Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest ll_borderline

^lol the first thing came out of my mouth after the video was "i want nobody nobody but chu~ back!" lmao

their hard work paid off!

the video makes me super duper happy!

their english is so good tremendous improvement with their pronunciation and diction.

i love it! i wonder how will they chose the lucky ones to get the autograph cd

i bet they will get thousands of feedback!

but i would love to get one im all for the autograph! lol

EunAhn selca from sohee's phone

1213507009_9.jpg

1213507009_8.jpg

look at MiSo and the 3 unnies...

757858.jpg

cr. cutegiurl

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pp.paeng

How did you find out about Wonder Girls?

Oh !!! it's unreasonable for me to find them out !!!

Actually, I know them for age but I never care about them much

I only know that their song such as Tell me, So hot, and Nobody are really popular !!!

but i only juz a song ... I don't even know their personal's name ...

but thing that made me really like her is on Dec 30th,2008 .. I watching Wonder Boys on SBS (i watch it on youtube)

and camera always focus on WG and yeah ,,i see only Sunye's face and she's smiling ...

Do you know guy... juz that sight I really admire her so much ... juz from that look ..

she's very smart, cool and my sense tell me that she is great one i could keep eye on .

so afterward i do searching all about her on the internet and when i watching a lot of her and the group ...

i do fall in love with WG ..

that's all why I like WG so hot !!!

Guest monmoon

I am quickly becoming the hugest sunye fan (haha..are there other like me?)...she seems perfect -- gorgeous, smart, kind, amazing singer and dancer.. :)

489aadf56518cfilename1zk4.jpg

I noticed that unlike yeeun and the others sunye has hardly any pictures of her with her school friends etc...But the ones that she does have are with this one particular girl...are they best friends?..is she a celebrity too?

tgs53tmpnu3.jpg

tgs50tmpqm6.jpg

I know she seems happy all the time but I feel like there is a layer of sadness with her always (maybe its just me)..I'd really like to see her surrounded by more of her friends

93636959um1.gif

Sohee's awesome pics for Numero Magazine.. Those first 2 released don't do the rest justice.. These are totally HOT!!!

The first is definitely my favourite.. She looks so sensual...

Our mandoo has definitely grown ~ ~ ~\

Edited... ulynn you're one step ahead of me!!! =)

Guest CharlotteDarcy

holy crap! Their English is marvelous in their official YT channel.

Must subcribe right away. Everybody please do the same.

BTW, I think YeEun meant to say subscribe, not submit. but whateva :D

Guest Jaden21

I am quickly becoming the hugest sunye fan (haha..are there other like me?)...she seems perfect -- gorgeous, smart, kind, amazing singer and dancer.. :)

Same here, buddy XD

The girls' english has improved immensely! They have been workin' so hard...so proud of them. Sunye and Wondergirls fightin'! :D

Wow, I was seriously dying from withdrawal and that video just made my morning xD

The only complaint I had was that JYPE needs to change the tags they have up for our girls =___= very inappropriate.

EDIT:

we almost always forget that the girls promoted eebabo for a time xD

A nice korean wonderful made a collection of our girls' performance outfits also

http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_784184/2009...32;ìƒ.jpg

EDIT1:

Which concept(Style, image) was their best? (Tell Me, So Hot, or Nobody?)

I liked Irony a lot xD SO WHERE IS IT!?!??! just kidding ^__^

I think different girls fit the different concepts.

Tell Me - So Hee

So Hot - Yoobin and Sunye

Nobody - YeEun and Sunmi

Hello!!..I am here!!!!...:)..glad to know that you're loving Min Leadah soo much!!!!!!!

ooh....ya tht girl is the only one but who is she????

mandu....ermm..i like the first two but not all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg247wxyN4o...re=channel_page

Omg,they're english is so good now!!!

They're improved alot!!!

And ahhh~Signed CD!!!

And now they're gnna start taking over youtube,heh.

