[Drama 2009] My Fair Lady / Lady Castle 아가씨를 부탁해

_shin_

Since the drama haven't give us yet much about Hyena's first love... I'm curious about what are your guesses as what happened between Hyena and Junsu? And where did Junsu go?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sittie2009

week is so long to wait for the next episode.......i really miss cute hye na on my lop top screen,,,,,MFL FIGHTING

Guest fatlouie85

Since the drama haven't give us yet much about Hyena's first love... I'm curious about what are your guesses as what happened between Hyena and Junsu? And where did Junsu go?

I think maybe the grandpa gt something to do wif them breaking up? Maybe gramps think that a mere horse racer doesn't fit wif HN's & Kang San's status? & tell Junsu to leave w/o telling HN the real reason? I mean gramps can already order HN to go overseas over TY's incident wat abt Junsu? Or maybe Junsu have some end stage illnesses & decided to leave w/o telling HN....well, tt's all i can guess now lol :)

MLF FIGHTING!!!

@heycitrus & shelter: I think the problem is, besides the weak script, that the balance between YEH acting mean and YEH acting cute is just bad. Because everyone likes and expects her to act cute, because of all her previous dramas which made her popular, and they are trying to deliver that, but, at the same time, the character demands to be played meanly, so they are trying to deliver that, too, but it doesn't work out. Also, I think YEH has to compete with one of the greatest mean-diva-perfomances in recent Korean drama history: Jo Anna from "Fantasy Couple", who was *really* mean; drama-wise, they share the same television genes and come from a similar place.

I think maybe the grandpa gt something to do wif them breaking up? Maybe gramps think that a mere horse racer doesn't fit wif HN's & Kang San's status? & tell Junsu to leave w/o telling HN the real reason? I mean gramps can already order HN to go overseas over TY's incident wat abt Junsu? Or maybe Junsu have some end stage illnesses & decided to leave w/o telling HN....well, tt's all i can guess now lol :)

MLF FIGHTING!!!

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Prolly the grandpa thinks that this Jun Su oppa wasnt good enough for his precious grandaughter and he shooed him away or threatening him to stay away from her. Her bratty behaviour was just her way of rebelling. <_< I hope the scriptwriters are planning to write his character and adding it to the show. Maybe as a flashback, or he'd come back to rock HN's world again, but this time HN's already in love with DC..or TY, make it a square angle, I dont care :lol:

Guest MariYEH

Also, I think YEH has to compete with one of the greatest mean-diva-perfomances in recent Korean drama history: Jo Anna from "Fantasy Couple", who was *really* mean; drama-wise, they share the same television genes and come from a similar place.

Jo Anna and Hyenna have different reason for being mean. Jo Anna was just mean period, while Hyenna was a sweet girl in the beginning, but because of something that happened in her past that hurt her so badly, she turned into a rebellious brat, but deep down, she is still a sweet girl and even the butler who has worked on her household for a long time knows that she wasn't always like this. And grandpa too.

Guest sittie2009

yoon eun hye as hye na role on this drama was so much complicated,she need to be a rich brat,lovable,cute,a sweet girl,a strong woman,, the PD really make hye na to much complicated.ITS REALLY A ONE OF KIND ROLE TO PORTRAIT,coz eun hye need to portrait and show all those emotion per episode,

and i salute her for choosing this project and doing such good job. fighting yoon eun hye ......

@heycitrus & shelter: I think the problem is, besides the weak script, that the balance between YEH acting mean and YEH acting cute is just bad. Because everyone likes and expects her to act cute, because of all her previous dramas which made her popular, and they are trying to deliver that, but, at the same time, the character demands to be played meanly, so they are trying to deliver that, too, but it doesn't work out. Also, I think YEH has to compete with one of the greatest mean-diva-perfomances in recent Korean drama history: Jo Anna from "Fantasy Couple", who was *really* mean; drama-wise, they share the same television genes and come from a similar place.

