

-忘れないで

-どうして君を好きになってしまったんだろう?

-Bolero

Although this came late, CONGRATS TO TOHOSHINKI!! THEY MADE IT TO THE TOP IN ORICON! WELL DONE! :D

Guest yumidoma

TVXQ Holds Concert at Tokyo Dome

[2009-07-07]

7063_185_l.jpg

The boy band TVXQ has finally achieved its dream of performing at the Tokyo Dome. According to SM Entertainment, TVXQ drew more than 100,000 people to its two concerts entitled "4th Live Tour 2009 - The Secret Code" and held July 4-5 at the Tokyo Dome.

Opening the concerts with "Secret Game," TVXQ performed 32 songs for 3 hours and 20 minutes. The repertoire included "How Did I Come To Love You?", "Nobody Knows," "MItoritc," "Somebody To Love," "Love In The Ice" and "The Way U Are."

Each member also staged a solo performance. Hero and Micky sang the ballad "Colors - Melody and Harmony" in a duet, while Chang-min sang the rock-beat song "Wild Soul," receiving a favorable response from the audience.

The TVXQ members said they were happy to finally perform at the Tokyo Dome and that their Japanese-speaking skills are now good enough to convey their feelings through their songs. "We have grown a lot," said the members.

The band drew 300,000 people to its 21 concerts in nine Japanese cities. Japanese media, including The Nikkan Sports and The Sports Nippon, lauded TVXQ for reaffirming its top status in the Japanese music market and for achieving the so-called "300,000 feat" by drawing 300,000 people to its concerts, releasing 300,000 singles and selling 300,000 copies of its albums.

In August, TVXQ will perform at the Japanese summer festival A-Nation along with top Japanese artists.

Original Article: KBS

IDOL Vs. ARTIST

if you has asked me this question two years ago... then I would've said.. tht it's Pissed me off When "korean" Media.. regards

DBSK as an Idol and not an Artist but now an IDOL or ARTIST, I could care less...

In Japan they are mostly known as.. "Korean Vocal Group.." but in Korea it's "Popular Idol DBSK"... but then again..

Korean Media and the Public has this whole Stereotypes about being an Idol....

DBSK is an Idol... whom most of the younger artist look up to and wanna follow their footsteps.

DBSK is an Artist.... who is respected by all Artist.. for their work..

All in all ...

DBSK is best at what they are doing...

Good Looks.... Humble & down to earth Personalities.... Talents.... Best Vocal.... Dance...

They have it all... . Tht's why they are the "IDOL" group..... simply Flawless....

I'm just proud to be their fan.

Lord bless them..

- yumidoma

Guest blackelement_ice

HOW COME NO SOLO PICS OF SU AND MIN FROM DOME??

i've been waiting...and waiting...and waiting...so thus chun...too few.....

wuuuuuuuuhhuhuuuuhu

Guest YukariiChangmin

Official Japanese Journal recognizes

the success of 東方神起 in Tokyo Dome♥

23107.jpg

23108.jpg

23109.jpg

credits:www.tvxqpowerfullgods.blogspot.com

I´m soOoO Proud of them :w00t:

Basically the article refers to the success of 東方神起

at Tokyo Dome and the journey of our boys up there at the Tokyo Dome!!!

Guest asdfhjkl;

Songs I usually skip..

STW, KTBS, Dangerous Mind, Beautiful Life, Clap!, Million Men, Rainbow (from Mirotic, I like the T one), Paradise, Try My Love, Dangerous Mind, Phantom, Free Your Mind, Step By Step, Together, Shine, You're My Miracle, etc. I normally don't listen to their SMP songs by themselves, but I still like them.

DBSK definetely has quite some ehhh songs, but honestly, the amount of amazing/good songs far surpasses the amount of ehhh songs, so it really doesn't matter to me.

This is such a cute CM! I love how they used acapella. I really really like it!