Haha, their english is cute as always. Judging from the clip, Sun Mi seems to have improved her pronunciation the most following by Ye Eun. I think I've seen this channel before, but I didn't pay much attention to it because I thought it was fake. It's good that the girls made it clear that it's genuine with this video. ^^

---------------------------------

Which concept(Style, image) was their best? (Tell Me, So Hot, or Nobody?)

I'm not a 'So Hot' nor 'Tell Me' shipper so I've to say 'Nobody'...even though it's not my favourite out of all their outfits/styles/images. (*cough*whereisirony*cough*)

Their outfits during 'Tell Me' were a little bit too childish for my liking, and I didn't like their lipstick in 'So Hot'. They looked good in almost all of their 'Nobody' performances, except for those when they had their hideous wigs on... :ph34r:

-Edit-

I looked up the video again after reading akirou post, and I have to agree that the tags they have for the girls are pretty inappropriate. But hey, it's quite smart of JYPE to tag that way, since there are many pervs in youtube after all O_O (just jk, don't shoot me)

never come to soompi before but just saw wondergirls speaks english from youtube, and i found this thread from google it's like this's official international board for wondergirls, rite? i feel like new fan of them i never into korea artists much cause i cant understand korea language but since wondergirls can speaks english i think i'm so into them more, my fav is yeeun and sunmi and without any biased i think these two speaks english most fluent esp.yeeun, sunmi doing it well too and sorry but i dont like the ways that sunye sohee and yoobin speaks esp.sunye she should be the most fluent out of the group cause she's the leader but i feel like yeeun is the one who always speaks in english the most, sunye's english was a bit of horrible for me, i just noticed her since i watched she sang in buttons and stand up for love, i cant understand her english at all :sweatingbullets:

Guest honoriabi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpjN0csBQU...feature=related

3:47 Ye eun sang along with them

I like kim jin ho .he is really a good singer. he and Ye eun are in the same college. HIs voice makes him such a cute guy. he and Dae sung look a little alike.I like both of them.

with the help of lyrics i really like this song, Dae sung 's voice makes it really touching

I wish they three can be friends .because they study in the same department. post modern music.kim jin ho has amazing voice and his live performance is amazing and hot . I like Dae sung 's voice too.

In kbs music festival they three collaborated in musical .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to0-UERSsIo

Guest CharlotteDarcy

I don't know if you guys noticed this but...

if you look at WG's YT profile, this channel has been opened since January 3, 2007.

That's BEFORE the girls even debuted!!!

I guess the staff were lazy or never felt the need to use it until now.

Guest tRaKiNa-

Hey, I think this is my first time in one Wonder Girls's thread but I really like all the girls specially Yoobin, Yeeun and Sunmi!

I hope they rock on USA and come back fast to korea with a new hit single like the others *O*~

Well, I have a doubt.. hope this is the right place to ask it..hm... What happen to the other thread? XD The first one... Someone hacked it? /(TwT)~

Guest Liquid_Snack

We need a new Fever, Nobody fever is slowly but surely dying out on us, JYP/WG we need more~

Something like Tell me would be good, I still love that song.

LOL i still have that as my ringtone, I was on a Anatomy class last week, Then suddenly someone called me to silent my cellphone, lol Everyone was laughing. My professor asked me to dance infront of them or they will confiscate my phone, Hilarious reallly.

Guest Wickerman

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_dis...b46e389938bde17

MidemNet Day 1: Artist-Fan Relationship In Focus

January 17, 2009 - Global | Digital and Mobile | Touring

By Andre Paine and Mark Sutherland, Cannes

The opening day of MidemNet, the two-day conference in Cannes dedicated to the digital music business, dedicated several

panel discussions to the means of monetizing the artist-fan relationship.

edit (unrelated cut)

The Asian biz also came under scrutiny at day one of MidemNet. In an entertaining keynote session, Korean artist/entrepreneur

J.Y. Park, president of JYP Entertainment, enlightened the audience on how he has created a new breed of pan-Asian superstars.

Park, who has launched the likes of Rain and the Wonder Girls to multi-media stardom under the banner "We don't make music,

we make stars," predicted his business model -- which relies upon touring and brand endorsement income rather than album

sales -- would soon become the global norm.