I agree that the balance in character protrayals and acting chemistry between the actors isn't up to par. To be honest, I was anticipating YEH's transition to a more despicable character instead of the usual cutsey stuff. Btw, I agree. Who dictated that a person has to "act cute" in order to be cute? I think HN could definitely be mean and stubborn, without pouting or acting cute, and still be adorable. HN's baby cousin is completely adorable - without acting cute.

Am I the only one lamenting the chemistry? Did the actors stumble into their roles too soon, or is it something else? Even if the script was incoherent, the plot cliche and predictable, I can make do with it as long as the acting & acting chemistry blows me away. That's why Partner, Triple, City Hall, My Youthfulness, among others recently watched, astonished me, even if everything else had been mediocre (which was not the case). I was completely spell-bounded by the subtle/profound acting & chemistry between the leads.

So far, my favorite characters are MCW's YEJ and WSH's KSM, when I was completely ready to fall in love with YEH and JIW's characters. I think I'm going to need some time to appreciate the leads in this drama.

Jo Anna and Hyenna have different reason for being mean. Jo Anna was just mean period, while Hyenna was a sweet girl in the beginning, but because of something that happened in her past that hurt her so badly, she turned into a rebellious brat, but deep down, she is still a sweet girl and even the butler who has worked on her household for a long time knows that she wasn't always like this. And grandpa too.

Since I avoid spoilers like the plague, I don't usually read up on the dramas prior to watching it, and therefore don't know what kind of witch or "mean" HN is supposed to represent. But hopefully the script-writers do due-diligence on HN's character development. So far, they've glossed over the character devos, and used the screen-time on superficial (i.e. fasion) scenes/shots and other eye-candy - which should imply that they'll now focus on the more rudimentary things like character development and script.

I'm really hoping this drama doesn't become a huge disappointment - but it hasn't lived up to its potential so far. Really hope the cliche script, manga-like over-dramatics, shallow cinematography, and "if only.." will not be the characteristics I think of when this drama is mentioned in the future. :huh: The production has gotta do better than BOF - not talking about ratings/popularity here - but maybe that's the only standard most people go by.

Guest TaroTard

Finally got to watch ep 4 and yay I loved it, gosh I love this drama so much ^0^ what an ending, can't wait til the next one!

It's funny watching it on Viikii and seeing comments at the top... the amount of JIW is cute comments all the time annoys me so I tend not to bother reading but one came up at the end of the ep that was short and made me laugh because I thought yeah that's what I'm thinking

DCs gonna get a slap? XDDDD maybe I'll be surprised and he won't... she is pretty drunk but as soon as I saw that scene I winced and thought, it's gonna hurt and as I did a comment came up saying, 'he's gonna get slapped next episode' XDDD love it

Guest MariYEH

I agree that the balance in character protrayals and acting chemistry between the actors isn't up to par. To be honest, I was anticipating YEH's transition to a more despicable character instead of the usual cutsey stuff. Btw, I agree. Who dictated that a person has to "act cute" in order to be cute? I think HN could definitely be mean and stubborn, without pouting or acting cute, and still be adorable. HN's baby cousin is completely adorable - without acting cute.

Since I avoid spoilers like the plague, I don't usually read up on the dramas prior to watching it, and therefore don't know what kind of witch or "mean" HN is supposed to represent. But hopefully the script-writers do due-diligence on HN's character development. So far, they've glossed over the character devos, and used the screen-time on superficial (i.e. fasion) scenes/shots and other eye-candy - which should imply that they'll now focus on the more rudimentary things like character development and script.

It's too early to tell whether the chemistry of the actors are up to par or not. I mean it hasn't crossed to that love connection yet in the story. So far it's all onesided. I dont blame this on the actors, the scriptwriters aren't very good at developing the story, it seems pretty rushed, like they jump from one scene to another without really focusing long enough on the important characters. Not long enough for us to sympathize, connect with them or feel their chemistry.

