Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest shinhdeplol

^ Thanks for the airport photos. All of them looked so pretty, esp Sohee, Lim and Sunye. Although I <3 that hairstyle of Park oppa, I have always preferred her with her hair down. She looks reallly elegant and gorgeous like that ^^

Yoobin's red hair is <333

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mia_Mia

Sunye, Yubin and Sohee with Wilbur ...he invited them to eat dumplings ^^ ... Yeeun and Lim are on a diet so therefore couldnt attend.

4548883681_b6f38366c0_o.jpg

sunye said "im so full" in mandarin and even bought some redbean buns back. maybe yeeun will be tempted... heehee.

credit ricecakey for translations

Guest sunmikiwangjang

Sunye, Yubin and Sohee with Wilbur ...he invited them to eat dumplings ^^ ... Yeeun and Lim are on a diet so therefore couldnt attend.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/454888...6f38366c0_o.jpg

credit ricecakey for translations

Cute.

Who's Wilbur though?

Yeeun and Lim dont need to diet. Oh my thats so sound that yeeun, the food queen, cant eat :(

Guest XxSwt Lilo LuverxX

^

^

in that pic wilbur looks sooo much like 'kihoon' from cinderella's sister xD

neway yoobin is getting so skinny these days . she was healthy before & she still looks healthy now but lets just hope she doesnt get too skinny like in her tell me days =]

Guest Mia_Mia

sunmikiwangjang

that was the reason given but maybe yeeun and lim did something else.. yeeun was seen eating the gifts given to sunye @ shanghai , so I doubt that she is actually not eating...lim and yeeun have the bigger appetites so maybe they had too much to eat that day and decided to skip the dumplings treat by Wilbur... Wilbur and YuMinAhn were supposed to go to the night market after the treat but couldnt because it rained.... Wilbur is an american born -taiwanese singer, he's done a cf with Hyori in the past....

more airport pics

678953332.jpg

4548883805_c94b66a86a_o.jpg

credit yahoo taiwan,google taiwan and Nora (sunye thread)

press conference

wondergirlswretch127212.jpg

wondergirlswretch127212x.jpg

wondergirlswretch127212d.jpg

wondergirlswretch127212k.jpg

wondergirlswretch127212b.jpg

credit yiwen + katyhwang @ sunyebaidu

caps from sunyewords...

hotnews_07.jpg

hotnews_04.jpg

hotnews_05.jpg

hotnews_06.jpg

hotnews_08.jpg

hotnews_09.jpg

hotnews_10.jpg

hotnews_01.jpg

hotnews_02.jpg

hotnews_03.jpg

credit :sunyewords and nora (sunye thread)

Guest sunmikiwangjang

thanks mia_mia

Wow I am so happy the girls' Taiwan trip was successful.

I never realized how well their album did there.

It seems like the girls had a lot of fun, except that one question Lol

Guest vietboi_tuan

^^^

Me neither, I knew the girls were popular is Asian

but I didn't know they were this popular in Taiwan.

Their appearance made such big headlines.

Never doubt the power of the Wonder Girls!!

They have event every single day and flying here

and there must be exhausting. Hope they stay

healthy. Wonder Girls fighting!

Every time I get online, I'm like, "Wonder what

the girls wore today?" I've never seen them

dress so amazing before. I guess because

all we see for the past 2 years are "Nobody"

outfits. The girls must be loving wearing

all these new clothes (very stylish ones).

Guest llborderline

wonder girls are very love in asia and i think

they have no idea how popular they are through out asia.

taiwan put wonder girls arrival in live news and i read they only do

that with world stars like beyonce and lady gaga.

and you know whats funny and amazing,

wonder girls visit to taiwan is a headline in the philippines.

the headline in philippines news tv programs the other day was

the up coming elections, ampatuans and wonder girls visit taiwan! hahaha

imagine if they visit philippines what would it be like? if their visit

to taiwan became headline news if wonder girls visit ph it will be

a national holiday too, im so not kidding. wonder girls are not only

korea's little sisters but asia's little sisters.

Guest akiko_nicole

This is embarassing to say but I just got into Wonder Girls recently (Im so behind) but oh well I started liking them through their song a sorry heart and after that I got hook up with them.. I started watching all the shows that they were in and I have to say they are totally different from other girl groups.. They have this special relationship atmosphere wherever they go.. Its like they treat each other like their own sister and family.. Also I have learned that sunmi(4d girl) she already quit WG..thats so sad coz I really like her personality..I hope she can still comeback eventhough Lim is already in the group..

I

I

I

I have a question, Is the wondergirls gonna live permanently in America from now on? coz they are always there promoting their album and stuff..

Guest talksound

^ no. they just happen to be trying to break into the american market, which is why they frequent the us so often.

but they will always live permanently in skorea, which is their home after all. i think after they find success in the us, they'll come back to korea and promote for longer periods of time.

Guest Stephy18

OMG WG and Wilbur together. How cute <333

He's one of my favorite Taiwanese idol along with Show Luo.

This is so cool that my two favorites hung out together.

Show Luo must be super jealous cuz Show/Wilbur are really good friends.