He has academies in New York, Seoul and Beijing where hopefuls are trained in singing, dancing and acting, as well as being

taught languages and even acrobatics.

"Since Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey, there are no global stars," he claimed. "Look at the revenues Justin Timberlake or

Beyonce make in Asia and you will be surprised as it's close to zero. Every country has its own version of those stars. My goal is

to create a global star like Michael Jackson but to do that you have to speak their language. So all my artists speak at least two languages."

Park is developing a TV project with movie producer Lawrence Bender to launch his

girl group the Wonder Girls in the United States, while Rain has successfully transferred his acting career

to Hollywood with a role in "Speed Racer."

Park also said the Chinese market was a big money-spinner for his artists.

"The market is not well copyright protected," he said, "but as long as the artists travel it's one of the biggest markets in the world. The

income is all from touring and endorsements but the revenue is really big. Send your copyrights to Japan, but send your artists to China."

MIDEM, the international music market and conference, begins on Jan. 18.

This tv project is probably unrelated to Yosama's (Bae Yong-joon)

and JYP's Dream High project. Who is Lawrence Bender you may ask?

His main claim to prominence is as the producer for Quentin Tarantino's

films, (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, etc.) His non QT highlights include

Good Will Hunting, Anna and the King, the "Goal!" movies and Nancy Drew.

In terms of tv, since 2000 he has developed projects at all of the six

major broadcast networks, as well as (more important imo) the cable

satellite channels such as HBO, Showtime, USA, Sci-Fi, etc. [speculation]What am

I thinking this could be? Maybe an half hour weekly show along the lines of the

mtv series, doc style on the girls conditioning themselves in the US to

introduce viewers while showing WG perfs/funny translated pieces[/speculation]

It would be perfect for the cable networks as there is more of a risk, heavy burden

expected over on the bigs. Because of Bender being a successful or better well

known producer his stuff will be evaluated more closely than a no name I think.

This bodes well for the girls.

Chinese market....ahem. ;)

Guest adikkeluangman

Is Wonder Girls concert tickets at Bangkok still available. Is there any website that I can get through. I had friend that really want to to this concert. Or any Malaysian that go to this concert. Please PM me. Thank you.

How did you find out about Wonder Girls?

Since it from JYP, I believe it sure been good. Thus, I been following WG on and off.

Which song is your favorite?

I like all the catchy songs so far.

When I read the article about JYP vision of god and WG. It like so true, JYP never use faces as the commodity, but he believes on the talent of the person. Take a look at god and Rain because JYP believe in their talent. god also known as Korean big brother group and WG is Korean little sister group. How it matched.

^those pictures of sohee is so nicee! . . i love the last one with the glasses .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg247wxyN4o...re=channel_page

Omg,they're english is so good now!!!

They're improved alot!!!

And ahhh~Signed CD!!!

And now they're gnna start taking over youtube,heh.

AH!, their english is so good . esp. sunmi i love when she say 'for the lucky one . . ' omg omg

this is so cute. They improve so much .

guys subscribe to their channel LOL . . =] & i am totally entering the contest or what not.

I hope i win *cry*

Welcome to the new posters!

and welcome to soompi Kabey!

@ Kabey:

yeah. sun ye isn't that fluent in english compared to ye eun/the other girls, but she is the most fluent chinese...so it's all good.^^

i miss the girls. i wish they are active but at the same time i want them to do other things and maybe get rest (rest in their dictionary is different from ours :sweatingbullets:

which concept was their best?

this is a pretty hard question. i love the three concepts. (tell me, so hot and nobody) but if i really have to choose only one, then i'd probably choose nobody because it is so elegant (minus the wig, then it'll be perfect.lol)

but what i really love is not one of the choices. i love the concept in irony because it is the concept that made me love them...and also ee babo -- that was cool. oh heck! i love so hot too because it's hot and tell me because it is awesome, but i only have to choose one. ssssaaadddd...TT_TT

Archived