The scriptwriters work is very sloppy like: when Hyenna and Dongchan were attacked by gangsters, HN is usually this tough girl who knows martial arts, yet they reduced her character into a coward....that's just one example, there are more but too lazy to list them.

As for HN acting cute and pouty, I think that's how she was told to portray her character. Same as YSH and his exagerrated acting and JIW's smiling cause if you watched their past series their acting is not like this.

And comparing HN to her baby cousin is not such a good comparison...he is a little boy, he will always be cuter :lol:

It's too early to tell whether the chemistry of the actors are up to par or not. I mean it hasn't crossed to that love connection yet in the story. So far it's all onesided. I dont blame this on the actors, the scriptwriters aren't very good at developing the story, it seems pretty rushed, like they jump from one scene to another without really focusing long enough on the important characters. Not long enough for us to sympathize, connect with them or feel their chemistry.

As for HN acting cute and pouty, I think that's how she was told to portray her character. Same as YSH and his exagerrated acting and JIW's smiling cause if you watched their past series their acting is not like this.

And comparing HN to her baby cousin is not such a good comparison...he is a little boy, he will always be cuter :lol:

lolz..oh boy, our perspectives are quite different on the chemistry aspect. Personally, I think how great and talented an actor is, is preciously how fast and easily s/he assimilates into his/her role, and with other collaborating actors. Frankly, most people will improve, get used to, learn, adapt...eventually. Just like even if I find a drama lacking in almost all areas, if I stick with it, I eventually like something about it, or get used to something that I disliked in the beginning. Sometimes an actor finds an extremely suitable role and is able to protray it exceptionally, but I believe only great actors can play any role, with anyone. It's just something in the eyes, the expression, the spark generated by a true thespian, etc. As for MFL, I haven't ruled out the chemistry - but I know it's not going to be like Goong, Coffee Prince, Return of Iljimae, etc. and that sizzling excitement I feel when I see something sparkle onscreen right from the gecko.

Also wasn't comparing how cute HN is vs. baby cousin - it was an example of not having to "act cute" to be cute. And yes, he is entirely adorable acting like a grown-up, sorta like that in real life too - the little know-it-all. :lol:

Guest cookiesncream

im wondering...do u guys think MCW will be paired up with anyone cause at this point..i really think her and JIW would make a REALLY good couple

I think the lead act0rs p0rtrayal of their r0les isnt really the pr0blem. Bec0z fr0m what ive watch, YEH and YSH acting are pretty g00d. What I see is the pl0t n0t being d0ne well. The st0ry itself is n0t pretty g00d. .The script writers sh0uld n0tice this. .Lets n0t blame the act0rs,c0z I think they're d0ing their best to give justice to their r0le. ;)

Guest sittie2009

my fair lady is a romantic comedy so i was expecting more of exagerrated acting,,,,that how comedy drama it should be....but any way it was fun to watch i love all the cast if there is a bad acting i steel love it,my be coz i love to watch rom/com drama like iswak,hanayori dango,bad family,who are you etc.. :D :D :D ....week is to long to wait for me but repeating those 4 ep is fun to do.....mfl fighting.....

i'm a bit disappoint with this. i've been anticipating YEH's return and i liked MCW in painter of the wind. YSH was really entertaining in Housewives too. but then that's about the only good things in this drama. the plot itself so far was boring and i really hated the guy who play YEH's current love interest. his acting is so stiff and there's just something wrong with his look/acting. i will give this drama a few more episodes and i REALLY hope it'll pick up since this in a way is sorta like YEH's big comeback.

plz don't hate me. it's really just what I thought about the show/actors.

im wondering...do u guys think MCW will be paired up with anyone cause at this point..i really think her and JIW would make a REALLY good couple

I don't know but I personally hope so! : ) When watching dramas I always tend to think alot about side characters and wishing they would get their share of love... But I'm not sure whether I'd like TY or DC for EJ.

Archived