And Show wasn't able to attends 100% entertainment to meet WG but his friends gets to hang out...haha

They probably talked in english but yeah, wilbur had done a cf with hyori last year.

Guest sunmikiwangjang

This is embarassing to say but I just got into Wonder Girls recently (Im so behind) but oh well I started liking them through their song a sorry heart and after that I got hook up with them.. I started watching all the shows that they were in and I have to say they are totally different from other girl groups.. They have this special relationship atmosphere wherever they go.. Its like they treat each other like their own sister and family.. Also I have learned that sunmi(4d girl) she already quit WG..thats so sad coz I really like her personality..I hope she can still comeback eventhough Lim is already in the group..

I

I

I

I have a question, Is the wondergirls gonna live permanently in America from now on? coz they are always there promoting their album and stuff..

Welcome! One correction, Sunmi technically did not QUIT wg. She put her career on hold so she can get into college. Sorry I just have to point that out. America is their dream but their hearts are in korea. America is not permanent but Im sure that they will frequently visit america even when they aren't active here.

Guest WGkeon

I started watching all the shows that they were in and I have to say they are totally different from other girl groups.. They have this special relationship atmosphere wherever they go.. Its like they treat each other like their own sister and family..

Sorry to cut ur post..but

This is another proof that outside of wonderfuls, new comers or neutrals feel that theres this special something about wondergirls which we cant really pinpoint out no matter how hard we try. which makes them really different from other girl groups.

People always wonder why they are loved by so many when they are neither the funniest on variety show nor the most beautiful girls out there.

I guess being blessed by God is a different thing after all lol

Guest doryfish

hey wonderfuls out there... im kinda curious abt WG's comback.

They will released their new album on 15th May right? So they will make their comeback at the Dream Concert on 22nd May? Am I right to say that?

^

Yes, you're right.

On the 15th they'll launch their new song and album, which is in EP format trough an event in LA which will be visible over the internet trhough USTREAM. There's also been references about another album with more songs to land on July. The news about that second release have been scarce, and I guess they will stay so for a while since the comeback is now in focus.

Guest Stephy18

^

^

HI THERE!!! Welcome to the thread :D

But yeah technically you can say that. Those two dates are official and confirmed by many sources.

But after that, I'm not sure when WG will return to music shows like Music Bank and Inkigayo.

I just know that starting June to July, they will be having their U.S tour.

I really hope they do make comebacks on music shows cuz I miss those epic comeback stages.

But with the girls so busy for their concert, I dont know if they will have the time to do it.

I wished the girls started a little later with their tour so they could spend more time promoting in korea.

I want to see the girls win some awards and kick some booty..lol

Guest qoxie

Who's Wilbur though?

Ah, so Wilber Pan was telling the truth!

I hope WG steele their hearts, cuz he's quite a lady charmer :lol: -- but in a good way (one of the most easygoing artistes around.)

His nickname is Handsome Pan 潘帅 which explains as much.

Briefly, he's an ABC (could have been easily talent-spotted for Kpop but for ethnicity) who became a Channel [V] video-jockey & then crossed over as Mandopop idol (singer, actor).

Appropriately, Taiwan co-opted him into this informal group (Jay Chou, Show Luo, Jerry Yan, Will Liu, etc.) last decade. All were 20something idol singers who peddle R&B music, love basketball & are closely-knit socially.

- - - - - - - -

Looks like they will focus on cracking America again in the summer months (June to August) when the school kids are on vacation & the concert-touring season is at its peak.

Subsequently, much will depend on how July's US album is doing IMO, although WG has hinted about committing to an Asia tour first.

It's not economically viable to base in America forever, esp. with the opportunity cost (commercial partnerships & revenue streams in Asia) factored in.

I think WG has acknowledged this with their international blueprint for 2010, as opposed to last year when they suspended Asian activities for America.

- - - - - - - -

hey wonderfuls out there... im kinda curious abt WG's comback.

They will released their new album on 15th May right? So they will make their comeback at the Dream Concert on 22nd May? Am I right to say that?

May 15, 6pm California time, which is May 16, 10am Korean time.

JYPE told the Korean media earlier that WG will promote their new EP domestically for 2-3 weeks.

They should have TV performances in mind. So the speculation centers on logistical coordination (Korean variety shows spent a lot on stage sets & organizing fan attendance, over & above the filming process).

But the public comeback itself should be the Dream Concert, since the album is debuting on a Sunday morning in Korea (with WG physically in Los Angeles for their launch party) & the Dream Concert taking place the next Saturday evening.

Here's a pic of the Avalon Hollywood, where the album launch party will be held:-

v47wq9.jpg

Guest doryfish

^^^ Thanks wonderstruck, Stephy18 and qoxie! :D

I seriously cant wait for their comeback and their brand new song!

hope they will appear in inkigayo/music bank etc... I really miss seeing them in these music shows and also variety shows...

Guest Mia_Mia

hot hot hot.... Lim really shines and Yubin is just amazingly hot!... MinAhn have the soft princess look and Yeeun is pretty!

firefoxscreensnapz010.jpg

firefoxscreensnapz009.jpg

credit sohu and ricecakey @ sunyethread

Archived