What English Song would you like DBSK to cover? (Given that they will practice their very best to perfect their pronunciation :))

The first song that I thought of was 'You Raise Me Up - Westlife'. I practically died with happiness when they sang part of it with Ye Eun during SBS's Chocolate. They sounded soo soo good, and the song itself is just love.

Sorry for cutting, but I absolutely agree. I was going to try and say something like that, but you definetely worded it ten times better than me. It at first seems conflicting for idol and artist to be used together, but I think DBSK embodies both. There's nothing wrong with being an idol, and I don't like how it's starting to become a synonym for 'talentless'. There's obviously many talentless idols, but it's not like they represent all idols.

Guest lynaeina

THSK - 090704 Bolero @4LT Tokyo Dome [FULL AUD]

[Eng Sub] TVXQ on a-nation Past & Future!

[Eng Sub] DBSK on YTN News!

a report on the Tokyo Dome concerts and the Omotesando subway station poster displays

[Eng Sub] TVXQ on a-nation Past & Future! <=== Jaejae is on the loose again. :lol: I love the way he re-enacts his stories.

[Eng Sub] DBSK on YTN News! <=== The girl interviewed is actually right, we all can see how hard-working TVXQ is that we find ourselves always worrying for them. :(

Will they be back for Korea before going to Beijing?

[TRANS] 090707 Aya Ueto, THSK Monopolises New CM, Member Hope To Date

Reported at 13:18

http://i28.tinypic.com/2uhwvhl.jpg

Source: [Oricon]

Translation credits: mandasoh@iscreamshinki.net

Shared by: iscreamshinki.net

DO NOT REMOVE/ADD ON ANY CREDITS

Thank you so much for reposting what's in iscreamshinki to here. And mostly for the translations. I really do appreciate it. ^__^

Indeed the yukata that Azumi girl is wearing is so festive that any guy would want to take her out on a date. She's getting cuter by age.

My congratulations to the boys! :lol: They have penetrated the Japanese market--grand slam. Oh well almost... ;)

ORONAMIN-C CM - I love the acapella ^^..

thx whisperpuppies for the translation

edit:: YT Link

THSK - 090707 Oronamin- C CM 30s Version

Me too! The more when I found out that the lyrics is so daaang funny. They were singing so seriously that I could've thought it really is. :lol: The boys can really put up an act! Since we have seen them on CM, hopefully we can see them in movies too!

About the songs that I can't stand, there are a lot actually just to be honest. :lol:

But I'd rather talk about the ones that I can't get tired of (just my top three):

9095/9096 ===> no offense to jae, i love this (& him) so much but it's somewhat quiet so i'm listening to varunacameroon's remade of this. he put some guitar improvisation to it & turned into rock. suits my taste.

love in the ice ===> the power blending song

why do i love you? ===> i love the beat & the tongue twister-like lyrics :lol:

and of course i wouldn't end my special day post without sharing something. :lol:

I'm sure most of you will agree that our boys are inspirations of creating art.

This is cute for that personalized sticker:

tvxq02kaiping.th.jpg

These are great for greeting cards: (Cheer somebody up. ^__^)

tvxq19.th.jpg tvxq25.th.jpg

For other purposes: (:lol:)

tvxq33.th.jpg tvxq06.th.jpg

And extra extra for some ______ness:

yunjae05.th.jpg

Credits are as tagged by the way.

Ok Jae, do the bye bye:

sayonarajaejoong0302.jpg

Guest dreammssxx

[HD Fancam] Junsu throwing balls ~ We Are! ~ TokyoDome

lucky girls who get to catch the balls lol junsu's smile =)

[Fancam] Checkmate! ~ Yunho ~ Tokyo Dome 090704

this fan filmed from the screen ~

[Fancam] Rocker Changmin ~ Wild Soul ~ TokyoDome 090705

his voice definitely suits the dome~

wohoo~ topped a page!

DBSKnights new release:

090626 The 3rd Asia Tour Concert MIROTIC in BKK Press Conference- English Subbed

download it here

[ENG SUB/DL LINK] 090626 The 3rd Asia Tour Concert MIROTIC in BKK Press Conference[1/2]

Archived